Sign in to follow this  
ZeroTolerance

Hedge Fund Trader buys pharma company, gives AIDS patients the finger

Isn't that pretty-much the conservative movement in a nutshell? Bible thumpers, but heartless when it comes to fellow man? As if "Jesus" would promote selfishness an greed.

Yes, but let's not let the Democrats off the hook either. They effectively buy the vote of the less affluent by throwing money at them. Liberal policy has no real impact to improve the life of the less affluent and I wonder to myself whether they really want to or not. Social programs need to have some more tangible association with enforcing progressive outcomes, whether its labeled as "racist" or not.

I just knew race would come into it somehow! :overhead:

In your ongoing role as the resident racist it is not shocking that you would be expecting in that manner, do you have any hate for us today, or are you just passing through this time. :wave:

Yes, but let's not let the Democrats off the hook either. They effectively buy the vote of the less affluent by throwing money at them. Liberal policy has no real impact to improve the life of the less affluent and I wonder to myself whether they really want to or not. Social programs need to have some more tangible association with enforcing progressive outcomes, whether its labeled as "racist" or not.

Agreed. It's a flaw in the process. You need tons of money to run for President. That automatically makes you dependent on donations from big business.

In your ongoing role as the resident racist it is not shocking that you would be expecting in that manner, do you have any hate for us today, or are you just passing through this time. :wave:

I always expect you to bring race and your whiny white guy victim complex into any political discussion. And you never disappoint. :lol:

ACA?

I always expect you to bring race and your whiny white guy victim complex into any political discussion. And you never disappoint. :lol:

Of course, and anytime I deliver a logical analysis that does not jive with your racist views you will pull out the "whiny white guy" label as if that might quiet the message, racists attacks aren't going to compel me to hide truth, time to develop a new shtick. ;)

ACA?

Can you elaborate?

It's simple: the ACA never passes without the insurance and big pharma industries on board. They have the real power. And they don't get on board if there is any way they wouldn't be protected.

Can you elaborate?

elabortate, cmon, really? You need me to elaborate if the ability to get health insurance is a liberal policy that has "real impact to improve the life of the less affluent".

How about I elaborate on this, you made an overly broad general statement that can easily be shown to not be true and I gave only one example of it.

• Like 1

It's simple: the ACA never passes without the insurance and big pharma industries on board. They have the real power. And they don't get on board if there is any way they wouldn't be protected.

Yes. But a deeper dig reveals something more insidious as well. I have, unfortunately, delved deeply into the system and am aware of its faults and fissures that have not yet emerged because the system has not yet been really run hard, there is more to come.

elabortate, cmon, really? You need me to elaborate if the ability to get health insurance is a liberal policy that has "real impact to improve the life of the less affluent".

How about I elaborate on this, you made an overly broad general statement that can easily be shown to not be true and I gave only one example of it.

No more broad than your own. A policy is intended to be broad, hence the usage of the term in this instance. The policy of handouts is fatally flawed and the way it is being shaped on the fly with ACA is flawed, but it will be some time before anyone can look back and have that "aha" moment. For now, its a way to garner votes. It is shrewd and extremely well done in terms of political maneuvering.

Yes. But a deeper dig reveals something more insidious as well. I have, unfortunately, delved deeply into the system and am aware of its faults and fissures that have not yet emerged because the system has not yet been really run hard, there is more to come.

If you don't like the way things are, look to the ones with the power, who are guiding the ship. There has to be a showdown at some point in our political process. Our elected representatives on both sides are not representing the people. They represent the power.

No more broad than your own. A policy is intended to be broad, hence the usage of the term in this instance. The policy of handouts is fatally flawed and the way it is being shaped on the fly with ACA is flawed, but it will be some time before anyone can look back and have that "aha" moment. For now, its a way to garner votes. It is shrewd and extremely well done in terms of political maneuvering.

So health insurance for the less affluent has no impact on their lives?

That's a goodthing, but it doesn't go far enough. The insurance and big pharma industries have to be reigned in. Health insurance is a joke. Why is the middle man(health insurance companies) having a hand in the policy? Why are they the ones making the most money in this system? What do they do but administer? When they start curing people and actually providing the health care then they should get a bigger piece of the pie. The middle man should never be getting the most in any transaction.

Great thread, great responses. :first:

Of course, and anytime I deliver a logical analysis that does not jive with your racist views you will pull out the "whiny white guy" label as if that might quiet the message, racists attacks aren't going to compel me to hide truth, time to develop a new shtick. ;)

Uh, YOU are the one who brought race into it RLLD, not me. Your obsession with race and near Tourette's like complaint about what you perceive to be the race card are in your head, your own actions and your own responsibility.

Time to pull up your big boy pants and act like a man for once in your life.

What impact are you seeking, every action has an impact. Can you perhaps explain why we still have the need for more of these social policies? Why haven't the previous implementations delivered a meaningful impact?

