Sign in to follow this  
MDC

*** 2017 NBA draft lottery thread ***

I almost wish this was the year the Lakers forfeited our pick to the 6'ers. It's looking like we're going to take Ball (and possibly trade Deangelo Russel), and I don't know if I can deal with listening to this dudes dad for the next 5-10 years.

I almost wish this was the year the Lakers forfeited our pick to the 6'ers. It's looking like we're going to take Ball (and possibly trade Deangelo Russel), and I don't know if I can deal with listening to this dudes dad for the next 5-10 years.

If the Celtics had brains they would feign like they are going to trade the pick to a team that wants Ball.

See if they can get the Lakers to bite.

it would be absolutely hilarious if the Lakers took someone else and then the Sixers took Ball :lol:

If the Celtics had brains they would feign like they are going to trade the pick to a team that wants Ball.

See if they can get the Lakers to bite.

no one would ever believe it. Phil Jackson would need to be running the Lakers to be that inept

st this point no one is trading up to be a part of the ball family. It will be all about upside vs headache when a team is on the clock and he is available

no one would ever believe it. Phil Jackson would need to be running the Lakers to be that inept

st this point no one is trading up to be a part of the ball family. It will be all about upside vs headache when a team is on the clock and he is available

Somebody could trade up for Fultz, though. I don't know that the Celts would trade it, but I could see them dropping to 3 or 4 to get some extra value in the future.

Somebody could trade up for Fultz, though. I don't know that the Celts would trade it, but I could see them dropping to 3 or 4 to get some extra value in the future.

sure

but that wasn't the scenario laid out

I don't think any player in the top 10 is valuable enough to move up for. Fultz and Ball should be can't miss solid NBA players for a decade, but they aren't Lebron.

I think the problem is all 3 of the top projected picks are PG's, and PG is one of the few positions BOS is very good at already. That takes out a bit of leverage when/if they try to trade down.

Sixers would be ideal partners for Boston since we desperately need a guard but I just can't see it happening.

I think the problem is all 3 of the top projected picks are PG's, and PG is one of the few positions BOS is very good at already. That takes out a bit of leverage when/if they try to trade down.

Josh Jackson (SF) is clearly in the Top 3 - some scouts like him better than Ball.

Josh Jackson (SF) is clearly in the Top 3 - some scouts like him better than Ball.

Ah yes. I have Fultz, Ball and Fox as the top 3 on the board. But I guess Jackson or Tatum could be in there as well.

Ah yes. I have Fultz, Ball and Fox as the top 3 on the board. But I guess Jackson or Tatum could be in there as well.

Fox's lack of a jump shot hurts him IMO. Jackson can't really shoot either but he's at worst going to be a lock down defender and a terror in transition. If the Sixers don't trade I hope they do the smart thing and draft JJ.

kind of a no win situation for the sixers (go ahead and make a Nets joke, don't care, just giving an honest opinion). If Ball falls to them, a position of need, they get to bring in a circus to a losing culture. Jackson will be the best player on the board. They don't need a SF/PF/C at all.

I think, being that this draft has no obvious transcendent players, the smartest thing to do would be to take best available PG.

kind of a no win situation for the sixers (go ahead and make a Nets joke, don't care, just giving an honest opinion). If Ball falls to them, a position of need, they get to bring in a circus to a losing culture. Jackson will be the best player on the board. They don't need a SF/PF/C at all.

I think, being that this draft has no obvious transcendent players, the smartest thing to do would be to take best available PG.

Jackson is the pick. He's not a great fit but he's clearly the BPA if Ball goes #2 and the Sixers glut at the 3 is sort of overblown - Saric, Simmons and RoCo all play multiple positions. If Jackson reached his ceiling as a McGrady / Butler type you deal one of Saric / Covington.

That said I won't be surprised at all if the Sixers trade down, deal the 3rd pick as part of a package for a vet or draft Fox or Isaac instead.

Bump. Alright MDC looks like you won in the end. Fultz is the absolute real deal.

Wow, went down overnight. Fultz is clearly #1 and a great fit with Simmons, Embiid, Saric. If the reports are true and the Sixers are only giving up 3 and one of the Lakers or Kings pick that's a great deal.

I love it. :thumbsup:

Not sure if I want the Celtics to get the #1 overall pick. :dunno:

Traded it to sixers

Poor guy, thought Fultz had a shot a making some noise. NBA purgatory.

Helluva ballsy move by Ainge and the Celtics. Do they know something about Fultz that we don't? Or do they just not see enough separation that the added future first is worth it? :dunno:

Clearly they don't want Ball, or they wouldn't risk the Lakers taking him. Fock, Ball is going to drop to the Suns at 4. :wall:

Helluva ballsy move by Ainge and the Celtics. Do they know something about Fultz that we don't? Or do they just not see enough separation that the added future first is worth it? :dunno:

Clearly they don't want Ball, or they wouldn't risk the Lakers taking him. Fock, Ball is going to drop to the Suns at 4. :wall:

I think it's a combination of the Celtics already being set at guard / loving Jackson, Tatum or Isaac, and/or the Crltics loading up on more picks to land Paul George or Jimmy Butler.

KSB's Mock Draft

1. Sixers - Markelle Fultz No Brainer for the Sixers, PG to complement their emerging young players.

2. Lakers - Lonzo Ball The Circus goes to L.A. Perfect fit, if you like that sort of stuff

3. Celtics - Josh Jackson Fits what Ainge likes, tough nose defenders who can also score. Jackson is Avery Bradley on Steroids.

