Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Eli Manning and Giants collaborated on scheme to sell fake game-used gear

http://mashup.weei.com/sports/2017/04/13/eli-manning-memorabilia

Emails show Eli Manning was at the center of a scam to sell fake game-used gear.
According to documents obtained by the New York Post, Manning’s marketing agent, Alan Zucker, asked the Giants quarterback in April 2010 to send two game-used jerseys and helmets to the memorabilia dealer Steiner Sports, per a contractual agreement between the two sides. After Manning received the request, Giants equipment manager, Joe Skiba sent the two-time Super Bowl champion an email saying he would “try to get something down” for him.
Manning allegedly replied from his personal AOL account, saying “2 helmets that can pass as game used. That is it. Eli.”
Three memorabilia collectors are suing the Giants, Manning, Skiba, Steiner and Giants CEO John Mara for conspiring to sell the fraudulent items. The team previously failed to disclose the emails, even though it has a “no document destruction” policy.
A spokeswoman for the Giants denied the claims in a statement to the New York Daily News.
“The email, taken out of context, was shared with the media by an unscrupulous memorabilia dealer and his counsel who for years has been seeking to leverage a big payday,” Karen Kessler. “The email predates any litigation, and there was no legal obligation to store it on the Giants server.”

Typical of an organization that harbors men who beat women.

Now this?

When will it end?

4 game suspension forthwith.

Eli uses AOL?

Why am I not surprised?

:lol:

Also Fock these memorabilia dealers. Not defending anything else...but so many of them are just jackholes.

Eli uses AOL?

Why am I not surprised?

Also Fock these memorabilia dealers. Not defending anything else...but so many of them are just jackholes.

I'm against RLLD here.

if some idiot wants to pay for some overpriced piece of crap, I can't blame the seller. I blame the buyer.

• Like 1

Couldn't happen to a bigger bunch of crybaby scumbags. Sadly, Mara runs the NFL so I wouldn't hold my breath for anything to come of this.

I'm against RLLD here.

if some idiot wants to pay for some overpriced piece of crap, I can't blame the seller. I blame the buyer.

I agree there.

The whole game worn or used crap is stupid.

It's more the idiots that stand in line as grown adults getting autographs and blocking out kids so they can get signed.

• Like 1

I use AOL. What's the big deal? It works fine.

Fock the suspension. He deserves jail time.

Saw that earlier on fb. Didn't feel like going through the hassle of posting it earlier but figured someone here would. Pretty sh1tty of him to do that

Why would he do that? It's not like he needs the money. :dunno:

Why would he ask for a 21 million dollar salary? :dunno:

Greedy motherfockers, that is why.

In 13 seasons Eli has made 206 million. He needs the extra cash.

in 17 seasons Brady has made 196 million.

It's such a joke what these dudes make.

Arod made 480 million from just baseball alone.

Eli uses AOL?

That was my reaction to this non story.

Couldn't happen to a bigger bunch of crybaby scumbags. Sadly, Mara runs the NFL so I wouldn't hold my breath for anything to come of this.

From a Dan Snyder fan :lol:

Saw that earlier on fb. Didn't feel like going through the hassle of posting it earlier . but figured someone here would. Pretty sh1tty of him to do that

Cool story bro

From a Dan Snyder fan :lol:

:doh: I like the Skins. No one likes Snyder. None of which has anything to do with crybaby Mara.

The most shocking thing about this whole story is that anyone would want any of eli's stuff.

The most shocking thing about this whole story is that anyone would want any of eli's stuff.

More dumb sh1t by NV.

"Can pass for game used". This depends on the meaning of the word pass. If it's pass as in pass/ fail, it meets the criteria for game used, nothing here. If it's pass as in it looks like it was used in the game, then pay up. Suspension ? Ha. This is the NY Football Giants we're talking about here, not some carpetbagger outfit like the Patriots.