Uh, YOU are the one who brought race into it RLLD, not me. Your obsession with race and near Tourette's like complaint about what you perceive to be the race card are in your head, your own actions and your own responsibility.

Time to pull up your big boy pants and act like a man for once in your life.

I did indeed, in a general sense I acknowledged the factor that is frequently asserted and then you decided to engage in your standard racist attack, per usual. Attacking with racist tilt won't work, not on me at least, so your shtick is ineffective, time to try another tact to silence those you do not agree with.

I did indeed, in a general sense I acknowledged the factor that is frequently asserted and then you decided to engage in your standard racist attack, per usual. Attacking with racist tilt won't work, not on me at least, so your shtick is ineffective, time to try another tact to silence those you do not agree with.

You whine about the race card infinitely more than anybody here actually plays it. One day you'll grow up and learn to take responsibility for yourself and stop being a victim and blaming the race card for own failures in life. :wave:

You whine about the race card infinitely more than anybody here actually plays it. One day you'll grow up and learn to take responsibility for yourself and stop being a victim and blaming the race card for own failures in life. :wave:

It was a good thread.

We can agree to disagree, but I will not let you off the hook, people like you need to be "known". Thank you for not disappointing.

It was a good thread.

He will move along, after his desire to espouse hate is fulfilled.

Our token Republican, Jerry, seems to think it's hunky dory that this 'entrepreneur' is gouging dying people for huge profit. The American way werds and all.

Ditto KSB, our token Republican think tank talking points parroter

What impact are you seeking, every action has an impact. Can you perhaps explain why we still have the need for more of these social policies? Why haven't the previous implementations delivered a meaningful impact?

I would need to board a plane to catch up to you and the new location of the goal posts. Nice try, but I'll pass.

Great thread, great responses. :first:

The Geek Club is like baseball; if three out of every ten replies are productive, you had a great thread.

I would need to board a plane to catch up to you and the new location of the goal posts. Nice try, but I'll pass.

I see, thank you anyway.

I just knew race would come into it somehow! :overhead:

I gotta admit, I didn't see that one coming even with RLLD at the helm. :doh:

'Tis the real reason why there was no public option :thumbsdown:

I gotta admit, I didn't see that one coming even with RLLD at the helm. :doh:

Really? There is NO topic that RLLD can't bring back to black people playing the race card. None.

The irony is that he whines about the race card far more often than anybody on earth actually plays it.

That's a goodthing, but it doesn't go far enough. The insurance and big pharma industries have to be reigned in. Health insurance is a joke. Why is the middle man(health insurance companies) having a hand in the policy? Why are they the ones making the most money in this system? What do they do but administer? When they start curing people and actually providing the health care then they should get a bigger piece of the pie. The middle man should never be getting the most in any transaction.

While you are correct, I suspect the rationale is that it will be easier to reign them in down the road through Obummercare. If costs of care and pharmaceuticals continues to rise at such a swift rate there will be a hue and cry to reign in expenses on the program, such that you would not be able to harness politically if all insurance were still obtained through purely private means.

Two updates to this story:

1) Company reneged on their promise to lower the price of the drug. I hope this dude gets inoperable ball cancer.

2) A compounding company is offering the drug for 99 cents a pill, and the orders are pouring in.

http://www.theledger.com/article/20151127/NEWS/151129573

Not trying to start anytuing, but it seems strange that you would oppose this.

Not trying to start anytuing, but it seems strange that you would oppose this.

Oppose what?

Capitalism at its finest. A company got greedy, thus another company undercut them in price, and will take all their market share.

The consumer wins.

Absolutely. From what I've read about the compounding company they're not making significant coin on this, and they're doing it for other drugs where people have gotten greedy, so chalk one up for the good guys.

Absolutely. From what I've read about the compounding company they're not making significant coin on this, and they're doing it for other drugs where people have gotten greedy, so chalk one up for the good guys.

They won't have to make significant money from the individual pills. However, with ALL the business they are stealing from the other companies they will end up making a good bit.

Oppose what?

The version of capitalism where the seller attempts to gouge the buyer, maybe its the veracity of your apparent opposition.

The version of capitalism where the seller attempts to gouge the buyer, maybe its the veracity of your apparent opposition.

Yeah, right, figured that's what you were talking about after I posted and thought about it a little bit more. You want to compare this to my selling my house for what it was worth. There are a couple of important distinctions:

1) This guy clearly isn't selling the product for what it's worth since a competitor has jumped in and is selling the same product for 99 cents.

2) I never accused this guy of committing a felony, as you did to me.

In closing, I think the guy is a total d*ck but not that he's doing anything illegal. Maybe it should be but that's another discussion. So, if you want to think I'm a d*ck for selling my house at market value go ahead. You're entitled to do that. But, just as in the threads where you got your ass handed to you for arguing that I should have sold my house at a discount, you'll just look like a fool AGAIN.