Sign in to follow this  
sta

Forte as # 1 overall pick: crazy?

I am seriously considering taking him #1 in my PPR league.....most have him as the number 4 back...is this crazy?

• Like 1

Terrible idea. Except for you asking this question in your thread already about trading down, and another thread debating who the number one pick should be. I will say this again

You are going to get multiple people giving their vote of confidence to charles, mccoy, forte, and maybe even ap. There is no definitive player that is the sure fire top player this year. Imo you cant go wrong with any of the top rbs, so to wonder if its crazy doesnt make sense. Injury will be the only reason one or the top 3 rbs dont end up in the top 5 of their position.

Nope

Not crazy at all.

Ideally, if you could trade down a few spots and get earlier picks in the second round, that would be great. But in most of my leagues I've found it isn't easy to get someone to trade up from 3rd to 1st. Also, you might miss out on him if someone else makes a bold move, and if he's "your guy" then be happy you have him locked up.

He is a solid pick with potential to be the top RB, and he will be long gone by the end of Round 1.

Ever wonder why the ADP list is pretty much the same on nearly every FF website? It's just "group think", the result of no one wanting to stray too far from the general consensus. It's a pretty boring day when everyone drafts strictly according the the cheat sheet from a magazine. Shake it up a bit.

I am seriously considering taking him #1 in my PPR league.....most have him as the number 4 back...is this crazy?

why would it be crazy?

little advice... do your homework and trust yourself to make a decision that you believe is best for your team.

now grow a set and get to it!

Would most of us make that move... probably not. There are questions to his workload this year. But honestly, it will only be crazy in hindsight if he doesn't pan out. Nobody will give you grief for taking a consensus guy, but they will for bucking the trend only to see you fall flat on your face.

Your best bet is to try to trade down if you can.

Not crazy at all. Not a good year to have top pick for fantasy draft, there are at least half a dozen guys you can argue for the 1st overall pick.

• Like 1

Not if your talking 1st overall in the 4th round or later.

I like where your head is at.

the only thing I would try to do if I had the one pick is maybe move down to 4 or 5 and swap spots in the second round. Most other owners would do that and you get a leg up.

I love forte this year. Dude can do it all and it looks like the bears defense isn't going back to what it was.

jdon

Not crazy at all. I think you could legitimately put 4-5 players at #1 this year & have an honest pro's vs con's on all of them.

But WTF do I know? I took TRich in the 1st round last year. :cry:

The thing about Forte is he's safe-- he catches lots of passes, will get a lot of carries along with his shares of TDs. Does he have the upside of a the other guys in that tier? Maybe not. But he's consistent on a weekly basis and and proven. His weekly and/or season bust potential is probably as low as anyone and that's what I've found to translate to a high probability for success, year after year.

Anchor your team with solid consistency in the early rounds and then selectively chase some upside-depth in the following rounds, pairing with a few "boring" back-up picks that will cover your ass--this strategy will win you money more years than not. Of course, you have to hit on (at least one or two of) the right upside guys and not over-reach on the guys shooting up the ranks too far with all the pre-draft hype, which requires some research, good intuition, and luck.

That, and don't even think of taking a QB in the first few rounds.

I can definitely see passing over Peterson in a PPR league. I would pick Charles over Forte but it's close. I don't think it's a bad decision to take Forte.

Forte saved my bacon in multiple leagues where I dropped the ball and took t-rich in the first. That Bears offense is going to be unreal.

I have been thinking this is a real possibility.

Look at Forte's schedule, especially his closing playoff schedule. It's sweet.

Charles gets the NFCW.

McCoy has some nice NFCE games at the end - but he also has Seattle week 13 or so.

really love mccoy at one but after that it's not as clear as i want it to be. originally i thought charles/mccoy or vice versa but now i keep hearing about charles line. honestly any of the top 4 rbs should or can be solid. there are always busts and they are so hard to predict except for the boners who say they called it even though its a no brainer. i say mccoy or charles 1st and let it happen. ap and forte are 29 this year, not a good age for rbs. look at the history of backs at that age and the same milage. alway break down, always (it has to happen but when?).

Thought about taking Forte with the #1 pick as well in my PPR league. After watching the Eagles vs Pittsburgh the other night, I'm concerned over how many touches McCoy will lose to Sproles and the other running back. I know he sprained his thumb and they were being cautionary but will Chip Kelly mix these other two in more to keep the other team defense off balance? The Chiefs new O-line banter is concerning too.

I also thought about trading down to 4 but there's no guarantee that Forte will be there.

Just got him at pick #12 of my work league!

he's a pretty safe bet for top 5. PPR I wouldn't blame you for taking him. I'd put him at 2 or three behind Peterson and possibly McCoy.