Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Excellent Clip on PC

He's so right about how the PC stuff and fear of offending have robbed us of our spontaneity and humor. When I'm around younger people these days I find myself being careful about what I say. I remember there being much more laughter years ago at get togethers. I don't hang out at bars like I used to, but when I do they seem less lively. Everyone is just eating.

He's so right about how the PC stuff and fear of offending have robbed us of our spontaneity and humor. When I'm around younger people these days I find myself being careful about what I say. I remember there being much more laughter years ago at get togethers. I don't hang out at bars like I used to, but when I do they seem less lively. Everyone is just eating.

Yep. Like technology itself, it seems like the degree of change and it's inherent speed of change continues to increase.

One can only assume the two are related I suppose.

What I mean by that is, its not like Gramma uttering something about 'the japs' - and the grand (or great) kids are scandalized.

I've found in my own family that a different of even ten years can seem like an unbridgeable chasm sociologically.

For example, my round of cousins would think nothing of joking about 'the short bus'.

My mid-30's cousins? would look at us today like we were Joseph Mengele.

Given that, I totally understand why there's not a comedian in the world who'd want to go on campus anymore.

I heard the rule is (seriously): "If everybody doesn't laugh, it's not funny."

That's a ridiculous standard, but entirely consistent with "clear the school of all peanuts!" "Everyone gets a trophy!" "don't use a red pen!" mentality these days.

I recently joined a golf group of seniors for just this reason. They give each other sh!t, don't worry about PC and they golf well. Youngest guy other than me is 61.

I recently joined a golf group of seniors for just this reason. They give each other sh!t, don't worry about PC and they golf well. Youngest guy other than me is 61.

100%.