Sign in to follow this  
bfros

David Johnson trade value

It all depends on the owner, DJ Owner told me unless Zeke or Julio was in the offer don't bother. A Gordon or Brieda would be rejected immediately, but all you need is a spooked owner

It all depends on the owner, DJ Owner told me unless Zeke or Julio was in the offer don't bother. A Gordon or Brieda would be rejected immediately, but all you need is a spooked owner

You'll find a spooked owner more often than not and for good reason. This isn't a question of DJ's talent. It's a question of his entire team and coaching staff. We've seen many times talented RBs have mediocre seasons bc of their surrounding situation. This is no different. DJ has looked completely useless as a result of not only the rest of the offense, but the defense, and the coaching staff. Sure the staff promised to run DJ out of the slot, but I frankly don't see that helping anything. That offense is a total dumpster fire. And for people who invested a high pick in DJ the clock is ticking to get something of value in return. Another week and it's going to get ugly.

I cut bait for Josh Gordon/Hyde/Crowder.

I'll take my chances on Gordon booming more than I will DJ at this point, and Hyde is a fine fill in.

Do I think DJ might return some decent games? Of course. But we can seriously forget the 2000 overall yardage dream and put that to bed for 2018. He's shaping us as an occasional RB1 with a low floor (such as last week, and if not for plodding for a 2 yard TD in week 1, it would have been 2 weeks of that). A floor that is dependent on game script, his usage, his QB and his defense. Nothing I feel comfortable banking on here.

Gordon is a great buy right now IMO. And DJ is a great sell. I dont like your end of that at all.

You have this reversed. Completely.

You have this reversed. Completely.

Exactly.

No wonder some people lose money in the stock market.

Sent this trade. I give C Hogan, R Freeman and A Morris. He gives me D Johnson, C Ridley.

I already have Gurley, D Cook, CMC and Conner. Johnson is backup. I think Johnson can still be a good RB2.

I don't understand why anyone would be willing to sell a top five pick, after just two weeks for pennies on the dollar...

• Like 2

I would like to trade Barkley for him plus something else, but I can't find the right value combo. His other players are either really good or really bad.

I'm so torn on this subject! I'm never one to bail early on a top 5 pick but I just can't help but feel this offense is going nowhere fast. Problem is the longer you sit on this situation the worse your potential return is going to be on him if the ship doesn't right fast (which I don't think it will). If I could get another RB that has underachieved through 2 weeks like a Dalvin Cook or a RB with some injury issues with high upside like Fournette I'd be really tempted to move DJ!

If you could get a Fournette or even a Cook, then yeah nothing wrong with that, but for some middling players who had a decent week but were drafted rounds later that I wouldn't do and don't understand why anyone would.

So the Bell owner who's team is sinking fast offered me Bell for David Johnson, I own Connor. Is this a no brainer to lock up the Pittsburgh backfield for the entire year at the expense of giving up DJ?

So the Bell owner who's team is sinking fast offered me Bell for David Johnson, I own Connor. Is this a no brainer to lock up the Pittsburgh backfield for the entire year at the expense of giving up DJ?

:lol:

I would make him throw in something else that will help you. No one one knows if or when Bell is coming back. You could be giving DJ away for literally nothing.

I sent an offer out to receive DJ for Hogan and Sony Michel

Haven't heard back yet.

If I got a shat offer like that I wouldn't respond either.

• Like 1

The DJ owner in my league is in trouble at both RB and WR. I'm offering Chris Thompson, Corey Davis and Theo Riddick for DJ and his second kicker. I already have Zeke and Jordan Howard so losing Thompson shouldn't hurt too much.

(Why does he have two kickers? No friggin clue. Plus it's Buffalo's kicker of all people. This owner is usually pretty sharp but he had one too many 40s at the draft and his team is paying for it. :cheers: :nono:)

I drafted David Johnson with my #2 overall pick. Yesterday, I traded DJ straight up for Dalvin Cook (injured). I also picked up L.Murray off wavers as handcuff. Today, the air is fresher. Food tastes better. By the way, you all look wonderful!

• Like 3

I drafted David Johnson with my #2 overall pick. Yesterday, I traded DJ straight up for Dalvin Cook (injured). I also picked up L.Murray off wavers as handcuff. Today, the air is fresher. Food tastes better. By the way, you all look wonderful!

How was Murray on the waivers?

Owner offered me DJ for my Breida. I am having a hard time hitting the YES button on that one. Am I crazy? Or do I mistrust DJ and that lousy OL, coach, and OC that much? Not to mention my eager anticipation to see Breida get a bigger piece of the pie.

Owner offered me DJ for my Breida. I am having a hard time hitting the YES button on that one. Am I crazy? Or do I mistrust DJ and that lousy OL, coach, and OC that much? Not to mention my eager anticipation to see Breida get a bigger piece of the pie.

Kinda sounds like you are debating offering Breida for Johnson

Kinda sounds like you are debating offering Breida for Johnson

I’m confused nuts.....he offered me DJ

I really don’t want to lose my Breida.....

DJs horrible team plus horrible schedule loom large....

