• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#121 Djgb13

Djgb13

FF Geek

• Members
  • 18,665 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 02:32 PM

Relax dude. It's okay for someone to not like a movie.

Nah my beef isnt that he didnt like it. Its that he acted like the pansy in that article. *I havent seen all or any of the marvel movies but hey Ill go watch this movie anyway*. Thats just not smart at all.

#122 MDC

MDC

FF Geek

• Members
  • 53,530 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 02:36 PM

Did you apply for your double AARP card yet?

No. Did your dad take you to Friendlys for fish sticks and a Fribble before the movie, or did he drop you and the guys off at the mall and pick you up afterward?
This is my signature. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.

#123 Hardcore troubadour

Hardcore troubadour

FF Geek

• Members
  • 32,773 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 02:36 PM

Mark Ruffalo. Ooof. Automatic disqualification.

#124 titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

FF Geek

• Members
  • 25,487 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 02:57 PM

Nah my beef isnt that he didnt like it. Its that he acted like the pansy in that article. *I havent seen all or any of the marvel movies but hey Ill go watch this movie anyway*. Thats just not smart at all.

That was hardly my biggest gripe of the movie. And yeah, that parts on me.

I mainly felt that it was trying to cram to many people into a movie that basically had no story to it at all.

I just didnt like it. Its fine that you did. No biggie.

#125 12th Man

12th Man

FF Geek

• Members
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 03:01 PM

Did you apply for your double AARP card yet?

Let's just hope he doesn't smoke heroin in front of the kids.

#126 cbfalcon

cbfalcon

FF Geek

• Members
  • 18,295 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 03:58 PM

That was hardly my biggest gripe of the movie. And yeah, that parts on me.

I mainly felt that it was trying to cram to many people into a movie that basically had no story to it at all.

I just didnt like it. Its fine that you did. No biggie.

Number of characters aside, even the story is 100% based on previous films. Theyve been showing you infinity stones, who has them, telling you what they do, showing their power, and telling you Thanos wants them for the better part of the previous 18 movies. Entire plots of most of the films were based on a given infinity stone. This movie was basically just a final battle of what youve been told is coming for a decade.

In short, this isnt a stand alone film. Its closer to this all having been a season of television, with the prior movies being episodes and Infinity War being part 1 of a 2 episode finale.
I like steak

#127 EternalShinyAndChrome

EternalShinyAndChrome

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 04:14 PM

No. Did your dad take you to Friendlys for fish sticks and a Fribble before the movie, or did he drop you and the guys off at the mall and pick you up afterward?

No, he did not, but the Senior Care Center you're living in probably has Bingo on Friday nights.  Prizes most likely include $100, a case of Ensure or Boost Plus! and a subscription to Senior Living magazine.  Good Luck!

#128 MDC

MDC

FF Geek

• Members
  • 53,530 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 04:45 PM

No, he did not, but the Senior Care Center you're living in probably has Bingo on Friday nights.  Prizes most likely include $100, a case of Ensure or Boost Plus! and a subscription to Senior Living magazine.  Good Luck!

You dont have to be a senior to not watch MCU movies. You just need to be a mature adult. :dunno:

#129 nobody

nobody

FF Geek

• Members
  • 22,347 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 04:47 PM

What's wrong with Mark ruffalo?

#130 EternalShinyAndChrome

EternalShinyAndChrome

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 04:49 PM

You dont have to be a senior to not watch MCU movies. You just need to be a mature adult. :dunno:

And yet here you are, griping about "them Marvel movin' pictures!'.  Lemme' guess:  You hated it when Elvis gyrated his hips while he was singing to?

Enjoy your bingo.

I have to give you kudos, though.  Having kids at your advanced age is a bold move.

#131 MDC

MDC

FF Geek

• Members
  • 53,530 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 05:22 PM

And yet here you are, griping about "them Marvel movin' pictures!'.  Lemme' guess:  You hated it when Elvis gyrated his hips while he was singing to?

Enjoy your bingo.

I have to give you kudos, though.  Having kids at your advanced age is a bold move.

Other things I am too old for include Pokémon and Spaghetti-Os.

#132 tanatastic

tanatastic

FF Geek

• Members
  • 21,431 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:14 PM

Again, more mature adults saw this movie and all marvel movies more than any almost any movie in history. Your McDonald’s comparison is weak because they are a cheap option that can cater to social classes. Movies are all equal, people simply choose which to see. More adults without kids saw Avengers than your top 5-10 favorite movies combined.

#133 titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

FF Geek

• Members
  • 25,487 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:16 PM

Again, more mature adults saw this movie and all marvel movies more than any almost any movie in history. Your McDonalds comparison is weak because they are a cheap option that can cater to social classes. Movies are all equal, people simply choose which to see. More adults without kids saw Avengers than your top 5-10 favorite movies combined.