4. Suns - Jayson Tatum Most polished dude in the draft

5. Cavs (from Kings) - D'Aaron Fox Trade Alert!@#! Cavs trade JR Smith & Tristan Thompson plus Cash for the #5 pick. JR deserves to be on the Kings and Tristan can go to Cali to be with the Kardashians. Cleveland frees up Free Agent dollars and gets the best player in the draft.

6. Magic - Jonathon Isaac Ho Hum, some love him others are not impressed. Count me in the latter.

7. T-Wolves - Malik Monk Great young nucleus adds an elite shooter.

8. Knicks - Dennis Smith Stephon Marbury part II in the Big Apple. Gethcha popcorn ready. Elite talent.

9. Mavs - Frank Nitilinka Dallas is starting over and go for the long play with this long young French Stud. They've hit big on International before and go for it again.

10. Sacramento - Lauri Markken 7 Footer who can shoot threes. Sounds like the White Boogie to me.

11. Hornets - Donovan Mitchell Charlotte needs a back up PG who can defend. Combo Guard Mitchell fills in nicely here.

12. Detroit - Zach Collins Big man with big upside

13. Denver - John Collins Breakout year at Wake Forest lands this do it all PF in the lottery

14. Heat - Luke Kennard Bulls go for a Duke guy two years in a row. They need wing scorers to compliment Whiteside in the box.

i agree with KSB completely that Fox is the best player in the draft.

great trade by the celtics, leveraging the sixers need for a PG and moving down just two spots to get the player that fits their needs much better in Jackson (or even Tatum) while picking up an extra first they can use to trade for another star to compete with the clevelands and golden states (jimmy butler comes to mind)

Lakers really like monte morris but don't have a great avenue to get him.

Washington has told him if he's there at 52...they will select him there. He may go higher IMO.

KSB's Mock Draft

9. Mavs - Frank Nitilinka Dallas is starting over and go for the long play with this long young French Stud. They've hit big on International before and go for it again.

That's good with Fred. :thumbsup:

KSB's Mock Draft

5. Cavs (from Kings) - D'Aaron Fox Trade Alert!@#! Cavs trade JR Smith & Tristan Thompson plus Cash for the #5 pick. JR deserves to be on the Kings and Tristan can go to Cali to be with the Kardashians. Cleveland frees up Free Agent dollars and gets the best player in the draft.

Why not throw in Richard Jefferson and move all the way up to #1 and take Fultz instead?

• Like 1

Why not throw in Richard Jefferson and move all the way up to #1and take Fultz instead?

:clap:

My thoughts as well, absurd trade offer.

Guys, it's Sacramento. They are the fat drunk girl dancing by herself at last call; They'll do anything.

MDC said something intelligent regarding basketball for once.

the Celtics are loaded with guard talent. They are clearly all in on IT2. Their need, besides a big man is an athletic wing and my guess is adding the extra 1st is enough incentive to move down to where Jackson SHOULD be available. That extra first also gives them the ammo to go after Jimmy Butler

all I want for the Nets (besides Lin staying healthy, continued development for RH-J and Levert, and a solid free agent signing :lol: ) is Jordan Bell. The guy is an awesome defender and interior scorer and I think he can improve his overall offensive game. What the Nets really need, since they have been letting Brook Lopez stretch the floor, is a tough guy who plays D and rebounds in the middle at the 4.

With 2 picks roughly around the beginning of where Bell should start being looked at, they better use one of those picks on him.

I think this is the rare deal that benefits both teams.

Boston does not need a guard and likely didn't see enough separation between Fultz and Jackson / Tatum or their own roster to justify taking BPA. They added anothe pick to either swing a deal for PG / Butler or another star or stand pat an get a better fit.

The Sixers desperately need a shooter at guard and landed the consensus BPA and a great fit while protecting the pick enough where worst case scenario is they lose the 2nd overall next year. The Lakers suck but it's possible they win enough where Philly only gives up a 4-5 or the pick flips to Sacto's first. The Kings are forever mired in the 7-8 range, which is nothing.

Win-win.

Guys, it's Sacramento. They are the fat drunk girl dancing by herself at last call; They'll do anything.

:first:

:clap:

My thoughts as well, absurd trade offer.

He said cash and it's a trillion dollars

I think this is the rare deal that benefits both teams.

Boston does not need a guard and likely didn't see enough separation between Fultz and Jackson / Tatum or their own roster to justify taking BPA. They added anothe pick to either swing a deal for PG / Butler or another star or stand pat an get a better fit.

The Sixers desperately need a shooter at guard and landed the consensus BPA and a great fit while protecting the pick enough where worst case scenario is they lose the 2nd overall next year. The Lakers suck but it's possible they win enough where Philly only gives up a 4-5 or the pick flips to Sacto's first. The Kings are forever mired in the 7-8 range, which is nothing.

Win-win.

76ers loading up on elite talents who aren't elite enough to get their teams to the NCAA tournament. Name an top draft pick who didn't win in college that won in the pros

76ers loading up on elite talents who aren't elite enough to get their teams to the NCAA tournament. Name an top draft pick who didn't win in college that won in the pros

Damian Lillard

Klay Thompson

Paul George

Paul Millsap

Chris Bosh

Mychal Thompson

Pete Maravich

Walt Bellamy

I hope the Lakers trade down. Maybe just inside the top 10 and take that big white kid from Zaga. Deangelo can play the 1, and we'll have Paul George and maybe even Lebron in 2018.

Paul George. I hope the Celtics trade for him an lose to Cleveland in 6 games next year instead of 5.

Shaq won a single NCAA tournament game in 3 seasons. :dunno: