Sign in to follow this  
Cdub100

Is the media using the Florida shooting to drive an agenda

3rd safest in the world if you remove a certain population that most of the developed world doesn't have to deal with at the same density the US does.

Exactly. Its a sad fact but a fact nonetheless. Now obviously that void would be filled in some, but things would be drastically better on almost every front. I really wish it wasnt that way, but people in hell wish they had ice water, so...

3rd safest in the world if you remove a certain population that most of the developed world doesn't have to deal with at the same density the US does.

And you have come up with this number how?

Dude, you can't summarily exclude gun owners from our violence statistics :wacko: . And our gun homicide rate is ~25 times that of other high income countries, so it's doubtful removing that "certain population" would make us 3rd safest in any event.

You know what does make people safer? Not owning any firearms.

This CNN round table is laughable.

Bunch of terrorists in the making.

The kids are too stupid to know they are just pawns in CNN's propaganda game.

And libs are too stupid to see they are being played.

The difference between these emotional lunatics and the adult conversation that took place at the White House today is night and day.

This Sheriff Israel is a disgrace to LEO. He should be in prison for allowing this attack to happen.

And you have come up with this number how?

I'm guessing it involves some sh!tty math and a fringe website or two.

This article refers to some of the issues involving race and gun violence, mentioning a meme which sounds similar to Cdubs' claim: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2017/jan/09/special-report-fixing-gun-violence-in-america

Dude, you can't summarily exclude gun owners from our violence statistics :wacko: . And our gun homicide rate is ~25 times that of other high income countries, so it's doubtful removing that "certain population" would make us 3rd safest in any event.

The state of Minnesota disagrees with you.

Gun ownership is at all time highs, violent crime is at all time lows.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2018/02/15/reality-check-gun-permit-background-checks/

This CNN round table is laughable.

Bunch of terrorists in the making.

The kids are too stupid to know they are just pawns in CNN's propaganda game.

And libs are too stupid to see they are being played.

The difference between these emotional lunatics and the adult conversation that took place at the White House today is night and day.

This Sheriff Israel is a disgrace to LEO. He should be in prison for allowing this attack to happen.

Shut up troll...your attacks on these kids (that are far more well spoken than you) are pathetic.

Tell that to the millions murdered when tyrants disarmed their population.

The state of Minnesota disagrees with you.

Gun ownership is at all time highs, violent crime is at all time lows.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2018/02/15/reality-check-gun-permit-background-checks/

We've been through this. Why don't you look at every state (or country for that matter), and excluding outliers, see if any pattern exists?

Spoiler alert! The research has been done, and Minnesota ain't the norm.

Shut up troll...your attacks on these kids (that are far more well spoken than you) are pathetic.

Those kids are an embarassement to themselves and the memories of their dead classmates.

Screaming and pointing fingers wherever their handlers tell them to point is not going to solve any problems.

No surprise that you fall for this manipulation though.

We've been through this. Why don't you look at every state (or country for that matter), and excluding outliers, see if any pattern exists?

Is that a dog whistle?

Racist mfr.

Hes trolling. He thinks this was all some ruse by the left time distract from Rasmussens favor ability ratings. And other ridiculous conspiracy bs.

Those kids are an embarassement to themselves and the memories of their dead classmates.

Screaming and pointing fingers wherever their handlers tell them to point is not going to solve any problems.

You are pathetic...go away troll.

Tell that to the millions murdered when tyrants disarmed their population.

What is the likelihood of tyranny versus a gun owner being shot in the US? Also, good luck stopping our military if it turns on the populace.

You are pathetic...go away troll.

There is no doubt...you're the troll and the liberal cuck. That's not even debatable.

How about you go away permanently to your Snowflake board and stay there?

• Like 1

What is the likelihood of tyranny versus a gun owner being shot in the US? Also, good luck stopping our military if it turns on the populace.

It would be dreadful to live under a genocidal tyranny like Britain, France, Japan, or you know, damn near every other country in the world.

Did you know in Indonesia it is illegal to own a machete? They must have some crazy death camps over there.

There is no doubt...you're the troll and the liberal cuck. That's not even debatable.

How about you go away permanently to your Snowflake board and stay there?

:lol:

Military members all know that they are under no obligation to follow illegal orders. Dang near 100% of them would have serious issues with attacking US civilians.

Military members all know that they are under no obligation to follow illegal orders. Dang near 100% of them would have serious issues with attacking US civilians.

Yep. But the gun folks like to run around and play red dawn and pretend they are defending liberty or some such.

I have people ask me about the gun thing a lot, living over here. Not just Chinese, but all the Europeans and Canadians too.

I repeat some of the arguments the pro gun crowd gives. They are completely perplexed. Hell, the other day, my fiancée was asking why we dont just ban guns like everyone else. I showed her the school shooting thread here.

She was like, damn, thats crazy!

Yep. Welcome to America. Youll see when we go.

Its impossible to explain the gun culture to someone whos never seen it. Just a picture of a gun store blows most foreigners minds.

Yep. But the gun folks like to run around and play red dawn and pretend they are defending liberty or some such.

I have people ask me about the gun thing a lot, living over here. Not just Chinese, but all the Europeans and Canadians too.

I repeat some of the arguments the pro gun crowd gives. They are completely perplexed. Hell, the other day, my fiancée was asking why we dont just ban guns like everyone else. I showed her the school shooting thread here.

Its impossible to explain the gun culture to someone whos never seen it. Just a picture of a gun store blows most foreigners minds.

The first, second, and fourth amendments (heck the entire Bill of Rights) will blow most foreigners' minds.

Be sure to tell the history behind it. If anyone on this board can relay the story as well as I can, it'd be you.

To gain independence from Britain, the people of the US had to have guns to fight against the British Army in the American Revolution. Guns were integral.

The US government that was formed by the participants of that insurrection knew the importance of gun rights and gun access to their cause. They trusted the everyday people of the country themselves more than the government they were forming to protect the rights of the citizens. They made it nearly impossible in the founding documents for the government to change gun laws and so the US Constitution protects the rights of the people to own guns.

Then there was hunting and bear or Indian attacks on the frontier and they needed guns for that too. Other countries don't have that same history as the US does.

• Like 1

The first, second, and fourth amendments (heck the entire Bill of Rights) will blow most foreigners' minds.

Wrong. The first and fourth protections are common features through the first world.

See, most countries modeled their constitutions off of either ours or the British. Most of them wisely decided to scrap the second though, since it makes no sense in a post frontier society.

Wrong. The first and fourth protections are common features through the first world.

See, most countries modeled their constitutions off of either ours or the British. Most of them wisely decided to scrap the second though, since it makes no sense in a post frontier society.

I wouldn't call that wise at all. :shrug:

In fact, you could say that's downright stupid.

It would be dreadful to live under a genocidal tyranny like Britain, France, Japan, or you know, damn near every other country in the world.

Did you know in Indonesia it is illegal to own a machete? They must have some crazy death camps over there.

Yeah, it ain't gonna happen. Meanwhile, a gun-owner is 22 times more likely to use that firearm in a criminal assault, accidental death or injury, suicide attempt or homicide than for self-defense. Pro-gun arguments are beyond delusional.

Nah, we'd rather align our laws with Bolivia, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Honduras, Liberia, Mexico and Nicaragua. Clearly a constitutional right to bear arms is a recipe for success.

I wouldn't call that wise at all. :shrug:

In fact, you could say that's downright stupid.

Yeah, whats a few thousand needless deaths a year? At least I have a bunch of wannabe rambo delusional psychos standing between me and the death camp. :rollseyes:

• Like 1

ShoNuff 100% correct, Mensa said twitter + picture = No Bueno

I said I saw something posted on Twitter. It's not easy to find something you sawmuch earlier.

Nah, we'd rather align our laws with Bolivia, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Honduras, Liberia, Mexico and Nicaragua. Clearly a constitutional right to bear arms is a recipe for success.

It would have been for Jews in 1938 Germany.

Having those guns confiscated cost millions their lives in Germany. This isn't arguable.

Yeah, it ain't gonna happen. Meanwhile, a gun-owner is 22 times more likely to use that firearm in a criminal assault, accidental death or injury, suicide attempt or homicide than for self-defense. Pro-gun arguments are beyond delusional.

Actually, .0001 percent of guns in this country are used in commission of a crime. Anti-gun arguments are beyond delusional.

I think staunch pro 2A proponents need to prepare themselves for a bit of a set back this time. It feels different.

It would have been for Jews in 1938 Germany.

Having those guns confiscated cost millions their lives in Germany. This isn't arguable.

Yeah. The German Wehrmacht handed the supposed strongest army of the day, the French, its ass in less than a month. Drove the brits off the beach at Dunkirk. Smashed the polish army with ease, and pushed the red army right to the gates of Moscow.

But youre right, Im sure a few Jewish shopkeepers with deer rifles could have handled them. They didnt during the Warsaw uprisings later, but Im sure it would have happened.

Actually, .0001 percent of guns in this country are used in commission of a crime. Anti-gun arguments are beyond delusional.

Sure. Most gun nuts own how many? The cops and military account for how many?

My brother probably has 50. If he ever committed a massacre with one, the percentage of his guns that were never used in a crime is pretty good.

The risk:benefit analysis doesn't support owning a gun. Even when such a small percentage are used in criminal activity.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/02/22/shooting_survivor_colton_haab_cnn_gave_me_scripted_question_after_denying_question_about_armed_guards.html

Well, well, well. CNN caught giving scripted questions to Florida hero/shooting survivor.

Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School student Colton Haab said he was approached by CNN to ask a question at Wednesday night's town hall but decided not to after the network gave him a "scripted question," quashing one he wrote himself. Haab, a member of the Junior ROTC shielded students while the school was under attack from the shooter, said he was going to ask about using veterans as armed security guards.
"CNN had originally asked me to write a speech and questions and it ended up being all scripted," Haab told WPLG-TV.
"Colton wrote questions about school safety, suggested using veterans as armed school security guards but claims CNN wanted him to ask a scripted question instead so he decided not to go," Stanwood reported.
"CNN had originally asked me to write a speech and questions and it ended up being all scripted," Haab said. "I don't think that it's going get anything accomplished. It's not gonna ask the true questions that all the parents and teachers and students have."

Once again, Sen Rock correct, useful idiots btfo.

muh inspiring teenagers are going to save the country

muh this outrage is organic

muh never let a tragedy go to waste

muh time to go back to Trump is a racist

Are you claiming that children should remain 100% rational and clear minded after such an intense trauma? That's the looniest part of what you speak.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/02/22/shooting_survivor_colton_haab_cnn_gave_me_scripted_question_after_denying_question_about_armed_guards.html

Well, well, well. CNN caught giving scripted questions to Florida hero/shooting survivor.

Once again, Sen Rock correct, useful idiots btfo.

muh inspiring teenagers are going to save the country

muh this outrage is organic

muh never let a tragedy go to waste

muh time to go back to Trump is a racist

Just saw that; good call Rock.

Not the first time CNN provided questions to someone...........who was the other one? :rolleyes: