Sign in to follow this  
Cara

You slammed me for saying Forte would be a bust.....

What a pathetic group of losers. I suppose if Forte doesn't do anything great against the Seahags, you all will still say it is only week 3 or have some other excuse.

I made the best prediction this website has ever had posted. You should all bow to my greatness. Unlike you losers, I was smart enough to avoid Forte, Eddie Royal, Tom Brady, and a slew of others you all were touting on this website as "great" or as a "steal". How do you spell loser? Easy, look at the above usernames, excluding my own and maybe two others (guess who).

The Soilost...2004...Brandon Stokley...The end!

In case you are wondering, I love it when you all go off on me. Why? Well, I have MANY different personas on this site. One of them has been here for about 5 years now and is very well "respected" here. One of them is this one. Another one only comes out once each year to give advice on who the best sleepers are. I love to post pure BS and screw up as many fantasy teams as I can. Go ahead and think it can't be done........ Some of you have emailed one of my personas MANY times for advice on sleepers and who you should start.

I think it is hilarious that you hate this persona, hate me, yet absolutely hang off the words of some of my other personas. I'm not the only one here screwing with all you little morons. I'm in this thread more than once. LOL

Good luck ladies. From the emails you sent me, most of you are anything but men. : )

F*aggots. Ha.

im not sure whats more pathetic, the fact that you have the time to make multiple aliases on a fantasy football message board (and use them all)

or the fact you are proud of it

:dunno:

Who cares if Forte "blows up" tomorrow against a pathetic Seahags run defense? The Forte owners in my leagues are 0-2 so far. Is 1-2 (if he blows up) any better? He will not have more than a handful of decent games and I've posted the reasons why in several different threads. He will not be a top fantasy running back in 2009 or beyond. He SUCKS. He Blows. He picks his nose.

I'm enjoying this thread. Please don't ignore me. When you do that I'm forced to actually post threads another one of my other names and talk real football. I have so much I can teach you redneck wannabe fantasy f*ggots.

I think the biggest question here is why are there so many men posting here on Friday and Saturday nights? :rolleyes: I can answer that...... You are either twelve, gay, or such a raging douche that no woman would ever want to touch you. Losers. LOL

I think the biggest question here is why are there so many men posting here on Friday and Saturday nights? :rolleyes: I can answer that...... You are either twelve, gay, or such a raging douche that no woman would ever want to touch you. Losers. LOL

fantasy football > women

wtf :thumbsup:

I proceeded to drink two bottles of nyquil, six shots of moonshine, and injected myself with 150 ml of high grade heroin. The centaur Kitnas told me all about the history of their people; first Carson Palmer ruined any chance the (then) Kitna had at success, then the tyrant Matt Millen with help of the mafioso Ford family were able to hold Kitna's prowess back. All Kitna knew how to do was lead by example, so he decided to vacation underwater. He had an Abyss-like moment where there was some sort of alien light in the background. It turned out to be a school of Joey Harringtons... there was merriness and piano playing all night. Finally, a drunken Roy E. Williams shows up, and the magical Janikowski performs yet another miracle and turns Kitna into 33 miniature identical centaurs.

I think the biggest question here is why are there so many men posting here on Friday and Saturday nights? :shocking: I can answer that...... You are either twelve, gay, or such a raging douche that no woman would ever want to touch you. Losers. LOL

I'm posting on this Saturday evening because I'm tripping balls on Psilocybin and am totally afraid to go outside. Holy ###### epiphany... you are calling people out for posting on a saturday night, when you, in fact, are posting on a saturday night... wow, my mind has been blown.

Jason Smith and Brown have made a huge impact to the rams o-line. And Incognito/Barron are definitely over their penalties, Jason Bell is overachieving since he left the Titans.

I think the biggest question here is why are there so many men posting here on Friday and Saturday nights? :D I can answer that...... You are either twelve, gay, or such a raging douche that no woman would ever want to touch you. Losers. LOL

This Cara dude has lost his mind! Yes, I saw that "fugly" picture of you dressed up like Super woMAN! That a boy....girl?

Or they have been married for 12 years, with 2+ kids, and are actually around the house on Sunday's after church, and this is their hobby.

I'm sure you have no clue what this is like.

Maybe you don't even have a S.O. if you even know what that abbreviation is for. Go hate a little more in life you loser

and why haven't you quoted my previous posts that other sites are a bunch of dumb azzes? Seems to me like every site has forte being ranked in the top 5 preseason. NFL.com, foxsports.com, realtimesports.com, all fantasy football magazines, and your precious little secret site that you don't have enough t!ts to represent, etc.

find me one site, person, magazine, that has forte out of the top 5 in preseason rb predictions. Do a little research b4 you start knocking us. and by the way FOCK OFF.

yes

matter of fact...I am 2-0 with forte on my starting squad...and now that the schedule gets easier....how bout a nice big cup of shut the f*ck up??

This weeks starters:

QB Eli Manning

RB Ryan Grant

RB Matt Forte

WR Mario Manningham

WR Santonio Holmes

TE Tony Gonzalez

K Lawrence Tynes

Def Green Bay Packers

Bench

QB Kurt Warner

RB Ahmad Bradshaw

RB Leon Washington

WR Devery Henderson

WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh

K Stephen Gostkowski

Def San Francisco 49ers

Haha. Just chiming in here. This thread is on the verge of epic. But not quite really. Entertaining though.

But in all seriousness, it's so sad that most everyone here has lost sight of how totally frivilous this whole Fantasy Football thing is in the big scheme of things. Sure, some people bet big money on this, but it still boils down to just plain having fun. Like, no matter how amazing you might think you are at Fantasy Football, how does that really translate into anything meaningful in real life? For example, I am f'ing awesome at Quake, but my display of amazingness and feeling of superiority ends when I hit quit.

Just hoping to give some of you some perspective and see how beating your chests over such a meaningless thing is not a good use of your time and energy.

BORED? :cheers: I love this board. Try using this thing called a dictionary. It begins with your favorite word, so it should be easy to use. What a moron..... If you are going to insult someone, use the correct spelling! Bored does not = board. LOL

yep, you don't know anything about posting on this site...d'oh!

I would just like to add that Forte is a candidate for bust of the year

Thank you. Finally someone with some sense. The guy that posted his supposedly 2-0 roster is obviously 2-1 now and he told me to shut the f up. How rude.

Forte played one of the weakest run defenses in the NFL, without their star Middle Linebacker, and he did nothing once again. If you aren't in a PPR league, you probably lost today if he was one of your RB's.

Is it ok to call him a bust after 3 lousy weeks? :wave:

He has Detroit next week, so even I would start him there. lol It should be his best game of the season, but he will still suck afterwards. I really do think he will be considered one of the greatest first round busts of all time by the end of this season.

Thank you. Finally someone with some sense. The guy that posted his supposedly 2-0 roster is obviously 2-1 now and he told me to shut the f up. How rude.

Forte played one of the weakest run defenses in the NFL, without their star Middle Linebacker, and he did nothing once again. If you aren't in a PPR league, you probably lost today if he was one of your RB's.

Is it ok to call him a bust after 3 lousy weeks? :unsure:

He has Detroit next week, so even I would start him there. lol It should be his best game of the season, but he will still suck afterwards. I really do think he will be considered one of the greatest first round busts of all time by the end of this season.

they attack you cuz they scared. they forte owners and they know they just draft a bust guy, that guy must be 0-3 now and not 2-1 cuz forte do nothing for him. I tell you this, they attack you cuz they are in pain from the truth you speak

Hey check this post out from way back

I have my draft tomorrow and really like Matt Forte this year. I think he will be nice and consistent and cutler will only help him. I'm starting to get soo starry eyed that I am considering taking him first even! Am I insane? Not in my ranking am I seeing him that high.

Here is my thinking

a) Adrian Peterson - I normally would take him first as I think he will have the most points this year. Had him last year and went insane with his ups and downs. Every week i was not sure if he was injured. Pretty annoying.

b ) Jones-Drew - Ok..everyone loves him this year and will probably be good. But i don't competely buy it, until i see it. He has never bee na featured back and there is no reason to think he'll hold up. Or is there?

c) Turner - I think he will come down to earth this year. Stil have a good one, but his TDs last year were really bunched together in certain games.

Ok...so i guess i am choosing Forte over peterson for consistency and over jones-drew, just cause he's been featured before. What do you think? Completely wrong? somewhat logical? should i just stick with the standard rankings and take peterson/jones-drew 1st?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

P.S. its a non-PPR league

Great calls, genius. :headbanger:

Looks like they were getting they're asses kicked even before Hass went down. Should we still worry about Jones and Wolfe stealing the GL carries?

If Hass stays healthy, Seattle is going to seriously surprise some people. That defense was bad last season only because of injury. I can see them putting a hurt on several teams this season.

I'm not really thinking he will lose the GL carries to Jones so much as losing overall carries to a combo of Jones and Wolfe. Lovie Smith has said numerous times he will rest Forte much more than last season. I think he will lose several carries per game.

Looks that Seattle D is really putting a hurtin on ..... their fans. Great call! :overhead:

I'm not a big Forte fan, but he did have over 100 total yards this week

That's good for about 10 points in a standard league. For Forte's ADP, which was as high as #1 in some leagues, this is unacceptable at this stage of the season. Forte is not even a top 25 RB right now.

That's good for about 10 points in a standard league. For Forte's ADP, which was as high as #1 in some leagues, this is unacceptable at this stage of the season. Forte is not even a top 25 RB right now.

Yep, I keep telling them. there is plenty of waiver wire trash that can get you the production forte is putting up.

10 points is unacceptable? It's not great, but it I wouldn't say that makes him any more of a bust than people might've thought after the first two weeks.

10 points is unacceptable? It's not great, but it I wouldn't say that makes him any more of a bust than people might've thought after the first two weeks.

I'm not sure I understand your comment. Yes, 10 points is unacceptable. Especially when it accounts for half of your top 3 pick's total fantasy points for the season.

In my league he got 5 points in Week 1, 5 points in Week 2, and 10 points in Week 3. At this rate Forte will average about 7 points per week for the rest of the season.

IMHO I think that's extremly dissapointing.

Maybe he picks it up, but if he doesn't score on the Lions this week then he will offically be the leading candidate for the Ryan Grant '08 award

And now he is potentially injured and may not play in a game that could finally redeem himself - week 4 against the lions.

I'm a forte owner and he is a bust.

I'm not sure I understand your comment. Yes, 10 points is unacceptable. Especially when it accounts for half of your top 3 pick's total fantasy points for the season.

In my league he got 5 points in Week 1, 5 points in Week 2, and 10 points in Week 3. At this rate Forte will average about 7 points per week for the rest of the season.

IMHO I think that's extremly dissapointing.

Maybe he picks it up, but if he doesn't score on the Lions this week then he will offically be the leading candidate for the Ryan Grant '08 award

I'm not saying Forte isn't a bust....he could be, but I think the first 2 weeks are more a demonstration of that than this week was.

10 points is not unacceptable...if you start 9 guys and they all score 10 points then that's 90, not too bad. But OMG he was my top pick he needs to score 20+ points every week!

Grant wasn't even that bad last year, I hope you didn't take him with a top 5 pick last year...

And now he is potentially injured and may not play in a game that could finally redeem himself - week 4 against the lions.

I'm a forte owner and he is a bust.

Does anyone have any info on this with a source that he may not play?

He got hurt, but came back in the game yesterday...whats the deal?

I don't know much about this Forte guy, but I drafted Stephen Davis and he has yet to let me down.

Never sit Stephen Davis... :lol:

I'm amazed the Hawks are only 25th in rushing yards allowed. They gave up 200 yards to Gore last week. Off the top of my head Houston was the only team I could see being worse.

I wouldn't get too excited over Forte.

i still want jerryskids to judge my haiku...
Cara's more than one

More is merry for bored fun

spooge fest on her chest

Well, you are the only one who got the 5-7-5 rhythm, so :lol:

Im not sure why Im responding to this thread cuz its out of control, but I thought I'd chime in.

Matt Forte will be fine. Will he be a top 5 back? Maybe not. But he still gets more touches than you can count on from most other backs. Early this season teams have forced Jay Cutler to beat them. Well he has, and now teams will be much less likely to stack the box against Forte. Look, I'm not a huge fan of Matt Forte. Its his versatility in the passing game that makes him a good player. He is not a great between the tackles runner. He averaged under 4 yards per carry last year even. But in fantasy football you want guys that get touches. How many other RB's in the NFL are guarenteed 20-25 touches a game? Not that many. Touchdowns are very unpredictable and this is where Forte's value will get a boost. At some point he is going to get some plunges from the 5 yard line and in. It just hasn't happened yet.

I play in mostly point per reception leagues so I don't hate Forte near as much. He does have 11 catches through 3 weeks and is on pace for 59 catches on the season, which is pretty nice in ppr leagues. I don't own him in any league, but if i found an owner of him thats really down on him, I'd make a move for him. He is a good buy low candidate. I'd still guess he finishes in the top 10 among RB's in ppr leagues. While 3 games is tough to swallow so far, its still a long season. Does anyone think Willis McGahee will score 32 TD's this season? Well thats what he is on pace for. Just a thought..

Im not sure why Im responding to this thread cuz its out of control, but I thought I'd chime in.

Matt Forte will be fine. Will he be a top 5 back? Maybe not. But he still gets more touches than you can count on from most other backs. Early this season teams have forced Jay Cutler to beat them. Well he has, and now teams will be much less likely to stack the box against Forte. Look, I'm not a huge fan of Matt Forte. Its his versatility in the passing game that makes him a good player. He is not a great between the tackles runner. He averaged under 4 yards per carry last year even. But in fantasy football you want guys that get touches. How many other RB's in the NFL are guarenteed 20-25 touches a game? Not that many. Touchdowns are very unpredictable and this is where Forte's value will get a boost. At some point he is going to get some plunges from the 5 yard line and in. It just hasn't happened yet.

I play in mostly point per reception leagues so I don't hate Forte near as much. He does have 11 catches through 3 weeks and is on pace for 59 catches on the season, which is pretty nice in ppr leagues. I don't own him in any league, but if i found an owner of him thats really down on him, I'd make a move for him. He is a good buy low candidate. I'd still guess he finishes in the top 10 among RB's in ppr leagues. While 3 games is tough to swallow so far, its still a long season. Does anyone think Willis McGahee will score 32 TD's this season? Well thats what he is on pace for. Just a thought..

Thank you...voice of reason. I love playing fantasy with guys like this...they're so excited they didn't draft a player where he was taken but fail to see the value that's there now. Forte is about as good as a buy low candidate that you can get.

Thank you...voice of reason. I love playing fantasy with guys like this...they're so excited they didn't draft a player where he was taken but fail to see the value that's there now. Forte is about as good as a buy low candidate that you can get.

Damn...I thought your arrogant ass was gone for good :thumbsup:

:overhead:

This chick was right.

After 5 games, Forte is now projected for:

275 rushes for 941 yards rushing (3.4ypc), 3 TDs, 58 receptions, 413 yards. 211 points. that's NOT top 5 RB production, probably somewhere around 20. He has a chance to improve his numbers, and climb up to the 10-15 range, but it's unrealistic to think that it this point the bears are going to decide to start run blocking effectively and give him as many carries as he had last year.

For evidence, see the game against he Falcons, which was a close game:

-Cutler 43 pass attempts

-Forte 15 rush attempts

From the original, infamous "cans" thread in all it's glory: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=344617

You could argue that Forte's YPC will increase because Cutler will stretch the field more and keep the safeties farther away from the LOS, but you could also argue that the offensive line (including old man Pace) will prevent the YPC from increasing too much. 4.0 to 4.1 is reasonable (as i said in my previous post).

280 carries x 4.0 or 4.1 = 1120 to 1148 yards rushing

There's also little reason to assume Forte will have 60 receptions again. While he is an a polished receiver out of the backfield, Orton had a propensity to throw the check down. He's not a gunslinger like Cutler. I see more Grossman than Orton in Cutler, although he is much more talented than Grossman... he has the same mentality. More passes deep, more passes squeezed into tight windows, possibly more INTs than Orton. Forte's receptions should go down....

40-45 receptions x 7.6 YPC (no reason to assume this will change) = 304 to 345 yards receiving

TDs are notoriously hard to predict but i'll give him 10 combined.

1148 rushing + 345 receiving + 45 receptions + 10TDs = 254.3 points

1120 + 304 +40 + 10 TDs = 242 points

~245-255 points PPR

Is that really what you're looking for from a first rounder? Is that what you want in a top 3 pick??

Even I didn't think it would be THIS bad. I had him averaging 4 yards per carry! But in the end, Cara was right. I was right. All you duds who picked Forte were wrong. He's not on a single one of my 9 fantasy teams because I had him valued late first round and he never fell. Maybe if you all weren't so concerned about this chick's can size and more concerned with your projections, you would've seen it coming.

Queue the crickets....

Well, I never did see any cans. But this chick, Cara.... dead on. Forte was without a doubt the bust of the year. Probably taken in the top 3 of most drafts. Certainly top 5. Finished as RB12.

It's pretty obvious that Forte is a RB with average talent all around.

I didn't have the honor of drafting Forte last year. Cara, what are your expectations for Forte this year?

I didn't have the honor of drafting Forte last year. Cara, what are your expectations for Forte this year?

Hi. I am currently working on my rankings, sleepers, and busts for 2010. I thought I would be finished by now, but there are some players I would like to do some more research on. I do have a couple of players I think could be great "steals" this season though. As for busts, I have some of those as well, including a player or two currently going in round one.

As for Forte in 2010, I honestly have not researched the Bears line or had a chance to really look into his offseason conditioning yet. Don't let the hype fool you though, Martz will never use a RBBC in his offense. One of the running backs will get the vast majority of the carries. His offensive system is too complex to try and have two backs absorb it. I think one of the guys will end up with 3/4 of the carries. If you do not play in a PPR league, I would avoid Forte for the most part. Hopefully my rankings/sleepers/busts will help someone this season. :)

Firstly, congrats to Cara on her (or his? who really knows or cares...doesn't matter) prediction of a Forte bust last season as compared to his ADP. Spot on. I remember the thread well. I was involved in that thread, not denying the possibility of a Forte bust (I never was on the Forte bandwagon), but mostly expressing surprise that Cara was being lambasted for an opinion and constantly being asked for her can size by forum 4th graders, as well reminding a poster who was hitting on her that he could possibly be hitting on a dude. I did question a remark she made about the Rams being more competitive last season before their 1-15 debacle, but that can be overlooked as blind team loyalty, I suppose.

However, she lost a lot of credibility when she decided to jump back in later (after basically telling the entire bored goodbye and kiss-off, no less) with this gloat-thread, as well as threats of lawsuits against detractors in her previous thread, if memory serves me right. I understand frustration with bored antagonists, and even a sense of accomplishment when one nails an unpopular fantasy prediction, but a gloat-fest serves only to bring one down to the same grade school level as those who acted foolishly to begin with. Afterall, perhaps she made the correct Forte bust prediction based soley on research, insight, and football instinct....or perhaps it was blind luck.....a blind squirrel does find a nut occassionally.

In other words, I am not yet ready to label her a guru (and I am not insinuating that she personally claims that title) based on one correct projection......albeit is was a very impressive and accurate one.

We will only know for sure after this season, if she indeed enlightens us with her upcoming 2010 bust(s), which I am looking forward to and will certainly read and consider, as I do most potentially beneficial fanatsy threads on the board.

Did we ever get a can size? :dunno:

Did we ever get a can size? :dunno:

No, but judging by the hostility in her posts, she needs to be SLAMMED! HARD!

No, but judging by the hostility in her posts, she needs to be SLAMMED! HARD!

hatefucking is a time honored tradition for all the bitches in michigan...

ps. I think I called her a dumbass the first reply to her post and guaranteed that she should reply. does that make me a guru of dumbasses?