Sign in to follow this  
Cuse9

Chad Ocho Cinco to Raiders

No link yet, but it's coming!!

The Bengals also got a pick...I think it said second rounder.

*Edit* I heard this on a sports radio talk show on the way back from Toledo today, so that's why I have no link!

No one is reporting this, i checked all the news sites.

If that was true the bengals ripped the raiders off. Micheal Bush is the real deal, he would of been a first round pick had he not shattered his leg his senior year. Bush put up 180 yards on the ground week 17 against a buccaneers team that was playing for a playoff spot.

It is now being reported as fact by Bleacher Report in an article by Kushy Williams...don't know if it is reliable:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/150469-...de-michael-bush

"My sources are confirming that the Raiders are shipping Micheal Bush after all.

The Raiders have been working on a package with the Cincinnati Bengals for a couple days now.

Finally, a couple hours ago, the Raiders worked out a deal to send Micheal Bush and a second round pick to Cincy for Chad Johnson.

Chad Johnson was unhappy in Cincinnati, and didn't go to camp again this year. The Bengals realized that this was going nowhere with him. In desperate need of reliable talent, they put him on the the trading block for a running back."

I found this: Raiders Trade Michael Bush

My sources are confirming that the Raiders are shipping Micheal Bush after all.

The Raiders have been working on a package with the Cincinnati Bengals for a couple days now.

Finally, a couple hours ago, the Raiders worked out a deal to send Micheal Bush and a second round pick to Cincy for Chad Johnson.

I still can't tell if it's considered true or not though. You'd think ESPN would know about it by now if it was.

MTSkiBum Posted Today, 05:12 PM

No one is reporting this, i checked all the news sites.

Damn I'm good, I even beat the internet reports!

If true, it's another in a long line of colossal blunders by Oakland. Johnson is washed up, and won't play hard in a losing situation. Bush is a star in the making.

If true, it's another in a long line of colossal blunders by Oakland. Johnson is washed up, and won't play hard in a losing situation. Bush is a star in the making.

Yeah, worked well for 'em with Moss, didn't it?

Walker too, I suppose.

Just win baby!

Davis loves the long pass....that's what Ocho does well. Perfect fit.

Just win baby!

Davis loves the long pass....that's what Ocho does well. Perfect fit.

Not any more he doesn't.

Johnson's career is largely a product of Housh's ability to draw substantial coverage. He's got little left in the tank, and is a crappy blocker on a team that will still rely on running the ball. Additionally, of all the RB on their roster (and I like both Fargas and McFadden), Bush has/had the most upside imo.

As for Davis? He's long past the point where he can make intelligent personnel decisions.

Not any more he doesn't.

Johnson's career is largely a product of Housh's ability to draw substantial coverage. He's got little left in the tank, and is a crappy blocker on a team that will still rely on running the ball. Additionally, of all the RB on their roster (and I like both Fargas and McFadden), Bush has/had the most upside imo.

As for Davis? He's long past the point where he can make intelligent personnel decisions.

I think you have it backwards, Housh's production was because of Johnsons ability. 85 had one bad year, go back and look at the stats, he was pretty focking good.

Ocho Sucko couldn't land in a better place to finish out his career. That worthless pile of ###### languishing with Jafatass Russell and the suctitude of the raiders.

:thumbsdown:

Good trade for both sides, especially if the Bengals get a pick out of it too. Benson isn't the answer at RB, but in a committee with Bush they might have a decent running game. And with Coles on board the Bengals have a decent WR, but no TE and the #2 WR will be kind of rough. But, they get rid of a cancer.

I'm not sure Ocho will do much on a run-first team with Russell throwing to him. Not exactly a recipe for success. But the Raiders badly needed a veteran WR. So, downgrade Benson, Johnson, and Palmer after this trade. Not great for fantasy, but the teams are probably better off.

Nice move on Cincy's part. Now the Raiduhs, that's a different story alltogether. I'm a Jamarcus Russell owner and I don't think it helps his progression at all.

Nice move on Cincy's part. Now the Raiduhs, that's a different story alltogether. I'm a Jamarcus Russell owner and I don't think it helps his progression at all.

It's got to help. CJ is very talented, I just can't focking stand him anymore. He is truly awesome along the sidelines. His footwork is phenomenal.

I fear that the Bungles will be taking a closer look at Crabtree instead of a OT now.

The trade would have been great for Michael Bush and for Cincy, but unfortunately the report is likely bogus.

I quote from a very reliable source (from Raiderfans.net) who has connections to the Raider's players and agents and who personally spoke to both Michael Bush AND his agent:

"Guys, I just confirmed that Michael Bush is not going any where. In fact he wanted the Raider Nation to know he is staying put right here in Oakland and is very happy being a Raider. Not my words, his!"

"By the way, Todd France,( Michael's agent), does not know this guy [the guy who broke the 'story'] at all and the scene described at the facility never happened."

It is now being reported as fact by Bleacher Report in an article by Kushy Williams...don't know if it is reliable:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/150469-...de-michael-bush

"My sources are confirming that the Raiders are shipping Micheal Bush after all.

Chad Johnson was unhappy in Cincinnati, and didn't go to camp again this year. The Bengals realized that this was going nowhere with him. In desperate need of reliable talent, they put him on the the trading block for a running back."

It's being reported as humor, not fact.

"by Kushy Williams [HUMOR] - 6533 reads - Humor"

There is also a rumor about Ocho going to Phili. Highly doubt that any of these are reliable. The same site had the Redskins trading for Cutler. All rumors.

Turning their whiny, overrated, prima donna WR into Bush wasn't a bad move. Not as nice as landing 2 first round picks....but still good value.

I wonder if this veteran acquisition will actually make it to the end of the season with the Raiders. What a focking mess.

You guys know this didn't happen right? Some people are acting like the trade went down. It hasn't even been reported as rumor on any of the major sites.

You guys know this didn't happen right? Some people are acting like the trade went down. It hasn't even been reported as rumor on any of the major sites.

Yes....looking more and more like total bull crap. The "author" of the article apparently had only been a Bleacher report member for a short time prior to posting his "story", and the article now has "rumor" pasted all over it.....whereas it didn't at first. Definitly has no credibility at this point.

I guess the Bungles couldn't be so lucky.

I think you have it backwards, Housh's production was because of Johnsons ability. 85 had one bad year, go back and look at the stats, he was pretty focking good.

Operative word being "was".

Housh has been the better WR there for 2-3 seasons.

There is also a rumor about Ocho going to Phili.

Dear Lord no. Ocho Cinco is a train wreck - no thanks.

Operative word being "was".

Housh has been the better WR there for 2-3 seasons.

Housh was the better WR last year. The previous years Housh did have better numbers but this was more because of Chad than TJ. Chad took a huge step back last season but the other years Housh benefited from Chad more than Chad benefited from Housh.

Housh was the better WR last year. The previous years Housh did have better numbers but this was more because of Chad than TJ. Chad took a huge step back last season but the other years Housh benefited from Chad more than Chad benefited from Housh.

Your opinion differs from mine. No doubt Johnson was a very good WR, but I believe it's been a couple years since he was a more effective weapon than TJ. 3rd down conversions, red zone targets, % catches vs thrown to, all favor Housh during that time frame. Johnson was flashier, his routes dictated more opportunities for big plays, and his mouth garnered more attention, but I think Housh was the more valuable player.

Wait...is this serious? I still haven't seen any news about this. But I do approve of Bengals getting rid of CJ if they want to start building for the future.