Why would he ask for a 21 million dollar salary? :dunno:

Greedy motherfockers, that is why.

In 13 seasons Eli has made 206 million. He needs the extra cash.

in 17 seasons Brady has made 196 million.

It's such a joke what these dudes make.

Arod made 480 million from just baseball alone.

It doesn't really bother me. For seventeen years, people have packed the stadium in New England, spending god knows how much in the process.

Why? To see tom Brady play largely.

I have no problem with those guys getting a nice piece. Someone is going to pocket it all. Better the athlete than the billionaire owner.

I wish they would do something like make the QB count less against the cap. Or even all teams get one uncapped player. Or something. Idk.

"This is the game ball where I broke the single season interception record".

Shutup's no going to like you for that one. :(

I have a Eli game worn jock strap I sleep with under my pillow. I thought it smelled a little fishy. Now I wonder if is authentic?

I have a Eli game worn jock strap I sleep with under my pillow. I thought it smelled a little fishy. Now I wonder if is authentic?

If you wear it on your face, you can be Bane from Batman for Halloween.

"This is the game ball where I broke the single season interception record".

:first:

Ill tell you what's rare, some game used Pablo Sandoval gear from his time as a Red Sox.

leading the red sox in HR :wave:

Stud

You know who I feel bad for in all of this...the upstanding people of the autograph and collectible industry who will now be tarnished by Eli's behavior. :(

"Can pass for game used". This depends on the meaning of the word pass. If it's pass as in pass/ fail, it meets the criteria for game used, nothing here. If it's pass as in it looks like it was used in the game, then pay up. Suspension ? Ha. This is the NY Football Giants we're talking about here, not some carpetbagger outfit like the Patriots.

lol, pathetic.

So when the college kids say they can pass for 21 at the bar, its just them saying 'i AM 21 and I pass that criteria!' :lol:

lol, pathetic.

So when the college kids say they can pass for 21 at the bar, its just them saying 'i AM 21 and I pass that criteria!' :lol:

No, it's not. You're either 21 or you ain't. We don't know what the criteria was for game used. Does it a have to be inside of a regulation game? Pre-season? Warm ups? I'm betting the memorabilia company had a loose interpretation of "game used". It was in their interests.

At some point, Eli and whoever will use the "I was hacked" excuse. Or, they will get some goat to take the blame.

No, it's not. You're either 21 or you ain't. We don't know what the criteria was for game used. Does it a have to be inside of a regulation game? Pre-season? Warm ups? I'm betting the memorabilia company had a loose interpretation of "game used". It was in their interests.

Ya. I know Brady likes to wear a warm up helmet, then switch to a fresh new one for the game :lol:

agree here

E-LIE speaks

Eli Manning on memorabilia charges: "I will say I have never done what I've been accused of doing. I have no reason to do anything of that nature. I've done nothing wrong and I have nothing to hide. I know when this is done, everyone will see it the same way.....When you are attacking my integrity, definitely makes me angry...My track record with how I've handled myself since I've been here in NY 2004 speaks for itself. Do everything with class. That is what I have done and it's been attacked now....It will all work out. When it all does, I'll be cleared of this and everyone will see I've done nothing wrong....My track record speaks for itself."

somebody is mad they got caught

That's the way you do it. You don't hide behind lawyers and destroy evidence. Eli is the one that turned over the e-mail the butt hurt crew wants to hang him on. He didn't destroy it.

That's the way you do it. You don't hide behind lawyers and destroy evidence. Eli is the one that turned over the e-mail the butt hurt crew wants to hang him on. He didn't destroy it.

I guess Eli should drive to the houses of the poor losers that bought his faux worn jersey. uh huh, sure.

I guess Eli should drive to the houses of the poor losers that bought his faux worn jersey. uh huh, sure.

Sure acts like an innocent man would. What's his lawyers name? Oh, you don't know. He maned up and handled it himself. Unlike the guy he vanquished numerous times.