Sign in to follow this  
GridironGuzzlers

Why would you post

If your team is stacked, so what. It should be. If it's not, you look like an idiot. I've always done 12-team leagues until last year. Had 3 guys drop out of my league late and was only able to add 1. After the draft I was so happy with my team, until I looked at everyone else's team. It's amazing what a difference it is to go from 10 to 12. This year- back up to 12 in 2 leagues

QB RB 2WR 2 flex TE K D , ind. ret yds/tds count

10th pick

McNabb, Edwards

Grant, R.Bush, Benson, F.Jones

Fitz, Moss, TO, Hester, Chambers, Harvin

Olsen, Celek

SD

Carney

QB 2RB 2WR flex TE K D

6th pick

Gerrard, Edwards

D.Will, Grant, Rice, F.Jax, Wells, Mendenhall

Moss, Wayne, Holmes, Berrian

Keller

SD

Akers

If your team is stacked, so what. It should be. If it's not, you look like an idiot. I've always done 12-team leagues until last year. Had 3 guys drop out of my league late and was only able to add 1. After the draft I was so happy with my team, until I looked at everyone else's team. It's amazing what a difference it is to go from 10 to 12. This year- back up to 12 in 2 leagues

10th pick

McNabb, Edwards

Olsen, Celek

SD

Carney

QB 2RB 2WR flex TE K D

6th pick

Gerrard, Edwards

Keller

SD

Akers

In 15 yrs of playing the game I have participated in only one 10 team laugher. Those that commish 10 teamers may argue that league rules and starting parameters can somehow justify and equalize the inferior opponent requirement, but it just never does.

Feel free to waste your time in these leagues, no sweat of my back, just dont waste everyones time on a serious FF forum asking questions about a 10 team lame a$$ league.

If you have to ask any questions regarding team management, than you probably shouldnt even be playing in any league other than a public yahoo.

In case you havent got the update..................

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, cares about your 10 team league.... why should they,,, my dog can draft and win in that format.

In 15 yrs of playing the game I have participated in only one 10 team laugher. Those that commish 10 teamers may argue that league rules and starting parameters can somehow justify and equalize the inferior opponent requirement, but it just never does.

Feel free to waste your time in these leagues, no sweat of my back, just dont waste everyones time on a serious FF forum asking questions about a 10 team lame a$$ league.

If you have to ask any questions regarding team management, than you probably shouldnt even be playing in any league other than a public yahoo.

In case you havent got the update..................

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, cares about your 10 team league.... why should they,,, my dog can draft and win in that format.

Yeah 10 teamers suck.......oh wait I'm in a ten teamer......have been with mostly the same guys for TWENTY-FIVE years......still and has always been challenging and competitive. Many of our members have been in or are in 12-16 team leagues but ALL recognize ours as the most competitive. Get over yourselves. I guess if you assume 1/4 of any league's members are dead money.....then yes 10 teamers are lame.......but that would make our 10 teamer more competitive and as challenging as most 12 teamers...... because ALL of our members are very experienced active owners.

That being said......ALL "rate my team" posts suck.....I could care less about your 12, 14, or 16 team draft!

Yeah 10 teamers suck.......oh wait I'm in a ten teamer......have been with mostly the same guys for TWENTY-FIVE years......still and has always been challenging and competitive. Many of our members have been in or are in 12-16 team leagues but ALL recognize ours as the most competitive. Get over yourselves. I guess if you assume 1/4 of any league's members are dead money.....then yes 10 teamers are lame.......but that would make our 10 teamer more competitive and as challenging as most 12 teamers...... because ALL or our members are very experienced active owners.

POW!!!

Yeah 10 teamers suck.......oh wait I'm in a ten teamer......have been with mostly the same guys for TWENTY-FIVE years......still and has always been challenging and competitive. Many of our members have been in or are in 12-16 team leagues but ALL recognize ours as the most competitive. Get over yourselves. I guess if you assume 1/4 of any league's members are dead money.....then yes 10 teamers are lame.......but that would make our 10 teamer more competitive and as challenging as most 12 teamers...... because ALL or our members are very experienced active owners.

Good,,, enjoy yourself.

There is absolutely no reason to come to this forum or any FF forum and try and justify any reason to ask for team management advice for any ten team league...never, no matter what your guru commish has set up. lol

Seriously.

LOL - I play in 10,12 and a 16 team leagues. I can assure you that I care less about your opinions or 12 team rosters than you care about my 10 ten league.

LOL. Seriously.

I 100 percent agree with 10 team leagues sucking hairy ball sacs. It's ok if you like 'em. Most guys don't.

Good,,, enjoy yourself.

There is absolutely no reason to come to this forum or any FF forum and try and justify any reason to ask for team management advice for any ten team league...never, no matter what your guru commish has set up. lol

Seriously.

lol our league went down to 10 teams this year (late cancels), I have been toying with the idea of having a "kitty" team, that is a team of the top performers of the waiver wire each week and if your team doesnt score higher than that team you lose, so basically your playing whatever team you play each week AND the top waiver wire scorers each week until the playoffs, I would need to track it for a year to see if it would work but I think it's a cool idea to make things more interesting.

I don't know why I even bothered to post my team for comments (http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=349170), but I did and everyone in those 10 team leagues blasted it. I've been running a 14 team league for the last 7 or 8 years and its the only way to do it. What fun is it to have teams that consist of all stud players. You don't even have to do any research in those leagues...just follow the standard cheatsheets. In a 14 team league, if you don't get a RB in the first two rounds, about 20-25 of them have already been taken by the time you are picking yours. Hell, by my second round pick, about 16 RB's were already off the board.

10th pick

McNabb, Edwards

Olsen, Celek

SD

Carney

QB 2RB 2WR flex TE K D

6th pick

Gerrard, Edwards

Keller

SD

Akers

I don't care if it's 8, 10, 12, 14, 18 or 20 teams....going WR / WR with your first two picks, no matter where you pick, is just plain stupid. You'll be looking for RB's all year in that top listed team.

I don't care if it's 8, 10, 12, 14, 18 or 20 teams....going WR / WR with your first two picks, no matter where you pick, is just plain stupid. You'll be looking for RB's all year in that top listed team.

Not to steal the thunder from a fellow jags fan but unless he typed his starters wrong he is only required to start 1 RB (with 2 flex) in that league so in that case going WR/WR is ok, especially since he said that return yards/td count because he got a few premium return men.

also Take it to the Help board OP.

I'm only in one 10-team league (of my 4 leagues) and it's a dynasty league for friends/family. About 2/3rds of the league is competitive, but I agree that it's kind of a joke.

This is my team:

QB: Brady, Cutler, Flacco

RB: Peterson, Forte, Jackson, Slaton, Portis, Washington, Sproles

WR: Boldin, Bowe, Marshall, Evans, Berrian, Nicks, Robinson, Britt, Camarillo, Schilens

TE: Cooley, Daniels, Z. Miller

K: Crosby

D/ST: Jets

The sad thing is my dynasty curse has followed me to this league, and while I always make the playoffs, I can never seem to win the championship.

Most of you numbnuts who are hatin' in this thread couldn't win a 10-teamer, just like you rarely or never win your 12, 14 or 16 teamer. It apparently makes you feel better to slam the ten-teamers when, in fact, it is likely your own fantasy football ineptitude that is causing your obvious insecurities.

Am I crazy about 10 teamers? No.

Is one of my several leagues a 10 teamer? Yes.

Am I ashamed of that fact? No.

Is it also difficult to win a 10 teamer against serious/experienced owners? Yes.

Do I care what your opinion of my fantasy pursuits is? No.

This is a fanatsy football forum. Seriously. LOL.

someone break down a 10 team vs 12 team and why one is better than the other

It's all relative as everyone in the league plays by the same rules. To really answer your question...If you have 10 managers, then a 10 team league is better than a 12 team league. If you have 12 managers, then a 12 team league may be the best option.

Try reading before you comment -- only have to start 1 RB, but 2 WR, 2 flex and returns count (Bush, Hester)

Try reading before you comment -- only have to start 1 RB, but 2 WR, 2 flex and returns count (Bush, Hester)

Bush only returns punts and would need to break one every week...all 4 that he will play this year...to put up stats for you in the return game. Maybe you should go READ the depth chart in Chicago...Hester stopped returing kicks midway through last season. Again, he needs a punt return every week to help you. Just remember "I told you so" in a couple of months. You are welcome.

I'm in a two team league with my mom. We start 8 QBs and 12 runningbacks/wide receivers and 16 flex players. It's super duper competitive.

First of all, it is fairly well known that I believe "rate my team" posts of any league size should be banned from this board. Most who post "rate my team" posts are seeking one thing only - validation - because they are insecure about their draft ability and want to be told "nice job". I don't think anyone who posts a "rate my team" really wants to be told that their team is a hopeless piece of dog sh1t. So I refuse to respond to those posts.

I generally don't respond to posts where the primary purpose is putting down guys who own teams in 8 or 10 team leagues either, but with such a large response, this post raised my ire such that I just had to vent a little.

My first fantasy team, many years ago - the "madd futher muckers" was in an eight team league. I learned a little about fantasy football, but more importantly I had fun.

8 team, 10 team 12, 14, or 20 teamer - or even a 2 team competitive league with your mom - doesn't matter. Guys, if you have fun and learn a little, then it is all good and don’t let some pompous arrogant air head tmake you feel inferior or try to tell you different!

My question is to Gridiron Guzzlers - why in the world would you start such a lame-azz post? And of course Typhus' response was even worse. How f'ing arrogant can you be? (Typhus, your dog can very probably draft better than you can anyway.)

Why did you actually create a thread ripping 10 team leagues and then follow it up by posting your nobody cares roster?

After seeing your team, I wished I could have been one of the fill in spots and taken over as comissioner of that league. Not because I wanted to win but because I then could get a check from you with your address on it, come over to your front door and punch you in the grill in front of your boyfriend and mother.

But then they would probably quit the league and we would be down to 8. That would really really suck and probably see another pointless thread from you. Great.

I play in a 47 team league. Why 47 you ask? Because there are 47 countries in Africa.

I think everyone who plays in anything less that 45 is lame to the max and should be neutered, dressed up in a moo-moo and be forced to perform as a Parisian mime acting out a skit about shaving a billy goat while eating raspberry crepes.

But on a serious note, who really cares about how many teams are in someone else's league? The competition level is going to be relative to how many people there are. If you're in an eight team league, then everyone should have a stacked lineup filled with pro-bowl caliber players. If you play in a 16 team league, then the overall talent density per roster decreases and thus you'd have to rely off more lower-end potential sleeper picks.

Besides, it's not like you in your 12 team league has to match up every week against someone from an eight man league. Just to clarify things, I play in a 10 team league and am very excited about the upcoming season. To each his own...

Seriously, what's with the superiority complex of 12+ team leagues over 10/8 team leagues?

I'm no fan of 10/8 myself, but last I checked FF was about fun first.

So if 8 guys have been friends their entire lives and have been in a league for 10-20 years that should be frowned upon?

While others who play in half a dozen leagues with folks they don't know and have no real connection/camaradarie/etc. so they don't do anything during fall/winter but check stats/websites/news and would rather sit in front of cpu than actually watch a game with friends is cool?

:rolleyes:

The latter being a bit flippant of course, but pt still holds.

I've been fortunate to be in a 12 teamer since 2000 that still has 9 of it's original members and the other 3 have been in at least 5 years now.

And of course if we lost people we'd try to replace but if it came down to 10 or 8 I'd still play and still have fun, as these are guys I hang with, get together during the season, during offseason, etc.

This thread is the hugest pile of **** that I've seen in some time. What a moron this dude is. Not to mention his team blows the hugest donkey balls that I've ever seen. B)

I do more 12 team leagues than I do 10, but 10 team leagues are just as fun and challenging as 12 team leagues as long as you have experienced and committed players. Do the fing math numbnuts. It still ends up being just as equally challenging because those other 9 teams should have just as good of a team as you.

I could go on, but I'll leave it at this. I've won more 12 team leagues than I have 10. And I've only played the 12 team league like 5 more times than the ESPN 10 teams.

The only league I really care about is a 10 team dynasty work league. The fun comes from building a solid team from year to year and trash talking with work buddies. No one has won back to back since 1998 and 99. So there is plenty of competition.

Therefore, it is to each his own, so dont be looking down your nose at other fantasy players, and acting like a limp wristed pussified Girlie Man with your whining. B)

First of all, it is fairly well known that I believe "rate my team" posts of any league size should be banned from this board. Most who post "rate my team" posts are seeking one thing only - validation - because they are insecure about their draft ability and want to be told "nice job". I don't think anyone who posts a "rate my team" really wants to be told that their team is a hopeless piece of dog sh1t. So I refuse to respond to those posts.

I generally don't respond to posts where the primary purpose is putting down guys who own teams in 8 or 10 team leagues either, but with such a large response, this post raised my ire such that I just had to vent a little.

My first fantasy team, many years ago - the "madd futher muckers" was in an eight team league. I learned a little about fantasy football, but more importantly I had fun.

8 team, 10 team 12, 14, or 20 teamer - or even a 2 team competitive league with your mom - doesn't matter. Guys, if you have fun and learn a little, then it is all good and don't let some pompous arrogant air head tmake you feel inferior or try to tell you different!

My question is to Gridiron Guzzlers - why in the world would you start such a lame-azz post? And of course Typhus' response was even worse. How f'ing arrogant can you be? (Typhus, your dog can very probably draft better than you can anyway.)

hehe,,, ya I take Fido to every draft, and he drafts his tail off. literally...lol But ya your right I probably did come off as an arrogant 12-14 team leaguer A-Hole, and if I did, I apologize for that, it just gets annoying seeing people posting rate my 10 teamer, who should I pick up out of these three studs on the WW,,,etc.etc... when in fact, most of my angst, really wasnt being directed at the size of the league, I could really care less, but more at the posting on the wrong forum to begin with.

hehe,,, ya I take Fido to every draft, and he drafts his tail off. literally...lol But ya your right I probably did come off as an arrogant 12-14 team leaguer A-Hole, and if I did, I apologize for that, it just gets annoying seeing people posting rate my 10 teamer, who should I pick up out of these three studs on the WW,,,etc.etc... when in fact, most of my angst, really wasnt being directed at the size of the league, I could really care less, but more at the posting on the wrong forum to begin with.

Yeah, lol.

I've been in mostly 10 teamers, with a few 12 teamers thrown in, throughout my fantasy career. I find that it does'nt matter how many teams you have. The cream(me) will always rise to the top.

Team Management Questions Belong On The "A Little Help" board.

:headbanger: 20 teamers :shocking:

:thumbsup:

With 4 divisions of 32 teams each. My starting QB is Matt Leinart. Think I got a shot at the title this year. :pointstosky:

lol our league went down to 10 teams this year (late cancels), I have been toying with the idea of having a "kitty" team, that is a team of the top performers of the waiver wire each week and if your team doesnt score higher than that team you lose, so basically your playing whatever team you play each week AND the top waiver wire scorers each week until the playoffs, I would need to track it for a year to see if it would work but I think it's a cool idea to make things more interesting.

Use the League Average instead.

Great response. I don't EVER want to have to draft against Fido. In fact, I think it is sheer genius to take your dog to all your drafts. In fact, next year, I'm taking both of my dogs to all my local drafts. While one will be doing their duty on all the fantasy magazines in the room, the other will be trained to chew up all of the personal cheatsheets. Genius, I say!

It almost sounds like you hate 10 teamers because its competitive and reduces the luck factor.

If a person wanted to I'm sure they could find a problem with every league from number of owners, waivers, scoring, number of roster spots, ect.. Find a league that works for you and don't worry about the rest.