Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Todd Haley out in Pittsburgh

Rumors he didn't get along with Big Ben other members of the coaching staff. QB coach Randy Fichtner could be promoted to OC.

Too bad he could only coach them to 42 points against a great defensive team in the playoffs.

This team could remake the old soap opera "Dallas" in current day. This is not what Pitt should be about.

Who shot 'T.H.'?

Does this mean Ben is playing next year? if he's retiring, what would this matter?

Rumors he didn't get along with Big Ben other members of the coaching staff. QB coach Randy Fichtner could be promoted to OC.

Does this mean Ben is playing next year? if he's retiring, what would this matter?

I thought he said he is not retiring.

Too bad he could only coach them to 42 points against a great defensive team in the playoffs.

This team could remake the old soap opera "Dallas" in current day. This is not what Pitt should be about.

Who shot 'T.H.'?

Great post.

This is so true.

Way too much talent on this team for them too keep coming up short.

Romans 13:1.

Great post.

This is so true.

Way too much talent on this team for them too keep coming up short.

Romans 13:1.

Tomlin and his game management deficiencies and letting team members run amok is what keeps this team grounded. I would love to see Butler go too.

Disappointed. Would have rather seen Tomlin go that Haley, but when a QB is paid like Ben, he gets to call a lot of shots. I think Shitner can be good, but so unproven.

I'd like to see Ben retire soon as I think he cost us some games, but that would be a total restart as there is no one startable behind him. Hope they can get a good developmental QB in this draft. Then need a plan.

I would agree, the Steelers need too take a look at a QB

Too much smoke, I think those rumors are true.

You know in today's world, it's harsh too treat a man like a man lol.

I think it's a lot of deva talk.

I do think he's harsh and strong with his actions, but he's not the problem.

They seemed too have had no problem scoring 42 points vs a very good def.

But I think it was the Steelers def that was too blame, and some questionable head coaching decisions.

Too much smoke, I think those rumors are true.

You know in today's world, it's harsh too treat a man like a man lol.

I think it's a lot of deva talk.

I do think he's harsh and strong with his actions, but he's not the problem.

They seemed too have had no problem scoring 42 points vs a very good def.

But I think it was the Steelers def that was too blame, and some questionable head coaching decisions.

As a Titans fan, I would be ok with bringing in Vrabel, Haley, and a very technical QB coach. Mariota has slipped in his basic fundamentals and needs a fresh start.

If memory serves me - I think Haley has an ego. That is why ARI let him go, and he went back to PIT as the OC.

Probably similar to what happened to DAL in the 1990s, with Jones and Johnson..

I think it was KC

Haley not getting along with people has to be a given at this point. how many people his age and stature are getting into scuffles at a bar?

he was not the "in game" reason for the loss to the jaguars, but surely he's got issues and i am not surprised they let him go

• Like 1

Not surprised either, someone had too be the one too take the blame.

To much talent, over rated coaching staff.

If memory serves me - I think Haley has an ego. That is why ARI let him go, and he went back to PIT as the OC.

Probably similar to what happened to DAL in the 1990s, with Jones and Johnson..

He does. He flopped big in KC because of it. It was good to bee Ben throw him under the bus with the 'I'm no ta allowed to audible'.

Haley was the main reason why Ben said that he thought about retirement last year. He wanted Haley gone last year. Now Big Ben says he'd like to play three more years. Coincidence...I think not.

One thing is for certain, those who thought Ben would have a poor season and retire were very wrong.

I was truly wrong about his season, he outperformed what I thought he would do.

I thought he was going too be a quitter.

I think Haley is a easy target and he's the one taken the bullet for the team.

Ben is coming back for atleast another season, of disappoiment.

But I would agree I was one of them that thought he wouldn't be a top ten QB and he was.

Ephesians 6:13&19

Ben was deeply down for the early chunk of the season. He was missing throws all over the place.

Haley was fighting against the whole culture of this team (loose almost to a fault but passionate). He was bound to lose out at some point. And he has forever had a profile as being a pretty big jerk. I buy it. I could imagine he was losing his mind in Pittsburgh anyway. So now he gets to go elsewhere while still carrying the mystique of being a guy who can get points out of players when he isnt pissing them off.

Ben was deeply down for the early chunk of the season. He was missing throws all over the place.

Haley was fighting against the whole culture of this team (loose almost to a fault but passionate). He was bound to lose out at some point. And he has forever had a profile as being a pretty big jerk. I buy it. I could imagine he was losing his mind in Pittsburgh anyway. So now he gets to go elsewhere while still carrying the mystique of being a guy who can get points out of players when he isnt pissing them off.

Haley has fought against the whole culture of every team he has coached except the Patriots where he was under Bill B, who knows how to be a graceful jerk. Haley has lost out at every point since then. His first big collision with a player that I know of is Anquan Boldin in AZ. Fitz and Boldin would of likely gone down as one of the best WR team combo's ever if not for Haley.

I will always wonder what the Steelers would of accomplished had Bruce Arians been given the head coaching job over Tomlin???.

Haley has fought against the whole culture of every team he has coached except the Patriots where he was under Bill B, who knows how to be a graceful jerk. Haley has lost out at every point since then. His first big collision with a player that I know of is Anquan Boldin in AZ. Fitz and Boldin would of likely gone down as one of the best WR team combo's ever if not for Haley.

I will always wonder what the Steelers would of accomplished had Bruce Arians been given the head coaching job over Tomlin???.

Everyone gives Rothlisberger too much credit. He needed Haley this year.

Wow or would be great too see him end up with the Browns and then beat the Steelers next season.

Isaiah 53:5.

Looks like it's going to happen, he will be will be with the Browns.

Proverbs 23:12

Exodus 15:2&18.

there are some great places to get into a barroom brawl in Cleveland!

:doublethumbsup:

Wow or would be great too see him end up with the Browns and then beat the Steelers next season.

Isaiah 53:5.

there are some great places to get into a barroom brawl in Cleveland!

:doublethumbsup:

I've never been to Cleveland, so Im sure it's like every city, they all have their bad areas.

The chiefsification of the Browns continues. Expect them to trade for Alex Smith and sign Tamba Hali and derrick Johnson and beat us in the playoffs :(

Just giving KC too much credit.

Everyone gives Rothlisberger too much credit. He needed Haley this year.

Well Ben did manage to win two Super Bowls without Haley.

• Like 1

Did you watch that Super Bowl vs the Seahawks, Ben really had nothing too do with that win.

Let's call it like it is, one.

Hebrews 9:11.

Did you watch that Super Bowl vs the Seahawks, Ben really had nothing too do with that win.

Let's call it like it is, one.

Hebrews 9:11.

M0ther F0cker.

Back to therapy I go.

Its like I've been clean and sober for years now, and boom! You gave me a bottle on the house.

Do you really believe that though? Seems fishy that a guy who's been there for 6 years, the last 4 of which he coached the team to have a top 10 offense, all of a sudden isn't getting along with his QB and the staff. Unless... maybe Haley thinks he's the reason for the offense, not the players? I don't know. Odd.

M0ther F0cker.

Back to therapy I go.

Its like I've been clean and sober for years now, and boom! You gave me a bottle on the house.

1. Sorry.

2. I don't think the news about Ben and Haley not getting along just came along.

It's been talked about for many seasons now, I'm sure there is some truth too it, but he's not the reason why a team full of that much talent as been underachieving over the years.

1. Sorry.

2. I don't think the news about Ben and Haley not getting along just came along.

It's been talked about for many seasons now, I'm sure there is some truth too it, but he's not the reason why a team full of that much talent as been underachieving over the years.

I don't give a flying f0ck about dysfunctional Steelers. My Seahawks were robbed of a chance to be competitive in that game from the league that wanted Bettis to get his feel good moment.

Oh crap. Here I go.

I don't give a flying f0ck about dysfunctional Steelers. My Seahawks were robbed of a chance to be competitive in that game from the league that wanted Bettis to get his feel good moment.

Oh crap. Here I go.

Robbed... Oh my.

Do you really believe that though? Seems fishy that a guy who's been there for 6 years, the last 4 of which he coached the team to have a top 10 offense, all of a sudden isn't getting along with his QB and the staff. Unless... maybe Haley thinks he's the reason for the offense, not the players? I don't know. Odd.

This conflict was rumored since year 1. This was not all of the sudden

Robbed... Oh my.

You don't think the officiating in that game kept it from being competitive?

No. And just about every fan from every losing team in every playoff matchup complains about officiating. Noone was in on a Bettis feel good moment.

Yes, and I think it indeed cost the team that played the best the game.

It was so one sided.

That was the worst case in a big game in any sport I've ever ever have seen.