Sign in to follow this  
tanatastic

Who else got the Unicorn Frap from Starbucks? Available,for a few days.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/food/wp/2017/04/19/starbucks-unicorn-frappuccino-tastes-like-sour-birthday-cake-and-shame/?utm_term=.610eaf3f8fa6

So this thing is an Internet sensation and everyone is ordering them at Starbucks. It's basically a purple colored cream and mango base with sour ribbons and sparkly sugar dust on top of the whipped cream. I got it and enjoyed it, but I also love sweets. Who else had one or got one for their kid or something?

snowflakes need only apply

Gonna try it Saturday. Heard it was like sweet and sour. Also heard it didn't live up to the hype

So like 2000 calories and 200 g of sugar?

Does it come with a tampon and one of those little umbrellas?

500 calories, 18 grams of fat, 79 grams of sugar

what is Whopper Jr?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/food/wp/2017/04/19/starbucks-unicorn-frappuccino-tastes-like-sour-birthday-cake-and-shame/?utm_term=.610eaf3f8fa6

So this thing is an Internet sensation and everyone is ordering them at Starbucks. It's basically a purple colored cream and mango base with sour ribbons and sparkly sugar dust on top of the whipped cream. I got it and enjoyed it, but I also love sweets. Who else had one or got one for their kid or something?

Lol I knew this was the perfect topic for the GC! Gotta know your audience!

Not to be a complete d!ck but, aren't you poor? Why would you go Starbucks to buy this kind of sh!t, like, ever?

Gonna try it Saturday. Heard it was like sweet and sour.

It'd be good on chicken? :huh:

Not to be a complete d!ck but, aren't you poor? Why would you go Starbucks to buy this kind of sh!t, like, ever?

Poor compared to the upper class, self made tycoons we have at the GC. I pay all my bills, take trips, get all the latest gadgets, drive a newer car and buy whatever I want. I just don't have any savings and can't afford more than a 1br place, albeit in San Diego where it costs a ton to live.

Not poor like "I can only afford ramen and have to buy my clothes at goodwill" poor. If you have to penny pinch 5 bucks, that's seriously poor.

500 calories, 18 grams of fat, 79 grams of sugar

Nice, pure sugar and fat, just what we need. Does it come with an insulin syringe?

No wonder the snowflakes are so up in arms about healthcare. They inhale this crap

Outside of trying to get laid, there is never a good reason to buy a Frap from Starbucks - or anywhere else for that matter.

Poor compared to the upper class, self made tycoons we have at the GC. I pay all my bills, take trips, get all the latest gadgets, drive a newer car and buy whatever I want. I just don't have any savings and can't afford more than a 1br place, albeit in San Diego where it costs a ton to live.

Not poor like "I can only afford ramen and have to buy my clothes at goodwill" poor.

Cool, carry on good Sir.

:thumbsup:

Cool, carry on good Sir.

:thumbsup:

How I see it is there's an earning tier where some people (myself) can be frivolous and careless with hundreds at a time and still be comfortable. Like for example I can buy a new 300-500 gadget on a whim. The earning tier above that is the same only with thousands, they can spend a couple grand on something on a whim, which I could never dream of doing.

Not poor like "I can only afford ramen and have to buy my clothes at goodwill" poor. If you have to penny pinch 5 bucks, that's seriously poor.

After my trip to SD about a month ago I would love to live there, it is without a doubt the prettiest major city in the US in my opinion. The vibes there awesome.

After my trip to SD about a month ago I would love to live there, it is without a doubt the prettiest major city in the US in my opinion. The vibes there awesome.

Yup. Was awesome as soon as I got out of the airport. Didn't want to leave. Only problem is its in California

• Like 1

Yup. Was awesome as soon as I got out of the airport. Didn't want to leave. Only problem is its in California

Yeah that is the only downfall, at least the high military presence there keeps them from getting fully pu$$ified.

How I see it is there's an earning tier where some people (myself) can be frivolous and careless with hundreds at a time and still be comfortable. Like for example I can buy a new 300-500 gadget on a whim. The earning tier above that is the same only with thousands, they can spend a couple grand on something on a whim, which I could never dream of doing.