For one thing, they have pretty much zero other options to see.

And yeah. Weve sufficiently dumbed down society to where people will gladly watch 18 focking movies about someone trying to collect the Pokémon stones. Focking sad.

#134 tanatastic

tanatastic

FF Geek

• Members
  • 21,431 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:17 PM

Other things I am too old for include Pokémon and Spaghetti-Os.

Oh and it’s mostly old people now playing Pokémon Go. After the mania settled down and kids and usual gamers (age of the average game is late 20s/early 30s) stopped playing, it’s mostly older adults now playing. Like even elderly, it’s a thing.

Spaghettios...you are correct, that stuff is gross and not as good as when I was a little kid.

#135 tanatastic

tanatastic

FF Geek

• Members
  • 21,431 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:18 PM

And yeah. Weve sufficiently dumbed down society to where people will gladly watch 18 focking movies about someone trying to collect the Pokémon stones. Focking sad.

For sure. Society can be fed anything now and they eat it up if it’s trendy or pop culture.

#136 Hardcore troubadour

Hardcore troubadour

FF Geek

• Members
  • 32,773 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:39 PM

Mature is a relative term. Mature people are not waiting in line for these cartoons.

#137 cbfalcon

cbfalcon

FF Geek

• Members
  • 18,295 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 07:55 PM

Mature is a relative term. Mature people are not waiting in line for these cartoons.

People wait in line for movies?
I like steak

#138 Djgb13

Djgb13

FF Geek

• Members
  • 18,665 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 07:59 PM

Yea who waits in line for movies nowadays anyway? Probably old people. I just use the fandango app and have a reserved seat. Makes it easy. Old people just dont have a grasp on reality anymore

#139 Hardcore troubadour

Hardcore troubadour

FF Geek

• Members
  • 32,773 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 08:00 PM

Some do. I'll add, mature people don't pre-order tickets to these cartoons.

#140 tanatastic

tanatastic

FF Geek

• Members
  • 21,431 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 08:01 PM

I used to go to all the midnight releases for blockbusters and would wait in huge lines up to an hour before they opened the theater. Those days are gone though and now my movies are seen alone before noon mostly. Seeing Deadpool 2 opening Thursday though so Im sure that will be popular. Not expecting Star Wars/Lord of the rings type crowds though.

#141 MDC

MDC

FF Geek

• Members
  • 53,530 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 08:01 PM

Yes and they have a separate line for each movie so you can tell what everybody is going to see.

#142 MTSkiBum

MTSkiBum

FF Geek

• Members
  • 12,796 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 08:42 PM

I used to go to all the midnight releases for blockbusters and would wait in huge lines up to an hour before they opened the theater. Those days are gone though and now my movies are seen alone before noon mostly. Seeing Deadpool 2 opening Thursday though so Im sure that will be popular. Not expecting Star Wars/Lord of the rings type crowds though.

I will see Deadpool next weekend, I will go after the kids and wife are asleep by myself.

Cable was always one of my favorite characters as a kid and the last Deadpool movie was my favorite marvel movie to date.
Steeler's Fan

#143 MTSkiBum

MTSkiBum

FF Geek

• Members
  • 12,796 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 08:46 PM

I get your point of view. I do not understand why the marvel movies are as popular as they are.

I read almost every marvel comic from the mid 80' to 2005 or so. But most people that go and see the movies did not read 20 years of comics.

For me the movies are nostalgia.
Steeler's Fan

#144 tanatastic

tanatastic

FF Geek

• Members
  • 21,431 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 08:58 PM

I get your point of view. I do not understand why the marvel movies are as popular as they are.
I read almost every marvel comic from the mid 80' to 2005 or so. But most people that go and see the movies did not read 20 years of comics.

Its actually very simple. Its because the movies are good and quality of them improved greatly with marvel studios. I dont need to defend this statement either, any review source one prefers will show that Marvel studios has the best ratio of well received and critically acclaimed movies than any studio. Around 20 movies and almost 18 of them are favorably reviewed is unprecedented. I dont see them because they are superhero movies. I see them because they are good.

People like seeing good action movies. Thats why they are popular. They dont need to have attachment to the source material anymore. Pre 2008 these movies were expected to be bad and any that were good turned heads. Now its the opposite, they are so good, when bad ones are made it becomes a huge story.

No one has to like them though. They put my wife to sleep. Then again Im watching my third episode in a row of real housewives right now...

#145 EternalShinyAndChrome

EternalShinyAndChrome

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:11 PM

You do realize it's because of these tent poles (not just Marvel) that your dramas are even made.  They bring in a ton of revenue to spread around so the pretentious types can have their movies too.

A rising tide raises all boats.

#146 EternalShinyAndChrome

EternalShinyAndChrome

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:14 PM

Its actually very simple. Its because the movies are good and quality of them improved greatly with marvel studios. I dont need to defend this statement either, any review source one prefers will show that Marvel studios has the best ratio of well received and critically acclaimed movies than any studio. Around 20 movies and almost 18 of them are favorably reviewed is unprecedented. I dont see them because they are superhero movies. I see them because they are good.

People like seeing good action movies. Thats why they are popular. They dont need to have attachment to the source material anymore. Pre 2008 these movies were expected to be bad and any that were good turned heads. Now its the opposite, they are so good, when bad ones are made it becomes a huge story.

No one has to like them though. They put my wife to sleep. Then again Im watching my third episode in a row of real housewives right now...

this too ^^^^

#147 Djgb13

Djgb13

FF Geek

• Members
  • 18,665 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:37 PM

You do realize it's because of these tent poles (not just Marvel) that your dramas are even made.  They bring in a ton of revenue to spread around so the pretentious types can have their movies too.

A rising tide raises all boats.

Drama is a womans domain. Action is a mans domain. Explosions, gun fights, fist fights, etc. all for men

#148 Hardcore troubadour

Hardcore troubadour

FF Geek

• Members
  • 32,773 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 10:15 PM

Drama is a womans domain. Action is a mans domain. Explosions, gun fights, fist fights, etc. all for men

It's for boys when comic book charachters with superpowers and gay outfits are the ones doing it. HTH.

#149 RaiderHater's Revenge

RaiderHater's Revenge

FF Geek

• Members
  • 14,527 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 11:59 PM

Sorry, Raider, I have to agree with Digb13 on this.

Lemme guess - you have a really small car with a huge ass spoiler too, right?  ;)

haha, its all good, and no I drive an Expedition right now

I dont care about phag jokes, they don't offend me, and quite frankly Ruffalo is underrated as a comedic role in these movies, I think hes funny.

I was mostly talking about what he was saying about the movie, if you had never seen any of the "prequels" to it, he was pretty spot on and for a leftist phag it was funny I thought

Suck it Rockford---

The Right protests the killing of babies, the left protests EVERYTHING else

#150 cbfalcon

cbfalcon

FF Geek

• Members
  • 18,295 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 07:28 AM

Some do. I'll add, mature people don't pre-order tickets to these cartoons.

Incorrect. Mature people pre-order tickets to almost anything they want to do that requires a ticket.

I like steak

#151 Kanil

Kanil

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 07:38 AM

LOOK AT ME... I'M SO GROWN UP BECAUSE I DIDN'T SEE THE AVENGERS!!!

You sound like tools, bagging on people for liking a particular type of movie.  What elitist douchebags.

#152 WhiteWonder

WhiteWonder

FF Geek

• Members
  • 25,054 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:51 AM

For me the movies are nostalgia.

tana is right (for once  :P ).

i've never read a comic in my life, though I did grow up with xmen and marvel cartoons. I don't always make it a point to go see these movies in theaters, but i'll eventually see them. Theres probably a Thor movie I have yet to see. 

good movies are good, doesn't matter the genre. Good characters and actors in their roles make the movies. 

Stuck in the process.....

#153 Cdub100

Cdub100

FF Geek

• Members
  • 22,490 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 11:30 AM

You sound like tools, bagging on people for liking a particular type of movie.  What elitist douchebags.

:thumbsup:

“for family, for freedom, for country, and for God” - President Donald J. Trump

#154 tanatastic

tanatastic

FF Geek

• Members
  • 21,431 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 11:33 AM

Just give me Wesley Snipes in another Blade sequel.

#155 12th Man

12th Man

FF Geek

• Members
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 11:41 AM

Wow leftys now complaining about the dumbing down of society. Can't make this up.

#156 12th Man

12th Man

FF Geek

• Members
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 11:41 AM

This.

#157 vuduchile

vuduchile

FF Geek

• Members
  • 14,814 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 12:32 PM

Good is both subjective and open for debate.

Lots of people like these movies and will continue to see them.

The genre makes up about half the movies families with younger kids can actually watch together, so there arent many choices to begin with.

I saw Civil War, Spider-Man Homecoming, Ant man, Deadpool, Guardians 1&2, Wonder Woman, and a couple of the Iron Man movies.

I was entertained at times, but I lost interest in the never ending CGI fighting pretty quickly.

The last few movies, I literally couldnt wait for them to end. I just wanted to get outta there.

My 10 yr old son will watch them over and over again.