• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 Hawkeye21

Hawkeye21

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:24 PM

I've never liked my team with Gronk on it.  I think the 4th round is the earliest I'd be willing to take him.

#42 robb

robb

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,926 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:24 PM

I've said for a long time that if you get Gronk in the right spot and your RBs are solid, then your receiving corps only needs to be a bunch of WR2s.

And I trust your knowledge and judgment.....so I will take that into consideration in my money league drafts!! Thanks Doug.

#43 The Football Guru

The Football Guru

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,689 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:43 PM

And I trust your knowledge and judgment.....so I will take that into consideration in my money league drafts!! Thanks Doug.

Thanks. I get it, drafting a WR1 just feels better in that spot. But there's also no arguing Gronk presents a weekly advantage. Getting that kind of guy in the 3rd round is definitely nice value at the very least.

#44 remote controller

remote controller

FF Geek

• Members
  • 29,667 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:54 PM

I've been on the road the whole draft. Just got home. Very happy with Allen and Fitz at wideout. I think they both might get 100 receptions.

So what's up with Ray?? Did he quit?
--If your IQ were two points higher, you'd be a brick!--

#45 Ray Lewis's Limo Driver

Ray Lewis's Limo Driver

FF Geek

• Members
  • 53,015 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 03:03 PM

I really felt boxed in to take Aaron Rodgers at 3.08, from a value perspective it fits, but I really wanted to do some other things, I simply could not justify going in any other direction.

To the last, I grapple with thee; From Hell's heart, I stab at thee; For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee.

#46 The Football Guru

The Football Guru

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,689 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 03:10 PM

I've been on the road the whole draft. Just got home. Very happy with Allen and Fitz at wideout. I think they both might get 100 receptions.

So what's up with Ray?? Did he quit?

I had Fitz typed in with my pick at 3.04 before deciding I liked the depth at WR more. Either way, I obviously like your pick.

#47 Hawkeye21

Hawkeye21

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 03:11 PM

I really felt boxed in to take Aaron Rodgers at 3.08, from a value perspective it fits, but I really wanted to do some other things, I simply could not justify going in any other direction.

All you had to do was tell yourself that he's just a QB and you could have taken those other players you were interested in.

#48 robb

robb

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,926 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 03:29 PM

I had Fitz typed in with my pick at 3.04 before deciding I liked the depth at WR more. Either way, I obviously like your pick.

i

It was Fitz or Hilton for me at 3.03. I took Hilton thinking his QB should be better than Fitz’s QB in 2018. Any thoughts from you all in the “peanut gallery”?

#49 Ray Lewis's Limo Driver

Ray Lewis's Limo Driver

FF Geek

• Members
  • 53,015 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 03:51 PM

All you had to do was tell yourself that he's just a QB and you could have taken those other players you were interested in.

-_-

To the last, I grapple with thee; From Hell's heart, I stab at thee; For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee.

#50 remote controller

remote controller

FF Geek

• Members
  • 29,667 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 05:20 PM

I decided between Fitz and Thielen.
--If your IQ were two points higher, you'd be a brick!--

#51 Mr. Landry

Mr. Landry

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 07:16 AM

Not usually a fan of taking TE in the early rounds and was (foolishly, it appears) hoping I could sneak Fitzgerald here.  Once Thielen was off the board I went with Ertz.  I think there is a large drop off after him and the point differential between him and the next best TE is significantly larger than the drop off between what I can get at the other positions later.  

My only real hesitancy with the pick is that he plays for the Eagals.  It kind of made my stomach turn.    :angry:

QUOTE(phillybear @ Jul 17 2009, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just wondering. How many of you sh!tdicks are quoting me in their sigs?

And if you are not, what the fock if wrong with you? I don't dispense this gold for nothing. Get with the program. :mad: :mad:

Edit: Believe me, I don't give a sh@t. Just curious. Let's face it. I suck.