• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mike FF Today

Mike FF Today

Administrator

• Admin
  • 11,525 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 11:42 AM

Some interesting quotes from McCarthy today. Sounds like a fantasy nightmare as long as all three are healthy.

"We have to take advantage of Ty's skills, and there's no question about that," McCarthy said. "The offense is suited for that."

"As far as the running backs, all those guys can play," McCarthy said. "Ty's had some incredible periods of play for us and just really what we've talked about since the day the season ended: No one has really gone the distance, so that's why we're a running back-by-committee approach, and we like all those guys. But yeah, definitely, Ty can play from the backfield and still has the ability to flex him out and get the matchups we're looking for. We have plenty of that in the offense."

Follow me to the best fantasy draft program in the business.

Like FFToday on Facebook | Follow FFToday on Twitter

#2 redsrback

redsrback

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 02:20 PM

I like Ty towards the end, but someone will snatch him up in the middle rounds.

#3 Brutal Brutus

Brutal Brutus

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:09 PM

Jones was the best true running back, but with Rodgers healthy I think Montgomery will get the most usage. 

#4 Smileseers

Smileseers

FF Geek

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:38 PM

Jones offers much better value later in drafts and IMO is more likely to be on the field weeks 14-16.  

STEELERS

#5 nobody

nobody

FF Geek

• Members
  • 22,221 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:18 PM

They say RBBC, but has Green Bay ever really been RBBC?

Maybe by committee, they mean, we'll run Ty Montgomery into the ground first.  Then Aaron Jones.  Then Jamal Williams.  Then by th time he gets hurt, Hopefully Ty is healthy again.

#6 redsrback

redsrback

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:49 AM

I look at it this way, i dont see anyone startable but Montgomery even with injuries. But if im desparate then maybe i have to go to waivers and pick up an Aaron Jones type. Healthy Montgomery perhaps a bye week filler or a bad defense could make him startable.

#7 Mr Neil

Mr Neil

FF Geek

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:56 AM

Its Jones for multiple reasons. Hes better in passing game, Williams stats were skewed by 2-3 screen passes he took for long gains. Jones is more dynamic runner and way better in space. Aaron Rodgers loves Jones which is the biggest bump to Jones. Heres your proof hes the back to own.
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=eZiXCHiAc5I