Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Zurlon Tipton dies of gunshot

Gun inside a duffle bag that he was handling apparently went off accidently.

Only 26, but squeezed a lot of life into those 26 years. Very few athletes, even exceptional players, ever see the field in a NFL game. He did. RIP.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-colts-rb-tipton-dies-accidental-shooting-213101259--spt.html?ref=gs

Sad story. People have to be smarter about gun safety. It's far too common nowadays.

Not owning a gun is being smart about gun safety.

Not owning a gun is being smart about gun safety.

True for some, it's also possible to own them without carrying them around loaded in a duffle bag. A smart middle ground is rarely a fun talking point though.

Owning a gun is not the problem , keeping it loaded in the trunk of your car is .

• Like 1

I don't even go shooting with my buddies in the desert anymore. Obviously there's some responsible drinking involved, but there's always a risk of an accident.

Even if they're smart about it I've lost my interest.

I am sorry for his friends and family's loss in a future without a loved one.

you can't kill a soul

If he knew the Lord he is in a much better place .

But if he didn't .

Unfortunately there are people like this case where he has no business owning a gun. A loaded gun just sitting around opens the door for something to go wrong. Lets not blame guns for his shortcomings.

Unfortunately there are people like this case where he has no business owning a gun. A loaded gun just sitting around opens the door for something to go wrong. Lets not blame guns for his shortcomings.

100% agree with you .

It's very sad that the man died and I pray for his family and friends .

Unfortunately there are people like this case where he has no business owning a gun. A loaded Any gun just sitting around opens the door for something to go wrong. Lets not blame guns for his shortcomings.

fixored

Gun safety is an oxymoron. In our gun-crazed culture, this is par for the course along with mass shootings, police shootings, etc. When everyone has a "right" to a gun this is the expected result, not an exceptional tragedy. Just accept it. You can't have it both ways.

fixored

Gun safety is an oxymoron. In our gun-crazed culture, this is par for the course along with mass shootings, police shootings, etc. When everyone has a "right" to a gun this is the expected result, not an exceptional tragedy. Just accept it. You can't have it both ways.

Everyone has the right to protect themselves .

I have no problem with someone owning a gun , I do have a problem with how they use them .

What is an exceptional tragedy to you ?

What is an exceptional tragedy to you ?

Something that's not expected. In a society where guns are so prevalent, gun violence is expected - it's the rule rather than the exception. Even if it's not an intentional act, people become complacent, make mistakes, tempers flare.....

Something that's not expected. In a society where guns are so prevalent, gun violence is expected - it's the rule rather than the exception. Even if it's not an intentional act, people become complacent, make mistakes, tempers flare.....

I don't wake up and expect any gun violence anywhere near me , do you?

So if I t did happen it would be a surprise and worth of a tragedy no matter where and when it happens or to whom it happens to .

If he knew the Lord he is in a much better place .

But if he didn't .

Since this was a response to my comments, I shall respond.

Giant God rules INFINITY vs itty bitty devil giving us a duality on this pebble of a planet.

Great Big Heaven, God welcomes ALL of His creations.

NO ifs

Fear is a bluff. Behind a bluff is a lie. Religion, Bible, Disciple, evil, life, evolution and many other words contain the word lie for a reason.

Hope your paws grow out someday.

• Like 1

I don't wake up and expect any gun violence anywhere near me , do you?

So if I t did happen it would be a surprise and worth of a tragedy no matter where and when it happens or to whom it happens to .

Well, you must be living in a bubble if you don't expect it. Guns are everywhere - it should come as no surprise that they are being used (intentionally or unintentionally).

Well, you must be living in a bubble if you don't expect it. Guns are everywhere - it should come as no surprise that they are being used (intentionally or unintentionally).

There is no surprise that they are being used , they have been since the first gun .

I don't drive to work or go outside or go to church or shopping or what ever I do and think about could this be the day I get shot .

Nope I don't expect it to happen . But if it did it's all good I'm a believer and live by faith .

Since this was a response to my comments, I shall respond.

Giant God rules INFINITY vs itty bitty devil giving us a duality on this pebble of a planet.

Great Big Heaven, God welcomes ALL of His creations.

NO ifs

Fear is a bluff. Behind a bluff is a lie. Religion, Bible, Disciple, evil, life, evolution and many other words contain the word lie for a reason.

Hope your paws grow out someday.

So does Sm I L e seers contain the word lie , is there a reason ?

I'm a believer and live by my Faith .

So does Sm I L e seers contain the word lie , is there a reason ?

I'm a believer and live by my Faith .

Excellent question. A smile may be truthful or not. I shall always give the truth as I comprehend it.

Believer contains the word lie, so does live, and life.

We are not so different little paw. We both know that the soul/spirit lives beyond this visit to earth.

Your belief that the bad people on earth that do not know and accept Jesus as the Lord is where our opinions disagree.

Excellent question. A smile may be truthful or not. I shall always give the truth as I comprehend it.

Believer contains the word lie, so does live, and life.

We are not so different little paw. We both know that the soul/spirit lives beyond this visit to earth.

Your belief that the bad people on earth that do not know and accept Jesus as the Lord is where our opinions disagree.

No that's where you disagree with what's written in the Bible . Your problem is with Gods word not with my Faith .

And I disagree we are very different .

This thread is getting weird. Well weird for this side of the bored. I suggest we move back to the almighty foozball.

Again with the dogma little paws. And I dig on what you said smileseers, even if yer name contains lie...

Again with the dogma little paws. And I dig on what you said smileseers, even if yer name contains lie...

Sorry .

This thread is getting weird. Well weird for this side of the bored. I suggest we move back to the almighty foozball.

Agree sorry

Everyone has the right to protect themselves .

No that's where you disagree with what's written in the Bible . Your problem is with Gods word not with my Faith .

I guess it's okay to just ignore that turn the other cheek stuff.........

Luke 6:29. This deals with matters of personal retaliation , not to trade insult for insult .

As nothing to do with protecting yourself .