Sign in to follow this  
md61813

Who to start at QB? WHIR

Standard scoring, non-ppr. Bonus for 300+ yards.

Here's the deal. I wasted an early pick on Tom Brady because I feel like he's going to have a good season coming off suspension.

10 teams in the league, so I ended up with Matt Ryan.

Should I keep Matt Ryan? I can't really afford to drop another player to get a THIRD QB, so I'll have to drop Ryan if need be.

A few intriguing QBs left in the league (and remember, I just need one for the first FOUR weeks):

Dakk Prescott (am I just buying into the hype/bored because it's preseason? Strongly considering him)

Ryan Fitzpatrick (I have Brandon Marshal on my team as well)
Jay Cutler

Alex Smith

Joe Flacco
RG3 (also intriguing to me for some reason)

Should I get one of these guys, or stick with Matt Ryan for the first four weeks?

Thanks! Leave the link to your question after your response.

Grab Prescott. Not much tape on him gives him an opportunity to blow up early as teams try to stop the run. He has the best trade potential of the QBs listed. Longer term, I like Fitzpatrick for solid production.

Grab Prescott. Not much tape on him gives him an opportunity to blow up early as teams try to stop the run. He has the best trade potential of the QBs listed. Longer term, I like Fitzpatrick for solid production.

Thanks for the response! I'm kind of thinking Prescott myself. Luckily I only need someone for the first four weeks.

I would say to stick with Ryan. I know he has his downsides, but the guy did manage to throw for over 4,000 yards, last year, and got his share of TD passes in. Plus he's throwing to Julio Jones, which has to account for something.

Could I get a little help here, please?

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?s=cb0a035e33ff0fc8851f4b87b9486240&showtopic=457002

I would say to stick with Ryan. I know he has his downsides, but the guy did manage to throw for over 4,000 yards, last year, and got his share of TD passes in. Plus he's throwing to Julio Jones, which has to account for something.

Could I get a little help here, please?

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?s=cb0a035e33ff0fc8851f4b87b9486240&showtopic=457002

You make a good point. The only thing that worries me is that Ryan's matchups during the first four weeks are not as easy as Prescott's. Thanks for the help!

Prescott has the most upside but you just need reliability for the first 4 weeks. I'd probably rank them Fitz, Ryan, and Flacco.

Prescott has the most upside but you just need reliability for the first 4 weeks. I'd probably rank them Fitz, Ryan, and Flacco.

Thanks for the input! Something I forgot to mention that might be important is that I have Brandon Marshal as a WR. That scares me a little bit if I started Fitz---a bad day is multiplied by 2.

Stick with Ryan, he has Jones and Freeman, decent offense. I dont trust rookie qbs, Dak is seeing vanilla defenses right now, when its real he may be in for a struggle like any rookie qb. I stand pat with Ryan

Stick with Ryan, he has Jones and Freeman, decent offense. I dont trust rookie qbs, Dak is seeing vanilla defenses right now, when its real he may be in for a struggle like any rookie qb. I stand pat with Ryan

Very good points! Thanks for your help.

1. dont drop matt ryan. with alex Mack at center and the addition of Sanu plus increased experience of Hardy, ryan should get back to being a top 12 passer.

2. Prescott is a fine add but only at the expense of something else on your roster.