Sign in to follow this  
The Football Guru

Instant Fantasy Analysis - RB Kareem Hunt, Chiefs

Kansas City nailed this pick. Owners of Spencer Ware and Charcandrick West better take notice, as Hunt brings the kind of explosion to the backfield Jamaal Charles used to provide. He can stop and start almost on a dime and strings together moves about as well as any back in this class. Despite his elusiveness, Hunt doesn't lack for power; he also has outstanding balance and is plenty stout enough (5-10, 216) to run inside - something he did plenty at Toledo. He also values the football (one fumble on 722 total touches over the last three years). PFF credited him with 98 total missed tackles forced (second in the country) and 22 missed tackles on receptions (second in the nation among running backs). Hunt should be considered an immediate threat to Ware and pass West on the depth chart in short order, and the possibility exists Hunt could overtake Ware at some point. Hunt will almost certainly be an undervalued asset in redraft leagues but he's very much worth a pick in the later rounds.

move over Patriots, the Chiefs just drafted the next Brett Favre and Emmitt Smith in the same draft! :pointstosky:

Better than Alex Smith who is the opposite of a gunslinger :)

Ware wasn't very exciting to watch play as last season went on.

I think Hunt could very will be the starter early on.

Yeah and the history is kind of there, knile Davis had what we felt was a decent year filling in and then next year he isn't used and eventually traded away. Chiefs seem to understand these players have small windows to excel and you have to use them while they are at their best.

Think they drafted a good one.

Congrats.

Idk that Charles is the proper comp

Charles isn't the comp. I said he gives KC the explosion JC did. My comps for Hunt were Ray Rice (high-end) and Kenneth Dixon (low-end).

Charles isn't the comp. I said he gives KC the explosion JC did. My comps for Hunt were Ray Rice (high-end) and Kenneth Dixon (low-end).

Emmitt Smith :thumbsup:

He gives the Chiefs big play ability they lack without Jamaal Charles

That's not to say he's as much of a big play ability as Charles, he's one of the best of all time in that category

I think he has a very good opportunity to be the lead back for the chiefs. Good pick from a fantasy perspective.

I think he has a very good opportunity to be the lead back for the chiefs. Good pick from a fantasy perspective.

and to kick raider ass perspective :banana:

Kareem hunt ran in the 4.6s. You comped him to Charles for exlposion. I don't know that it's the same type of explosion.

Kareem hunt ran in the 4.6s. You comped him to Charles for exlposion. I don't know that it's the same type of explosion.

Not to get too specific, but you'd want to cite his 10-yard split for explosion. The 40 is for "long speed". I don't know what his 10-yard split was, but he looks like he's been shot out of a cannon just about every time he runs.

Not to get too specific, but you'd want to cite his 10-yard split for explosion. The 40 is for "long speed". I don't know what his 10-yard split was, but he looks like he's been shot out of a cannon just about every time he runs.

Ok. I can agree there.

Yeah and the history is kind of there, knile Davis had what we felt was a decent year filling in and then next year he isn't used and eventually traded away. Chiefs seem to understand these players have small windows to excel and you have to use them while they are at their best.

Dude, that's the stupidest I've ever read. What, are you 12 years old?

Having said that, as a Raider fan I'm concerned about Hunt.

he reminds me of barry sanders

I know what you're saying, but I'm not ready to compare anyone to the most exciting back I've seen in my lifetime.

With that said, I do love me some Kareem Hunt :doublethumbsup:

Toledo is close to me i hope Hunt is good, but keep in mind we are talking Toledo Rockets.

he reminds me of barry sanders

I dunno, Barry Sanders was one of a kind.

perhaps you've gone a bit far in your praise.

move over Patriots, the Chiefs just drafted the next Brett Favre and Emmitt Smith in the same draft! :pointstosky:

:ninja:

You were not kidding. Holy ****. and it looked like the pats didnt know what to do with him.

the only thing I can fault him for is the fumble and that one long run when he let someone catch him from behind.

I guess he was tired from all his other TD's so I guess I can forgive him for that one.

On point as always

Let's stop right there.

Kid is good but he's no Barry and doesn't run like Barry.

Barry is a great dancer below that horrible detriot line. Hunt didn't do any dancing....it's handoff and explode.

Every defensive coordinator game planning against KC this year is going to add some grey hairs trying to figure out the twin H bombs in Hill and Hunt.

Stupendous first game! Unstoppable.

But, I am not ready to crown him. I need to see more. We have all seen (and been party to) overreactions before.

Priest Holmes comparison comes to mind

Emmitt Smith didn't lead the league in rushing his rookie year :no:

Giving way too much credit once again to KC.

Giving way too much credit once again to KC.

the Cowboys didn't win the SuperBowl in 1990 either :no:

If I recall the 1989 Cowboys where an awfull football team.

The 2016 KC team wasn't.

Once again giving to much credit too KC.