Sign in to follow this  
Antiramie

Cooper vs NE

He's the #16 ranked WR on FantasyPros for this week. I don't get it. Aside from his monster week, he's averaging 4 pts/game. 4!!! I'm sure most people might not have better options this week, but does anyone think he's really a high-end WR2 vs NE?

I just scooped up Maclin and think he's the better play. Maybe I'm missing something here...

And playing a Patriots def that's been getting better.

Dede Westbrook will have a better game than Cooper this week. Then again, Westbrook will have 250 yards and 3 scores, so still start Cooper with confidence. Seriously though, this game was made for Cooper to breakout. I really feel Belicheck will focus on taking Crabtree out over Cooper. Also, I'm not buying he hasn't done anything since his big week vs KC. He has gotten significantly more targets in each of the 2 games since the KC game, meaning OAK is clearly trying to get him more involved. Hey, he could put up 40 yards and 0 tds this week, but I think he's more likely for 80 and a score.

How many ff points do you get for Targets?

He still needs to catch them.

How many ff points do you get for Targets?

He still needs to catch them.

I agree, but my point is they are clearly making an effort to get Cooper more involved, which is never a bad thing. Case in point, in the 5 games before his big game he averaged 5.2 targets per game. For the past 3 games he is averaging 12.6 targets per game. More targets = more opportunities = more points. That's all I'm saying.

More targets doesn't always lead to more ff points.

Just look at Cooper lol.

And if Mr Raiders Mick doesn't like him I'm sold.

The only Raider I'd start with confidence in this game is the kicker.

I think thats iffy. I can see Raiders getting down so much they stop using their kicker.

My guess is that the Pat's will have Gilmore shadow him all game long and take their chances with bracket coverage on Crabtree (the more dangerous of the two) with Malcolm Butler and McCourtey over the top.

ICEMAN

More targets doesn't always lead to more ff points.

Just look at Cooper lol.

And if Mr Raiders Mick doesn't like him I'm sold.

Of course more targets don't ALWAYS lead to more fantasy points, but they certainly don't hurt! All I'm saying is he's been getting targeted A LOT the past few games, and the game script vs NE is in his favor. Sure, he COULD put up 30 yards and no TDs, but if he's on you team there's probably not a better opportunity to start him the rest of the way other than maybe the next time he plays KC again.

Depends on your other WRs.

He might be the best play.

He's no better then a wr3, no better.

Of course more targets don't ALWAYS lead to more fantasy points, but they certainly don't hurt! All I'm saying is he's been getting targeted A LOT the past few games, and the game script vs NE is in his favor. Sure, he COULD put up 30 yards and no TDs, but if he's on you team there's probably not a better opportunity to start him the rest of the way other than maybe the next time he plays KC again.

Maybe this sounds backwards, but Im afraid he wont do well against KC next time since they might try and do everything in their power to not let him repeat his previous performance. Maybe Peters shadows him that game I dont know.

I've been toying with starting him in DFS and I got to wondering, hey, if Cooper was looking winded on the back end of some of those 19 tgts he was getting at sea level in wk7 vs KC, how's he going to fare at mile-and-a-half-high Mexico City ?

Maybe not so bad....here are the receiving lines for OAK notables in 2016 wk11's Mexico City game vs HOU:

Cooper 5-4-57-1

Crabtree 7-3-5-0

Roberts 3-1-6-0

Walford 4-2-28-0

fwiw

Teaded and I no longer own him. Carr ain't nothing special and crabs is a possession receiver. Someone else can own all of them.

Definitely drafting Cooper as a 3rd wr next year though.