Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Nike sales up

I swear to God I must be the most uninformed, misguided human alive. Very few of my positions are in agreement with the good Doc.

:(

I swear to God I must be the most uninformed, misguided human alive. Very few of my positions are in agreement with the good Doc.

:(

Recognizing the problem is a good first step ;)

• Like 1

My stepdaughter has to buy black sneakers for her job as a hostess.

My stepdaughter has to buy black sneakers for her job as a hostess.

A hostess in a high end restaurant can make over 100k. Too bad you can't. Lol.

I knew HT wasnt a cop but I didnt think he was a maitre d. :lol:

So jealous, following me around like a pup. Woof woof. Lol.

i just bought three pairs. :wave:

So you're the reason Nike's stock just hit its all time record high... .Don't you know that Phil Knight is an idiot?

these shoes i am wearing will be one of the most collected sports memorabilia of all time. :cheers:

i gots two pairs on ice with hopes of putting my grandkids thru college one day. :music_guitarred:

My boy needed a full refresh of lacrosse gear, Nike was available, but I refuse to spend a penny on anything Nike, they can go fck themselves....

My boy needed a full refresh of lacrosse gear, Nike was available, but I refuse to spend a penny on anything Nike, they can go fck themselves....

Theyll probably be closing the lacrosse division soon.

Theyll probably be closing the lacrosse division soon.

That would make sense for them actually. Hopefully we, as consumers, can force them to close entirely.

That would make sense for them actually. Hopefully we, as consumers, can force them to close entirely.

I doubt it will have much impact but I respect your decision to not support Nike if you disagree with them.

I doubt it will have much impact but I respect your decision to not support Nike if you disagree with them.

:thumbsup:

Has anybody mentioned the huge contract Nike and the NFL are signatories in?

I think Nike is about as socially conscious as Mel Gibson for Christ's sake.

Like every other Corporation it's all about the shareholders.

Has anybody mentioned the huge contract Nike and the NFL are signatories in?

I think Nike is about as socially conscious as Mel Gibson for Christ's sake.

Like every other Corporation it's all about the shareholders.

In case most forgot, Nike has a deal with the NFL - signed thru 2028. The Nike Swoosh will be visible and on full display for each and every uniform.

It will be interesting to see how far the hypocrisy extends on this. It will be interesting to see how many of those burning Nike gear in effigy, and how many of those up in arms - still tune in to watch the NFL...

• Like 1

Cheaper to pay Kaepernick so no one brings up their slave labor. It's a sham and a cover up.

Something like 97% of all clothing worn in the US is manufactured overseas. Nikes slave labor isnt a secret and its not unique in clothing manufacturing.

Nike is just deflecting from the fact that they are the biggest users of slave labor on the planet. And Kaepernick is a gigantic hypocrite preaching about human rights and taking blood money from NIke.

Something like 97% of all clothing worn in the US is manufactured overseas. Nikes slave labor isnt a secret and its not unique in clothing manufacturing.

MAGA hats and almost every American flag in existence in that 97%

Not official MAGA hats.

The fact that the clay matthews play was a textbook example of roughing is driving me away...with a host of other reasons...this camel has alot of straws on its back

Dont forget Trumps clothing line.

The fact that the clay matthews play was a textbook example of roughing is driving me away...with a host of other reasons...this camel has alot of straws on its back

Yep

Nike stock closed at an all time high - over 85 now.

How are sales?

How are sales?

I'm not sure... But I am sure nobody asked about sales when the slap-nut, dong sucking celebration was happening when it was announced Nike stock had plummeted for a day following the Kaep news.

Now that the stock has hit records levels - now all of the sudden sales are a question.......shocking.

I'm not sure... But I am sure nobody asked about sales when the slap-nut, dong sucking celebration was happening when it was announced Nike stock had plummeted for a day following the Kaep news.

Now that the stock has hit records levels - now all of the sudden sales are a question.......shocking.

When Tiger fades from the lead again the stock price will fade as well. ;)

When Tiger fades from the lead again the stock price will fade as well. ;)

That could be any moment now. :D

How are sales?

Stock price is up. Online sales are up. We dont have info yet on brick and mortar, so for now you should just claim those are the only numbers that count.

Then when those numbers come in, you can find shift focus and find a consumer poll or opinion article that indicate whats REALLY going on.

I question the stock price. Like I've said earlier, Nike is more than capable of buying back a lot of their own stock. Happens all the time.

The problem with NIKE sales being up is......

eventually you run out of other people's money

• Like 1

I question the stock price. Like I've said earlier, Nike is more than capable of buying back a lot of their own stock. Happens all the time.

Especially these days.

True, very reasonable to question the authenticity.

That being said - when the tax cuts hit, and corporations got surpluses of money - they too started buying back their own stock....in droves in fact... When stocks reflected this, and the market boomed - nobody bothered to question the authenticity then. They were too busy dancing in the streets, celebrating MAGA and the great economy savior...... Now all the sudden some are questioning the stock...

That being said - when the tax cuts hit, and corporations got surpluses of money - they too started buying back their own stock....in droves in fact... When stocks reflected this, and the market boomed - nobody bothered to question the authenticity then. They were too busy dancing in the streets, celebrating MAGA and the great economy savior...... Now all the sudden some are questioning the stock...

Gotta read those 8k and 10k's, helps if you want to predict the demise of a company too, like Lehman...

Just me. Haven't we all learned the stock market is a fixed game ? Yes, you have to be in it, but shenanigans are abound.