Sign in to follow this  
edjr

we all love to sh1t on old man Jerrah Jones. Time for a mea culpa re: Cooper trade

His trade of the 'boys 2019 1st round pick for Amari Cooper was genius. At the time it looked to be a top 12 pick, it is going to be closer to 25th overall.

Lets give Jerrah his due :cheers:

His trade of the 'boys 2019 1st round pick for Amari Cooper was genius. At the time it looked to be a top 12 pick, it is going to be closer to 25th overall.

Lets give Jerrah his due :cheers:

He's less write than a broken watch.

I'm not good at following instructions --- :unsure:

You got to give him credit, I was a guilty as anyone opposed to it - but it looks golden...........................................................least right now.

Jerry has an iceberg on the horizon... Dak, Zeke and Amari will all be FAs in 2020 - and you can't pay everybody. You can bet your ass Jerry is going to give Dak $25m a year - and it will spiral out of control from there.

You got give him credit, I was a guilty as anyone opposed to it - but it looks golden...........................................................least right now.

Jerry has an iceberg on the horizon... Dak, Zeke and Amari will all be FAs in 2020 - and you can't pay everybody. You can bet your ass Jerry is going to give Dak $25m a year - and it will spiral out of control from there.

25 is suicide for Dak. 20 max, but 15 is probably what is fair.

We will see if Dak wants to win, or make as much $ as possible

25 is suicide for Dak. 20 max, but 15 is probably what is fair.

Agreed......but the franchise price tag for QBs is already $23m now....... in 2 years $25m will seem like a bargain. I would not be shocked to see Jerry give him $27m. :doh:

I just found it funny that most people wrote off a 24 year old who already has 2 1000 yard seasons....as a bum.

Even with the raiders he put up random huge games showing he has always been capable.

But it was mostly fantasy nerds who were mad at him.

I just found it funny that most people wrote off a 24 year old who already has 2 1000 yard seasons....as a bum.

Even with the raiders he put up random huge games showing he has always been capable.

But it was mostly fantasy nerds who were mad at him.

Does anyone judge the NFL by anything else? Does anyone even know what matters anymore? it's fantasy or bust.

Cooper has been worth every penny, and YES......props to Jerry :thumbsup:

I'm still going to hold off. That dude doesn't deserve any credit, since it's really his fault that the team has been so success adverse since the 90s. Garrett is still a shlt head coach, it's just that Dallas has so much damn talent. Talent that isn't because of Jerry, but more because of his scouting department imo.

Overpaying is still bad if he pans out. In fact it’s worse because you end up just getting what you paid for rather than a bargain.

Overpaying is still bad if he pans out. In fact its worse because you end up just getting what you paid for rather than a bargain.

True for sure. It is actually almost a bad thing that he is putting up great stats at this moment.

But he is a a tried vet who you knew what you were getting. Sort of a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush sort of thing.

You would imagine that any front office making that move knows the potential finacials that will end up going down and how it fits in the cap.

If they are set on keeping Dak as the guy then I would look to just let EE play out his deal and let him walk.

True for sure. It is actually almost a bad thing that he is putting up great stats at this moment.

But he is a a tried vet who you knew what you were getting. Sort of a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush sort of thing.

You would imagine that any front office making that move knows the potential finacials that will end up going down and how it fits in the cap.

If they are set on keeping Dak as the guy then I would look to just let EE play out his deal and let him walk.

I could see that. Dallas doesn't even have the best RB in the division anymore. No use trying to keep up.

I could see that. Dallas doesn't even have the best RB in the division anymore. No use trying to keep up.

:lol:

:lol:

sorry bro, but his statement is true, I know you are a Cowboy honk, and I will be the first to admit, I was completely wrong about Saquan, as I didn't see special in college, but that dude is legit, probably the best back in the league arguably, Faulk, LT category no doubt

Zeke is great back, but I see him as a Curtis Martin category when its said and done and thats not a bad thing

I probably make the playoffs in my auction league if they do this trade a few weeks earlier :mad:

sorry bro, but his statement is true, I know you are a Cowboy honk, and I will be the first to admit, I was completely wrong about Saquan, as I didn't see special in college, but that dude is legit, probably the best back in the league arguably, Faulk, LT category no doubt

Zeke is great back, but I see him as a Curtis Martin category when its said and done and thats not a bad thing

When he passes up Zeke let me know.

I think he's legit as well, but still.

When he passes up Zeke let me know.

I think he's legit as well, but still.

Letting you know. Right now.

Letting you know. Right now.

Zeke 1262

Gurley 1203

Saquon 1124

Offensive line

Haha......there it goes :doh: Our offensive line SUCKS right now.

Just like Emmitt huh? :first:

Zeke 1262

Gurley 1203

Saquon 1124

um rushing yards??? really?? its not the 70's bro

total yards

Zeke 1764

Saquan 1753

YPC

Zeke 4.7

Saquan 5.4

TD

Zeke 9

Saquan 13

Receptions

Zeke 65

Saquan 78

FUMBLES

Zeke 4

Saquan 0

I would be willing to bet, not a single GM in football would take Zeke over Saquan

• Like 1

um rushing yards??? really?? its not the 70's bro

total yards

Zeke 1764

Saquan 1753

YPC

Zeke 4.7

Saquan 5.4

TD

Zeke 9

Saquan 13

Receptions

Zeke 65

Saquan 78

FUMBLES

Zeke 4

Saquan 0

I would be willing to bet, not a single GM in football would take Zeke over Saquan

Oh FF points?........this isn't the 90's Bro :P

And YES......I was referring to rushing yards.