Don't worry man. Those of us that can afford to do that don't. That's why we can afford to. ;)

never purchased anything from starbucks because i'm a dude

• Like 1

Outside of trying to get laid, there is never a good reason to buy a Frap from Starbucks - or anywhere else for that matter.

This. I think of the last five times I've set foot in a Starbucks, four were for a date.

The other was to buy a gift card for my assistant, who loves Starbucks but can't afford it.

I thought this was a thread about Newbies favorite new band or something.

Nah. Newbie orders the mudslide fudge frap. He prefers to let it crust and lick it off the cup.

never purchased anything from starbucks because i'm a dude

When I see the lines at Starbucks at the airport I shake my head and mumble "sheep"

And it's not that they are getting a cup of coffee or a latte or whatever..it's cause they are waiting in a Stupidly long line for it. There's a caribou coffee within 500 feet with no line.

Starbucks is absolutely not worth waiting in line for.

Nah. Newbie orders the mudslide fudge frap. He prefers to let it crust and lick it off the cup.

Ooooh. Sick bastard. Nice.

When I see the lines at Starbucks at the airport I shake my head and mumble "sheep"

And it's not that they are getting a cup of coffee or a latte or whatever..it's cause they are waiting in a Stupidly long line for it. There's a caribou coffee within 500 feet with no line.

Starbucks is absolutely not worth waiting in line for.

when i was in middle school and high school it was the hipster place to hang out and "study" (gossip) while sipping on your fancy queer named drink. I also hated it because their idea of a glazed donut was a tiny krispy kreme. Glazed Dunkin Donut is 100X better and I can get half a box for the price of one of their krispy kremes... at least at the time.... but mostly we avoided it because of the people who hung out there.

these days it just seems like the trendy chick place to get a drink.

Part of it could be the fact that im not a huge coffee guy and prefer a simple black DD coffee or green mountain keurig or even McDonalds. I don't need a frape, latte, machiatto (sp) frapachinno, cappachino whatever and I don't need the queer drink names either. Grande, Verde, Super Grande Queermosexual

when i was in middle school and high school it was the hipster place to hang out and "study" (gossip) while sipping on your fancy queer named drink. I also hated it because their idea of a glazed donut was a tiny krispy kreme. Glazed Dunkin Donut is 100X better and I can get half a box for the price of one of their krispy kremes... at least at the time.... but mostly we avoided it because of the people who hung out there.

these days it just seems like the trendy chick place to get a drink.

Part of it could be the fact that im not a huge coffee guy and prefer a simple black DD coffee or green mountain keurig or even McDonalds. I don't need a frape, latte, machiatto (sp) frapachinno, cappachino whatever and I don't need the queer drink names either. Grande, Verde, Super Grande Queermosexual

same. I like my coffee black.

Mcdonalds sells a large coffee for a buck and I'm very good with that.

But...do people really want a fruity named drink or do they think they do cause sheep??

Dutch Bros. is the hipster coffee place here these days. No seating, just walk or drive up for a coffee to go. I haven't actually tried it because I only go to coffee places if I need to kill time, so I have no idea how it tastes. :dunno:

There's a place in Nebraska called Scooters that has some decent coffee. It's a chain like Starbucks so I'm not sure if others have heard of it

There's a chain near me called the hot spot. Basically it's hot girls in underwear serving coffee.

I wasn't aware of this and went in for a cup. Chick behind the counter takes off her lab coat and is wearing so.easy seriously hot bra and panties. I thought I was on candid camera. Got a medium cup.

Problem is the coffee is expensive and terrible

There's a chain near me called the hot spot. Basically it's hot girls in underwear serving coffee.

I wasn't aware of this and went in for a cup. Chick behind the counter takes off her lab coat and is wearing so.easy seriously hot bra and panties. I thought I was on candid camera. Got a medium cup.

Problem is the coffee is expensive and terrible

Well people don't go to hooters for the food. I wouldn't be going there for the coffee. Besides, I've had much worse with the coffee they had for us during my deployment. So I could drink that coffee no problem and look at hot girls all morning

I thought this was only for girls and phags???

That's why Digby##s is going to try one in Saturday.

Aren't Unicorns endangered? :dunno: