Sign in to follow this  
Bert

Interesting Fact About Dakota Access Protest

The Chief of the Standing Rock Sioux owns a gas station. The only one close to the protest site. He made hundreds of thousands off the protest as this was to closest place to get gas and supplies.

It is a shame that people still believe these protests are about the enviroment.

The Chief of the Standing Rock Sioux owns a gas station. The only one close to the protest site. He made hundreds of thousands off the protest as this was to closest place to get gas and supplies.

It is a shame that people still believe these protests are about the enviroment.

Progress is only good when it comes to how one feels.

Good luck on the Line 3 project Bert. They already have billboards up along HWY 2 by Bemidji. It's going to turn into another shitshow.

Boy oh boy, they sure protected that water!

Did anyone else see what these protesters did to that site? They completely trashed it. Focking garbage every where.

Did anyone else see what these oil companies did to that site? They completely trashed it. Focking spills every where.

Did anyone else see what these protesters did to that site? They completely trashed it. Focking garbage every where.

Human filth

animals

Tell me if I got this right Bert -

From the bit I've seen/read, the particular stretch they're bitching about is mostly metaphorical.

Much 'worse' has been done without complaint previously, but now, it's about biitching and getting

attention.

- Much like Mike Brown in Ferguson; Not the most legit example of an 'innocent' black man getting shot,

but serves as a rallying cry - lies, hyperbole and all.

Tell me if I got this right Bert -

From the bit I've seen/read, the particular stretch they're bitching about is mostly metaphorical.

Much 'worse' has been done without complaint previously, but now, it's about biitching and getting

attention.

- Much like Mike Brown in Ferguson; Not the most legit example of an 'innocent' black man getting shot,

but serves as a rallying cry - lies, hyperbole and all.

pretty much

they were given a year to file a formal complaint and didnt, 1 tribe of like 50 members is now opposed and all the stupid SJW's offended by the Washington Redskins name are there

So some guy really goes around calling himself chief of the standing rock Sioux? In 2017? And owns a gas station?

Some of you are pretty knowegable about Native American matters... I am not... don't mean to offend, so educate me.

Why do these reservations and whatnot cling to a way of life that is clearly gone, and they never really experienced anyway? Why stay on the reservation in the sh!ttiest part of America?

I just don't get it. My ass would be on the first outbound bus.

I'm genuinely curious. Not trying to be a d!ck here.

• Like 1

So some guy really goes around calling himself chief of the standing rock Sioux? In 2017? And owns a gas station?

Some of you are pretty knowegable about Native American matters... I am not... don't mean to offend, so educate me.

Why do these reservations and whatnot cling to a way of life that is clearly gone, and they never really experienced anyway? Why stay on the reservation in the sh!ttiest part of America?

I just don't get it. My ass would be on the first outbound bus.

I'm genuinely curious. Not trying to be a d!ck here.

without stereotyping completely, Natives are the most lazy group as a whole in this country

Unpossible. They're all about saving the environment and acceptance for all. :nono:

I don't know anything about this. Last time I checked in was a warm day in Panzhihuia, we'd had shorts and t-shirt weather for a month, and they were all bundled up, freezing their asses off with snow everywhere.

Anyway, what's gotten me curious is that there's allegedly a chick involved that did a Tide commercial and dated medstudent after she dumped Manti Te'o.

I don't know anything about this. Last time I checked in was a warm day in Panzhihuia, we'd had shorts and t-shirt weather for a month, and they were all bundled up, freezing their asses off with snow everywhere.

Anyway, what's gotten me curious is that there's allegedly a chick involved that did a Tide commercial and dated medstudent after she dumped Manti Te'o.

Is this her? Red Fawn Fallis?

https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0LEV1ICaU5ZFs0AUvNXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE0NzBpZW00BGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDVUkyQzNfMQRzZWMDcGl2cw--?p=Red+Fawn+Fallis&fr2=piv-web&fr=opensearch

If so, it's disappointing, I was hoping she'd be hotter. :sadbanana:

Excellent point.

And in almost every interview one of these folks give...they resort to referring to the phrase "Mother Earth" .... as if it to push their agenda/their dedication to saving the water even further.

I live in ND...and a ways from that place focking trashed.

They play the part of "save the water, protect the land" yet all we ever see is them destroying the land and destroying the water. They are simply so stupid that they don't realize how focking retarded they look contradicting themselves like they do. They think if they use the words "heritage, big oil, mother earth" etc, that they have really driven home their point. Most of them have an IQ of 63 and a life expectancy of 45.

Some pretty interesting comments here so far. Quite a bit of ignorance and some either blatent trolling or racism, but meh, to each his own.

So much was misrepresented by the media. It wasn't the dirty Indians wrecked that site. It was off the reservation and 95% filthy focking white hippies that came and made it their squat. Those are the focks that ruined that place in the name of the natives.

Its not advertised, but the tribe actually passed a resolution asking the feds to help get rid of the whole thing.

I can't tell you guys most of it, but give me 7y,7mo and I'll tell you anything you want to know.

As for the governmental structure of the tribes Titans, that's an entirely different thread. Maybe I'll start an "ask me stuff about indians" thread.

I can't tell you guys most of it, but give me 7y,7mo and I'll tell you anything you want to know.

What happens in 7 years 7 months?

My finger-and-toe counting tells me that's when Trump's presidency would end if he wins re-election and my spider sense is telling me that's not what you're talking about.

As for the governmental structure of the tribes Titans, that's an entirely different thread. Maybe I'll start an "ask me stuff about indians" thread.

Uh, what happens in 7 years and 7 months? I'm not gonna wait that long.

And, every time I see a commercial for "NARF", I can't help but chuckle.

https://yt3.ggpht.com/-xog2W2c0uxk/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAAAA/lkMzh4SFVjE/s900-c-k-no-mo-rj-c0xffffff/photo.jpg

I think he is saying it would take that long to tell the entire tale. :dunno:

Maybe he sees Game of Thrones is coming back on and he's become a pious and devout member of the Faith of the Seven.

Seven blessings, mmm.....beer.

What happens in 7 years 7 months?

My finger-and-toe counting tells me that's when Trump's presidency would end if he wins re-election and my spider sense is telling me that's not what you're talking about.

My "Minimum Retirement Age". It's just good business I don't talk specific shop until then. :)

Not to Hijerk, but:

The other thing that I can't help but think of every time I see one of them NARF commercials comes from this quote:

(among their list of biitches):

"The STATE is taking our native children away and placing them in Non-Native Homes!"

Uh, yeah, last time I checked 'the state' doesn't even want the damn kids it HAS to take (see: "Negroes" and "Meth Heads").

I'm pretty damn certain they're not breaking into TeePee's stealing your squaw's 'One little, Two Little, Three little Indians" like

some kind of effed up Cruela DeVille to 'bless' white couples with resentful future alcoholics.

In short, If 'The State' is 'taking your kids', you're doing something really focking wrong. And you should be damn grateful that ANY family is assuming the responsibilities you and your AquaNet Huffing Husband are clearly failing to meet.

NARF! :banana:

My "Minimum Retirement Age". It's just good business I don't talk specific shop until then. :)

What? Then you're going to move off the Rez?

You're moving the goal posts on that with us. Either that or you're confusing the heck out of me.

When last you mentioned retirement it was about "hanging the big five" or some such thing that you can retire at your highest pay average for five years and you were four years into the high authority desk job you didn't like and was making you gain weight.

Uh, yeah, last time I checked 'the state' doesn't even want the damn kids it HAS to take (see: "Negroes" and "Meth Heads").

Ouch! Ouch! My eyes! I'll pretend I didn't read that.

You're moving the goal posts on that with us. Either that or you're confusing the heck out of me.

When last you mentioned retirement it was about "hanging the big five" or some such thing that you can retire at your highest pay average for five years and you were four years into the high authority desk job you didn't like and was making you gain weight.

So in fed LE you can 1st retire at 50/20 = be 50yo and have a min of 20 years in. In 7y7m I'll be 50/24.

We mandatory retire at 57. So i can work 7y7m and retire or stay up to 14ish years more if I desire.

Yeah the admin job took me off a much much faster paced lifestyle and I had been picking up weight over the years.

The "high 3" is the 3 highest average years salary. It's used as the base of your pension. Though this year the trumps are trying to change it to high 5.

Some pretty interesting comments here so far. Quite a bit of ignorance and some either blatent trolling or racism, but meh, to each his own.

So much was misrepresented by the media. It wasn't the dirty Indians wrecked that site. It was off the reservation and 95% filthy focking white hippies that came and made it their squat. Those are the focks that ruined that place in the name of the natives.

Its not advertised, but the tribe actually passed a resolution asking the feds to help get rid of the whole thing.

So you have the facts? The links, articles, views, pictures, first hand stories, etc....that some of us have are off. The one you have is correct? You were the one able to determine fact vs. fiction. Thank goodness someone straightened it all out for us. The rest of us just got a hold of the wrong info.

I always find it funny how there is a "well actually, the way it REALLY" happened with every story. Then the next guy posts his links to contradict that story, and then another guy, another link and so on. All claiming "Well actually...this is how it went"

Or...everyone has a story how "well, no one knows this....but this is how it really happened" .

I spoke to a handful of National Guard members from here. And I saw the news. And I see how they act. Those are my "facts".

And as far as "stereotyping" ....why is there not a stereotype that claims "White women are the most likely demographic to commit cold blooded, violent murder and rape"

Or "Amish are lazy fockers that sit around and drink while listening to rap music"

There is a reason there isn't a stereotype for those groups.

Just like there is a reason there IS a stereotype for other groups.

Tubby, mmm...beer is both in law enforcement and a Native American. He's got insights into everything, stuff that isn't in the media,

If you read/watch the news about the Gulf War you can get a nice overall picture. If you asked me about it, I can tell you what we were thinking and seeing all the way at the front lines. The boredom, the big black -rolling flying beetles, the various types of sand (rocky, dunes, places with grass patches and those without). How we got lost, how we traversed the mine fields, and then I could even surely offer job specific stuff about ordering repair parts and keeping everything functional that you won't find anywhere else.

There's always stuff you're going to have a devil of a time picking up from TV news.

You prefer Comic Sans ?

No, braille or Arabic script would be better.