Sign in to follow this  
titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

FFToday Chess Tournament

Damn Naomi, make some fukking moves without Daddy. Your games are taking too long. We can't all wait for your trips home for Thanksgiving and Christmas for you to get advice.

First, we need an :fu: emoticon here (although that was kind of funny <_< ).

Second, sorry for being slow guys. RP- It wasn't related to my dad, and I think yesterday is one of two days I didn't move since we started.

Thanks for the games geeks :cheers:

So I am playing a coworker on Chess w/ Friends and we're both not that good but closely matched. We each had a win then we played to three consecutive draws. Then he beat me in a long drawn out match.

My revenge came a little while ago. I checkmated him in 5 moves. He never saw it coming. :pointstosky:

Bragging rights :first:

although we are still tied in wins :bench:

Um, did Naomi bail on all the games? She quit the game we were in the middle of, and also the game we had left to start. :dunno:

Yeah, she withdrew from the tourney because you're being a d!ck.

HTH

Um, did Naomi bail on all the games? She quit the game we were in the middle of, and also the game we had left to start. :dunno:

Her and her dad were owned by me.

:music_guitarred:

Her and her dad were owned by me.

She was about 2 moves away from being mated (no pun intended) in our game as well.

But, according to Titans, it was my post here that made her quit. :rolleyes:

She was about 2 moves away from being mated (no pun intended) in our game as well.

But, according to Titans, it was my post here that made her quit. :rolleyes:

IAMWood and I were on a fresh game. I resigned games I had the upper and lower hand in because the tourney was mostly complete, with most done with their second game and me with a few of the first games still going on. My pace was insufferable. Your comment didn't make me quit.

Pride wise, if time didn't matter, I would rather lose while actually playing anyway.

FTR Wood, you just owned me.

I

If you have chess with friends - challenge me - I am not good at all but enjoy the game. isles2112

gobbledog is unbeatable. Has anybody taken a game off of him yet? I don't want to play him anymore - he's half pro

gobbledog is unbeatable. Has anybody taken a game off of him yet? I don't want to play him anymore - he's half pro

it's crazy how controlled some people are of the game. I can beat all my friends, but I get owned by the upper tier like I was nothing.

:nono:

I'm really not that good. I have no natural ability and work for every win. I betcha I won a lot of the tourney games simply because I spent 5-10+ minutes studying each move, while everyone else probably spent about 1.

I also wonder how many of yall used the "Analysis Board" during the tourney (on top-right side of screen).? Before I made that last move against jocstrap (checking king with bishop), I spent a lot of time on the Analysis board running through "I go here, he goes there, then i go here, he goes there..." scenarios. I have to do that because I can't keep track of the pieces in my mind - like players with natural ability can.

Put me on the clock and my real chess prowess becomes obvious. My current "Live Chess" blitz rating.... a whopping 1179. <_<

In any case, the tourney has been fun. None of yall are pushovers. Jockstrap plays very sound chess (i got lucky on early mistake). Edjr was beating me in our game before he quit on time, which is unfortunately how I won a lot of games. Denzelwords (naomi i think?) was making me very nervous before losing on time. Recliner Pilot lost a game because of a cheap checkmate, but had great position before the over-site.

Thanks for running this TBB.

Like GD said no match was a cakewalk, I just wish Naomi would have stayed with it, she surely would have grabbed 1st or 2nd.

edjr was no slouch either and would have placed too I'm sure.

So, next February we play again after the SB...???

:cheers:

:banana: :banana: :banana:

After 2 months of battle, it's finally official. GobbleDog is the greatest chess player in the history of the world!!!!

Never-mind that I won half my games on time/early resignation. First I have to thank myself for being so great! Next I'd like to thank all the little people, especially the really stubby midgets. Finally, my lord and savior - Gary Kasparov.

Congrats to 2nd place KnowDoubt and 3rd place Flamma_Aquila. See yall Chess nerds next year! :music_guitarred:

I'm so tired of losing live chess games. At first I was like - this is fun. Now I get so focking p!ssed at my bad moves while on that 10 minute timer. I don't need my blood pressure to raise from chess.

and Gobble Dog is the greatest chess player in the history of the fftoday bored :first:

I'm so tired of losing live chess games. At first I was like - this is fun. Now I get so focking p!ssed at my bad moves while on that 10 minute timer. I don't need my blood pressure to raise from chess.

and Gobble Dog is the greatest chess player in the history of the fftoday bored :first:

If you played me in Live Chess you'd get revenge. I played Flamma Aquila in some live games before the tournament and he waxed the floor with me in a few games. The time pressure gets to me and my instincts apparently suck. :wall:

You're right that it's extremely frustrating when ya lose and I get pissed off too. Occasionally I'll run a loss through Fritz (chess program) afterwards and get analysis on what I should have done on each move. Yes, I actually bought a chess program.

high praise indeed. :banana:

I'm ready for another one.

in

After 2 months of battle, it's finally official. GobbleDog is the greatest chess player in the history of the world!!!!

Never-mind that I won half my games on time/early resignation. First I have to thank myself for being so great! Next I'd like to thank all the little people, especially the really stubby midgets. Finally, my lord and savior - Gary Kasparov.

Congrats to 2nd place KnowDoubt and 3rd place Flamma_Aquila. See yall Chess nerds next year! :music_guitarred:

Grats man!

:first: = GobbleDog/SnookSlayer

:cheers:

GobbleDog/SnookSlayer

Actually, Snookslayer was my original name at FFToday for about 2 weeks when I first found this place. Then I lost the password and re-registered with the first name I thought of - Gobble, my recently deceased Lab. Smart dog and all, but if I'd known I'd be here for 10+ years I would have spent the 2 seconds retrieving my old password.

In any case, if anyone ever wants to play chess - challenge Snookslayer at Chess.com. :mad: