Sign in to follow this  
cousinal111

Going Forward - PPR Keeper Question

I have to keep either AJ or TY. I know AJ is obvious choice but I can't get much back in trade value for TY, maybe an 8th Rd pick. However I could probably land a 2nd or 3rd for AJ.

Stupid to gamble or is this something I should consider?

• Like 1

I wouldn't risk it. AJ Green has eclipsed 1,000 yards each year of his career until this year (and he clearly would have if it wasn't for the injury/team holding him out). He also makes the Bengals' offense go, and will typically be a really consistent option at WR because of this.

His size/speed combination is pretty rare, so he'll always be a good option. Take advantage of having one of the best WR's in the game and keep him

Agreed. AJ Green is a monster. I had him this year and he exploded 3 games. Wish he was a little more consistent, but he is a target monster. Maybe the injury hindered his consistency this year.

• Like 1

Dont over think this.

AJ green is the package as far as WR goes. He gets yards, he makes lots of catches (good for PPR) and most importantly, he gets TDS.

This guy is good in all formats.

TY Hilton is good too. He makes lots of catches, and gets yards, but he just does not get the TD you want. Sure, he gets a few, but that's not really the best part of his game.

also, Hiltons game is based on speed. He is a small, but very speedy WR. He wont outmuscle players for the ball, and he wont outjump them. once he gets older and loses a half step, his production will quickly drop.

AJ is a big physical receiver who is also fast and can outjump defenders for the ball. If he loses a step, he can still beat guys based on his physical play and he can still be a possession WR because he can use that big body to shield defenders from the ball. Not all of these skills are based on speed, so when he loses a half step(in terms of speed), he will still be a top WR but his game will change a bit.

AJ should have the longer career as a WR1. And I think that (as well as present production)is a valid consideration

Agree.

Great post Ray thank you.

Our league voted that would go away from a keeper league in 2018 so I traded AJ for Landry & a pick. My returners will look something like this - TY, Freeman, Landry, Moncrief or Tyrell, Rawls or Prosise.

I now have 4 of the first 27 picks.

Hope it works out. If you were in my league I would give you Landry and a pick in a heartbeat. Hope your pick hits but that is a bit of a dice roll for my taste