Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

Most murderers are men. Huh?

That sounds sexist..... :nono:

But in reality, yes, we all know that men tend to be more violent, and that among men African Americans dominate that arena of violence, I mean, crap, can we admit that as well or are we supposed to pretend, sometimes I am not sure which truth we are using. :doh:

At least when men do it though its usually quick, with a gun, over some real stuff. When women do it they'll poison you with arsenic for years.

At least when men do it though its usually quick, with a gun, over some real stuff. When women do it they'll poison you with arsenic for years.

to be fair, the arsenic route is better than the long slow death of dying from natural causes while living with them

Chicken or Egg

Don’t ruin the good Doc’s theory.

ALL OF THE DISPARITY?

now you want to explain ALL the disparity. You are a hack.

Chicken.

He didn't.

You're satisfied to attribute all gender/race differences to effort?

Many factors contribute, life choices are among the most influential. Why women gravitate to certain roles has been surveyed and it is known that they tend to avoid jobs that negatively influence personal life.

We've been through this before. Even if you account for their "life choices", women get paid less on average in many professions.

As Ive pointed out before, the most privileged group in the world is hot chicks.

Absolutely. But most chicks aren't hot, and the hot ones don't stay that way very long.

Are ugly dudes the least privileged?

Absolutely. But most chicks aren't hot, and the hot ones don't stay that way very long.

Could be. But ugly black dudes might have it worse than anyone.

It would be interesting to see ugly white dudes vs good looking black dudes in the job market (Assuming theyre identically qualified)

Im only one person, but appearance is an important consideration when hiring.

Could be. But ugly black dudes might have it worse than anyone.

It would be interesting to see ugly white dudes vs good looking black dudes in the job market (Assuming theyre identically qualified)

Im only one person, but appearance is an important consideration when hiring.

Yep. I was once in charge of hiring an administrative assistant. It came down to two applicants, one a hottie, the other a CBF. I hired the former, and convinced myself she was just as qualified, though in retrospect that was probably debatable.

Ugly white dudes would destroy the black hunks. AA with identical resumes get far less callbacks than their white counterparts, so the typical geek would have a big advantage even before the interview.

Broadly, our meta-analysis of callback rates from all existing field experiments showed evidence of discrimination against both black and Latino applicants. Since 1990 white applicants received, on average, 36% more callbacks than black applicants and 24% more callbacks than Latino applicants with identical résumés.

• Like 1

to be fair, the arsenic route is better than the long slow death of dying from natural causes while living with them

Yep. Like the old joke...

Why do men die earlier than women?

Because we want to.

In the NYPD, women are in non-enforcement administrative jobs in far greater numbers than men, yet make up about 20 % of the job. What do you think the reason for that is, and has been that way for decades?

In the NYPD, women are in non-enforcement administrative jobs in far greater numbers than men, yet make up about 20 % of the job. What do you think the reason for that is, and has been that way for decades?

Maybe I can dig up a Dirty Harry clip for you when I get home.

Maybe I can dig up a Dirty Harry clip for you when I get home.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's on the money, all these years later.

There are some jobs better suited for men, and some for women. Law enforcement may belong in the former group, though your employment history makes me question that assumption.

But for most jobs this isn’t the case, yet gender differences remain. Why?

There are some jobs better suited for men, and some for women. Law enforcement may belong in the former group, though your employment history makes me question that assumption.

But for most jobs this isnt the case, yet gender differences remain. Why?

I don't understand the employment history part. Please explain.

But for most jobs this isnt the case, yet gender differences remain. Why?

Lots of reasons. One that has been alluded to is family issues. Women are far more likely to take lengthy gaps in employment to care for family. This affects advancement, as it should.

Another reason is that generally, I find, women are less assertive. This has a big impact when it comes to advancement, looking for other opportunities, and negotiations pay. At the school I work at, the men make more than the women. Why? When the women walk into their annual contract negotiation they take what they are offered. The men have lined up offers from several other schools, and take a more match this or I walk approach.

Also, if you look at many organizations, the women tend to gravitate towards the administrative roles. HR, etc. the men tend to be in the productive roles that are incentive based pay.

Is there still a good old boy system? Sure. Especially in certain industries and locals. But that is changing. And the inverse also exists. There is a girls club too. Where older professionals form a group of young females to groom and carry along with them.

Then there are industries where men make less than women. Waiting tables for instance. Pron, for another.

Equality is about equal opportunity. Not stamping out every single cultural factor that leads to a disparity. Any woman who wants to make more money can make that happen. There isnt some nefarious scheme to pay women less or anything.

Yeah...everyone is equal.

Anyone can do anyone's job. Male, female, kids, adults, downs syndrome, blacks, indians, labrador retrievers, pit bulls, etc. We are all the same. I wish the stupid Republicans would quit pretending that some things in life are different.

Females are perfectly capable of murdering people, so why do people say that men are more likely to murder?

As far as women being the weaker sex? Dumb. My aunt Gertie picked up a bag of Portland Cement and tossed it into the back of a pickup, and my brother in law couldn't even get it to budge. So there goes that theory. Based on that, men are the weaker sex. Can't you see?

Jeez you guys are dumb.

Lots of reasons. One that has been alluded to is family issues. Women are far more likely to take lengthy gaps in employment to care for family. This affects advancement, as it should.

Another reason is that generally, I find, women are less assertive. This has a big impact when it comes to advancement, looking for other opportunities, and negotiations pay. At the school I work at, the men make more than the women. Why? When the women walk into their annual contract negotiation they take what they are offered. The men have lined up offers from several other schools, and take a more match this or I walk approach.

Also, if you look at many organizations, the women tend to gravitate towards the administrative roles. HR, etc. the men tend to be in the productive roles that are incentive based pay.

Is there still a good old boy system? Sure. Especially in certain industries and locals. But that is changing. And the inverse also exists. There is a girls club too. Where older professionals form a group of young females to groom and carry along with them.

Then there are industries where men make less than women. Waiting tables for instance. Pron, for another.

Equality is about equal opportunity. Not stamping out every single cultural factor that leads to a disparity. Any woman who wants to make more money can make that happen. There isnt some nefarious scheme to pay women less or anything.

You make a lot of good points, but I think you're underestimating the influence of the "good old boys" and the subconscious bias that exists against women and minorities in many fields. The few industries where women earn more don't offset widespread inequality in the workforce. Same goes for minorities. And while opportunity has improved, women and minorities still aren't on even ground with white males.

But back to the original discussion, there is no way in he!! white men are at a disadvantage.

I'm implying you're a pvssy, invalidating the assumed male advantage in non-administrative law enforcement.

Still makes no sense. You're out of your league.

Sorry. I'll try to dumb it down next time.

Ok. Or realize your bubble is just that.

We've been through this before. Even if you account for their "life choices", women get paid less on average in many professions.

Not true, sorry.

Not true, sorry.

I guess that explains a lot of you guys’ stance. But when the confounders are all accounted for, the data still isnt on your side.

Keep fighting the good fight I guess. :dunno:

and women get paid more in some professions as well

still to this day nobody can show a single job that exists that says

Salary

Man 60k

Woman 55k

avg salaries are completely different

Salary

Man 60k

Woman 55k

Amazing people still can't figure out the falicy of average when it relates to statistics. It's very good when it comes to batting average in baseball though. It's about the only place where it's accurate.

Amazing people still can't figure out the falicy of average when it relates to statistics. It's very good when it comes to batting average in baseball though. It's about the only place where it's accurate.

yep you are correct, free throw % is another, every other % in sports you can't even compare averages really, because there are other factors

example which QB is actually more accurate?

22-25 for 195 yards or

19-28 for 330 yards

yep you are correct, free throw % is another, every other % in sports you can't even compare averages really, because there are other factors

example which QB is actually more accurate?

22-25 for 195 yards or

19-28 for 330 yards

195 may be more accurate, but 330 is better. Usually, but not always.

Salary

Man 60k

Woman 55k

If women aren't interviewed for or offered the highest paying positions, the argument is relevant.

Interesting. I make what most people would consider a very good salary. My GF makes about 40% more

(in salary alone - I have better benefits) at a similar role in another company. I think it's awesome. Make what you can. Move on.

I guess that explains a lot of you guys’ stance. But when the confounders are all accounted for, the data still isnt on your side.

Keep fighting the good fight I guess. :dunno:

The data demonstrates the false stance you bring forth, but any data if misused can produce false assertions.

We know that the exclusion of life choices plays a significant role in income disparity, but that is an inconvenient factor to the ideology.

Bichs don't like to work overtime.

LOL....well, some do accept the requirements of achieving success in a challenging and competitive environment, there are plenty of examples of this. That being said, women are more likely to emphasize life quality over work achievment, whereas men are more willing to sacrifice life quality to gain achievement in the work arena.

These factors have been called out in a number of forensic clinical psychology studies, which also point to the character trait of "agreeableness" men score low in this area on average, whereas women score higher. Agreeable people tend to earn less. If we look at say Scandinavia we can see this factor in dramatic fashion.

The data demonstrates the false stance you bring forth, but any data if misused can produce false assertions.

We know that the exclusion of life choices plays a significant role in income disparity, but that is an inconvenient factor to the ideology.

Nope. Try again. And speak English next time.

Nope. Try again. And speak English next time.

Do you take action against the disparity in pay at your job? What do you do?