I'm not going to continue this silly conversation, you guys may be right........time will tell.

* Besides......we've got the better WR :lol:

Oh FF points?........this isn't the 90's Bro :P

And YES......I was referring to rushing yards.

I'm not going to continue this silly conversation, you guys may be right........time will tell.

* Besides......we've got the better WR :lol:

:doh:

I am not talking fantasy

also WR lol

:doh:

I am not talking fantasy

also WR lol

Oh and I forgot QB :thumbsup:

Given Zeke's troubled past and the fact his rookie deal is about up - I think Barkley is clearly more desirable... But just from an on-the-field standpoint, who cares? You're picking between a Porsche and a Ferrari - take whichever, I'll grab the other.

The real mystery to me is Amari - where in the hell did this come from, why didn't he do this in Oak?

Given Zeke's troubled past and the fact his rookie deal is about up - I think Barkley is clearly more desirable... But just from an on-the-field standpoint, who cares? You're picking between a Porsche and a Ferrari - take whichever, I'll grab the other.

The real mystery to me is Amari - where in the hell did this come from, why didn't he do this in Oak?

The other teams didn't leave him wide open in Oakland?

The other teams didn't leave him wide open in Oakland?

I really don't know, I'd love to hear from some Oak peeps or FF's who followed him more closely than I... It makes no sense that Cooper all of the sudden found life with Dak chunking him bricks.

I do know football people are praising Amari's footwork and route precision - something Dez never had... And as far as I can recall, Cooper has only dropped 1 catchable ball so far. :dunno:

I really don't know, I'd love to hear from some Oak peeps or FF's who followed him more closely than I... It makes no sense that Cooper all of the sudden found life with Dak chunking him bricks.

I do know football people are praising Amari's footwork and route precision - something Dez never had... And as far as I can recall, Cooper has only dropped 1 catchable ball so far. :dunno:

it's simple to me.

he stopped giving a sh1t in Oakland. Got traded and was rejuvenated.

Really shows how far Dez had fallen too. For Amari to come in and dominate

They just weren't getting him enough targets. In the two games at Oakland he had 10+ targets he his stat line was 10/116 & 8/128 and only 10 targets in the five other games. Get him the ball he's a playmaker, he'll make the rest happen.

• Like 1

He wasnt bad in the mess the is oakland. He came in and prduced right away to the tune of 2 1000 yard seasons. Look at this year. When oakland targeted him he went off twice.

He was an elite talent coming out of college. Does everyone not remember? It wasnt that long ago.

He is just entering his prime.

This idea that he all of a sudden turned into a bum is all fantasy football based. Nerds got mad.

Didnt think hed come to dallas and do what he has with dak. But the idea that he sucked was so off and baseless.

I'm not buying it. I saw a few broken plays and a tipped ball. In a battle between Carr and Dak I'm taking Carr. I think Amari is soft.

I'm not buying it. I saw a few broken plays and a tipped ball. In a battle between Carr and Dak I'm taking Carr. I think Amari is soft.

All I can say is, something is in the air. I higher power, Jerry sold what soul he had left, magic dust - something.

Dallas is dead and Red's and Linehan's heads are sitting on the block - then all of the sudden diving intervention........Dak is fumbling the ball left and right, damn near all of them bounce right back to him - Dallas gets horrific blown calls in their favor - Dallas gets tipped balls caught for game wining TDs - Dallas catches Philly with a 4th string secondary - Dallas catches Washington with Mark Sanchez......... Dallas runs off 5 straight. It's crazy.

All I can say is, something is in the air. I higher power, Jerry sold what soul he had left, magic dust - something.

Dallas is dead and Red's and Linehan's heads are sitting on the block - then all of the sudden diving intervention........Dak is fumbling the ball left and right, damn near all of them bounce right back to him - Dallas gets horrific blown calls in their favor - Dallas gets tipped balls caught for game wining TDs - Dallas catches Philly with a 4th string secondary - Dallas catches Washington with Mark Sanchez......... Dallas runs off 5 straight. It's crazy.

My grandpas favorite saying when hustling pool.

Id rather be lucky than good.

Buying what? That he is the next coming of Jerry Rice and will keep these stats up for seasons? No.

That he is a legit #1 in this league who isnt even 25 years old yet? Why wouldnt you buy that?

• Like 1

I dunno if hes soft but hes definitely inconsistent. He could barely hold onto the ball a few games back.

Having said that, what NFL WR isnt? Even the best get shut down, nicked up or lose their faggoty minds on the sidelines occasionally.

Buying what? That he is the next coming of Jerry Rice and will keep these stats up for seasons? No.

That he is a legit #1 in this league who isnt even 25 years old yet? Why wouldnt you buy that?

Thats he's a big time player worth a first round pick and a salary cap hit.

Philly has more problems than their secondary, which was a big weakness to begin with. They can start by looking at the guy under center. They may go down as the worst team to ever win a suoerbowl. We'll see how it plays out next year. Right now it looks like they lucked out dodging the saints last year.