Im confused nuts.....he offered me DJ

I really dont want to lose my Breida.....

OK then don't make the trade. Wow...

I’m confused nuts.....he offered me DJ

I really don’t want to lose my Breida.....

I would take DJ over Brieda in a heartbeat. I'd take DJ in a bird's heartbeat. I'd take DJ in the beat of the rhythm of the night.

Ari won't just let things stay like this. They may keep losing, but someone on the team will figure out DJ is better than Bradford and decide to live and die by their best player, not their worst.

I'd take DJ in the beat of the rhythm of the night.

Dance until the morning light...forget about the worries on your mind...we can leave it all behind!

:banana:

what's the feeling on giving up James Conner/John Brown for DJ/Golden Tate? I need WR help with Baldwin hurt and Edelman still suspended.

what's the feeling on giving up James Conner/John Brown for DJ/Golden Tate? I need WR help with Baldwin hurt and Edelman still suspended.

I don't know that Tate is enough of an upgrade for that risk. Brown looks like he and Flacco are clicking okay. And with the way Bell is going, I think Connor is this year's Hunt. Hard to tell with the Tate/Brown comparison through only 2 games, though. PPR? Tate gets an upgrade if so.

I don't know that Tate is enough of an upgrade for that risk. Brown looks like he and Flacco are clicking okay. And with the way Bell is going, I think Connor is this year's Hunt. Hard to tell with the Tate/Brown comparison through only 2 games, though. PPR? Tate gets an upgrade if so.

I have Barkley, McCaffrey, Mixon, Connor and Aaron Jones. Worried that Bell will come back and at this point Connor is house money. But hurting a bit starting Emmanual Sanders and John Brown at WR with Baldwin hurt. I'd like to get something closer to a WR1 to shore up that position a bit, or at least a solid WR2.

If it were me I would do it for sure. Bell will be back in the second half of the year and I don't know what connor's worth will be at that time. And I like Tate a lot in PPRs.

And don't forget, DJ is still DJ. I don't think he gets held down all year. He scored 17 points in week 1. So 1 bad game. Tough schedule it seems, but I heard they are trying to get DJ more involved by putting him in the slot at times. We will see... Good luck either way.

If it were me I would do it for sure. Bell will be back in the second half of the year and I don't know what connor's worth will be at that time. And I like Tate a lot in PPRs.

And don't forget, DJ is still DJ. I don't think he gets held down all year. He scored 17 points in week 1. So 1 bad game. Tough schedule it seems, but I heard they are trying to get DJ more involved by putting him in the slot at times. We will see... Good luck either way.

I don't think the DJ owner will go for it. But it's the most logical offer I could think of around DJ and buying low if I could.

Well heres the offer I got, 12 team ppr

I give DJ and Adams, get M. Thomas, Luck, (edit forgot to put Luck originally)

My current wr start 2

D Adams

Agholor

Tate

J Brown

Godwin

Goodwin

Rb start 2

DJ

Mixon

Breida

Sony

Lindsey

Powell

Qb is rivers no back up

Thoughts? I might be willing to put all my eggs in the Breida/Mixon/Sony basket and I feel I have enough #2 receivers where losing Adams wont hurt

Well heres the offer I got, 12 team ppr

I give DJ and Adams, get M. Thomas

My current wr start 2

D Adams

Agholor

Tate

J Brown

Godwin

Goodwin

Rb start 2

DJ

Mixon

Breida

Sony

Lindsey

Powell

Qb is rivers no back up

Thoughts? I might be willing to put all my eggs in the Breida/Mixon/Sony basket and I feel I have enough #2 receivers where losing Adams wont hurt

For me that's a flat no. The Adams and Thomas are pretty even. Yes, I'd rather have Thomas, but not at the expense of giving DJ

For me that's a flat no. The Adams and Thomas are pretty even. Yes, I'd rather have Thomas, but not at the expense of giving DJ

Aaron Rodgers knee plays a big factor in this too. The cards are a mess, I think DJs peak production will be average of 14-18 pts on good weeks with a couple 20+ in there maybe but not probably but I just cant see the monster games this year, not his fault just a product of terrible coaching/personnel around him. Its a gamble for sure but I think Breida is gearing up to take off and Sony and Mixon will be rock solid

Thats crazy, no way would I ever trade DJ for Breida and an offer like that wouldnt get any counters from me.

Tyrod sucks. Ive tried to explain the bills/playoff/tyrod dynamic here.

Nice guy. Over "ok" qb. But he is not a good passer and never will be.

Tyrod sucks. Ive tried to explain the bills/playoff/tyrod dynamic here.

Nice guy. Over "ok" qb. But he is not a good passer and never will be.

He only passes when guys are open, doesn’t pass them open. No anticipation.

Exactly.

No wonder some people lose money in the stock market.

Smart people know when a stock is gonna bomb and know when to bail, lose a little cheddar instead of a lot of cheddar.

This looks an awful lot like the Gurley situation 2016. Having suffered through that experience has taught me not keep trying to catch a falling knife. I've managed to cobble together some options at RB and I sent a tentative offer of DJ for Ertz. No dice.