Sign in to follow this  
iam90sbaby

Dear White People

I can barely make it to the end of the linked review, normally I wouldn't even want to start reading it as I'm so incredibly fed up with this race shaming nonsense, but felt it necessary to post in the thread.

I get how there was racial discrimination that became illegal before I was born and I don't want to bring it back. Sign me up for judging people based on the content of their character not the color of their skin. I want race blindness and equal justice before the law. The goals being fought for in the 60s, are goals that I agree with fully. I don't feel I'm better than anyone else and I don't like racists of my own race or those of other colors. Good grief, I'm married to an Asian and had been engaged previously to a dark skinned black woman. How lousy a racist am I considering I voted for the black guy for president twice?

It would seem to me that these societal problems are cured and all that's left is a backlash against SJWs overstepping and pushing too hard. These people still looking for things to get offended about are more often than not griping about imaginary problems. You won and I'm happy for you. We're fifty years out now and we all agree it was wrong. You can put down the sign now and get over it and let's all get together. There's no more victories to be had and no more enemies to fight. I'm pleased you have your full fair share, Just please stop pushing for more and more than equal, stop guilt-tripping me, and go fock off instead. You're equal to me, bless you, you're not more equal than me, fock off.

• Like 1

Arrive on Netflix. I will try to watch it this weekend and let you know whether your griping is warranted or if you're being a bunch of snowflake t1tty babies.

I can't wait to tell my great grandkids how I survived America in the early 2000s as a white man. Its a tough tough road

Ha this is America 2017.

Phil jackson calls lebrons friends his "posse" and there is outrage and racism allegations.

Show called Dear White people comes out which isnt flattering to white people and racist and we're supposed to "watch it before determining " and its "just satire".

Just because we have it easier or an easier road doesnt mean you should applogize for your successes or be allowed to be used as a punchline.

• Like 2

or be allowed to be used as a punchline.

That would be terrible if some group were used as a punchline. It's just not politically correct. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Black people are racist too.. I've spent a lot of time with many.

Arrive on Netflix. I will try to watch it this weekend and let you know whether your griping is warranted or if you're being a bunch of snowflake t1tty babies.

Cool. Just don't post it in your "official" movie thread. No one will see it.

Cool. Just don't post it in your "official" movie thread. No one will see it.

You will. The thread has over 1,000 views and you've probably posted in it more than anyone but me.

You will. The thread has over 1,000 views and you've probably posted in it more than anyone but me.

Sad

So, I watched it last night. The movie takes place on a fictitious Ivy League campus and follows four different black students around. The plot is really schematic and didn't seem to be going in any one direction for a while. I I had to describe it I would say it's about four educate blacks trying to figure out what it means to be black in the white world of academia.

You have Troy the president of a traditionally black residence hall and an Uncle Tom who blacks it up of dials it down depending on who he's with. Sam the female black activist who is sensitive about being mixed race and secretly dating a white guy. Lionel the gay guy who doesn't fit in anywhere and is uncomfortable around other black people. And Coco the smoking hot ghetto black chick who is trying to get on a reality TV show? I dunno. She was hot.

The title comes from a radio broadcast by Sam where she drops pithy advice to white people like "Dear white people, the minimum # of black people you need to not be racist is now 2," and "Dear white people, if you're saying African American instead of just black you obviously just want to call us n-gger$" etc.

I really couldn't tell what the tone of the movie was here but I think we were supposed to half agree with Sam and half roll our eyes at how over the top militants she is? I don't know. Probably more of the former than the latter.

The white people are all pretty repugnant from the white president to his son, who organizes a "black party" at his frat where they listen to rap, wear blackface and dress like they're in the hood etc. Oddly Sam's secret white boyfriend is a really positive character and the only one who ever calls her out on her bullsh1t, "You have a point but the way you go about expressing it is so offensive that people tune out etc" paraphrasing here.

It all leads up to the aforementioned party which is at least partly encouraged by Sam and another black character who then hypocritically film it as evidence of white racism. Sam makes the valid argument that hundreds of students didn't have to participate in it but my sympathy for her sort of flew out the window at the end.

FWIW the end credits show images of actual minstrel type parties at multiple campuses over the past 5-10 years so that part at least is based in some fact.

This movie to me came off like a really ambitious and sloppy first effort by a talented writer / director who tried to shoehorn too many ideas into one film and didn't really pull them off well. It was primarily interested in the black characters but even they were broad caricatures. Some of its better observations - like the black guy who acts more or less black to help himself and the gay guy who fits in nowhere - were pretty fresh but underdeveloped. I have no interaction with these super rich Ivy League types so I really can't say I recognized this setting at all.

I'd give it a charitable 6/10. Not a movie I would watch again but not a waste of time. It actually is pretty bigoted toward a certain kind of entitled white person and therefore not recommended to crybaby snowflakes who were triggered by the title. :wave:

Sad

I agree: Pretending to be a cop / Marine and posting 100+ sissy slapfighty posts per day is sad Hardcuck Pilot. :(

• Like 1

I agree: Pretending to be a cop / Marine and posting 100+ sissy slapfighty posts per day is sad Hardcuck Pilot. :(

No pretending cupcake. Sorry it bothers you.

No pretending cupcake. Sorry it bothers you.

That means immediately after RP left another pedantic doosh showed up, posting 100+ sissy slapfight posts a day arguing with the exact same posters calling them the same names (Columbo) etc. I suppose that's possible. :lol:

That means immediately after RP left another pedantic doosh showed up, posting 100+ sissy slapfight posts a day arguing with the exact same posters calling them the same names (Columbo) etc. I suppose that's possible. :lol:

Oh god, this again? Like I have offered before, put your money where your mouth is. I will.

Oh god, this again? Like I have offered before, put your money where your mouth is. I will.

Last time you said you could prove you're a cop Marine. Go right ahead RP. Prove it.

Last time you said you could prove you're a cop Marine. Go right ahead RP. Prove it.

Gladly. Put up some dough. Because otherwise I find it amusing how jealous you are. You should be though, it was some ride. Your life seems to have been a giant bore

Gladly. Put up some dough. Because otherwise I find it amusing how jealous you are. You should be though, it was some ride. Your life seems to have been a giant bore

I wouldn't be jealous of your life even if I thought your stories were true, which I don't. :lol:

I wouldn't be jealous of your life even if I thought your stories were true, which I don't. :lol:

Never mind what I've done, if you knew what my pension was your head would explode. Never mind the nearly free health benefits. Great ones at that. And let's not forget the veterans reduction on my property and school tax. Plus no speeding tickets. It's pretty sweet. Earned it though.

Never mind what I've done, if you knew what my pension was your head would explode. Never mind the nearly free health benefits. Great ones at that. And let's not forget the veterans reduction on my property and school tax. Plus no speeding tickets. It's pretty sweet. Earned it though.

Cool story RP.

So, I watched it last night. The movie takes place on a fictitious Ivy League campus and follows four different black students around. The plot is really schematic and didn't seem to be going in any one direction for a while. I I had to describe it I would say it's about four educate blacks trying to figure out what it means to be black in the white world of academia.

You have Troy the president of a traditionally black residence hall and an Uncle Tom who blacks it up of dials it down depending on who he's with. Sam the female black activist who is sensitive about being mixed race and secretly dating a white guy. Lionel the gay guy who doesn't fit in anywhere and is uncomfortable around other black people. And Coco the smoking hot ghetto black chick who is trying to get on a reality TV show? I dunno. She was hot.

The title comes from a radio broadcast by Sam where she drops pithy advice to white people like "Dear white people, the minimum # of black people you need to not be racist is now 2," and "Dear white people, if you're saying African American instead of just black you obviously just want to call us n-gger$" etc.

I really couldn't tell what the tone of the movie was here but I think we were supposed to half agree with Sam and half roll our eyes at how over the top militants she is? I don't know. Probably more of the former than the latter.

The white people are all pretty repugnant from the white president to his son, who organizes a "black party" at his frat where they listen to rap, wear blackface and dress like they're in the hood etc. Oddly Sam's secret white boyfriend is a really positive character and the only one who ever calls her out on her bullsh1t, "You have a point but the way you go about expressing it is so offensive that people tune out etc" paraphrasing here.

It all leads up to the aforementioned party which is at least partly encouraged by Sam and another black character who then hypocritically film it as evidence of white racism. Sam makes the valid argument that hundreds of students didn't have to participate in it but my sympathy for her sort of flew out the window at the end.

FWIW the end credits show images of actual minstrel type parties at multiple campuses over the past 5-10 years so that part at least is based in some fact.

This movie to me came off like a really ambitious and sloppy first effort by a talented writer / director who tried to shoehorn too many ideas into one film and didn't really pull them off well. It was primarily interested in the black characters but even they were broad caricatures. Some of its better observations - like the black guy who acts more or less black to help himself and the gay guy who fits in nowhere - were pretty fresh but underdeveloped. I have no interaction with these super rich Ivy League types so I really can't say I recognized this setting at all.

I'd give it a charitable 6/10. Not a movie I would watch again but not a waste of time. It actually is pretty bigoted toward a certain kind of entitled white person and therefore not recommended to crybaby snowflakes who were triggered by the title. :wave:

So it's a movie illustrating how terrible white people are. Thank god you watched it to find that out.

So it's a movie illustrating how terrible white people are. Thank god you watched it to find that out.

:lol: OK snowflake.

Maybe you should at the very least read about the movie if not actually see it before getting triggered, Snowflake?

Aw.................A SJW. How much time you spend in the hood, apologizing for all your ancestors? Do BLM more than WLM?

Ha this is America 2017.

Phil jackson calls lebrons friends his "posse" and there is outrage and racism allegations.

Show called Dear White people comes out which isnt flattering to white people and racist and we're supposed to "watch it before determining " and its "just satire".

This. Just more double standard from the P.C. crowd and SJWs like MDC.

Am I offended? No. Frankly I find it humorous that anyone would actually watch this garbage. Then again, people bought pet rocks too.

Aw.................A SJW. How much time you spend in the hood, apologizing for all your ancestors? Do BLM more than WLM?

This. Just more double standard from the P.C. crowd and SJWs like MDC.

Am I offended? No. Frankly I find it humorous that anyone would actually watch this garbage. Then again, people bought pet rocks too.

An SJW because he expects you may educate yourself in a topic before bitching about it? I mean...there could always be a first time for you to try that...more like MDCis a dreamer for thinking you would ever not just spout off ignorant garbage.

Says the b!tchy SJW. Go cry in your focking Starbucks latte. :wave:

You're the one sobbing about a m-m-m-movie you haven't seen! :cry:

Do you also get mad when black comedians make fun of the way you dance, Sally? :lol:

An SJW because he expects you may educate yourself in a topic before bitching about it? I mean...there could always be a first time for you to try that...more like MDCis a dreamer for thinking you would ever not just spout off ignorant garbage.

Some things are self evident that need no investigating to know it's not worth my time.

You're the one sobbing about a m-m-m-movie you haven't seen! :cry:

Do you also get mad when black comedians make fun of the way you dance, Sally? :lol:

Man, how do you walk around with so much guilt and white privilege? Does it make you sad when you see a white guy in a suit? Or a group of whites and nary a black to be found?

Keep apologizing for whites though sunshine. I think you should go to the hood with a safety pin on to let them know 'You're on their side'.

Some things are self evident that need no investigating to know it's not worth my time.

Man, how do you walk around with so much guilt and white privilege? Does it make you sad when you see a white guy in a suit? Or a group of whites and nary a black to be found?

Keep apologizing for whites though sunshine. I think you should go to the hood with a safety pin on to let them know 'You're on their side'.

I don't feel any guilt at all. I just think you're a fvcking crybaby.

HTH

• Like 1

I don't feel any guilt at all. I just think you're a fvcking crybaby.

HTH

I'd be bitter too if I were you. Must be hard walking around saying sorry to all the black people. Aren't you in Philly too? Damn, that might take all day.

Wait... What?

I thought this was a Thank You letter.

Don't forget Bring up stories And facts From months and even years prior to Hardcore being invented.

Don't forget Bring up stories And facts From months and even years prior to Hardcore being invented.

My favorite was when HT would insist that he and RP overlapped. As if there's nothing strange about one pedantic 100+ post per day dooshnozzle lurking relatively quiet on this board and only getting active immediately after another pedantic 100+ ppd dooshnozzle gets banned. HT and RP overlapped and despite sharing a brain they need once had a conversation?

What timing. :doh:

Consider the odd that someone who spends every day here being an utter pedantic right wing troll for 100+ posts per day could either 1) overlap with another poster who has the exact same schtick without ever engaging this person in a dialogue or 2) begin actively posting immediately after this person leaves by pure chance.

What are we talking - 1 or 2 million to one?

Now consider the likelihood that in the history of this forearm these two are the only pisters here ever to refer to someone else as "Columbo." At this point the odds that HT does not = RP are longer than your odds of winning the lottery.

We're dealing with a very sick and pitiful little man here. :(

Consider the odd that someone who spends every day here being an utter pedantic right wing troll for 100+ posts per day could either 1) overlap with another poster who has the exact same schtick without ever engaging this person in a dialogue or 2) begin actively posting immediately after this person leaves by pure chance.

What are we talking - 1 or 2 million to one?

Now consider the likelihood that in the history of this forearm these two are the only pisters here ever to refer to someone else as "Columbo." At this point the odds that HT does not = RP are longer than your odds of winning the lottery.

We're dealing with a very sick and pitiful little man here. :(

I'll take those odds. Want to bet?

I'll take those odds. Want to bet?

I just throw that out there for the benefit of the group. You're free to prove me wrong or not, I really don't give a fvck RP. :wave:

I just throw that out there for the benefit of the group. You're free to prove me wrong or not, I really don't give a fvck RP. :wave:

Ah ha. Yeah, everyone was waiting for your take on things. You're so sure yet you won't accept the challenge. Puzzy