Sign in to follow this  
edjr

The Night Of

seems to me like there is an awful lot to tie up in 1, 1 hour episode next week.

I believe the finale is scheduled for 1 hour 35 minutes. It's gonna be like watching a movie.

I love the role that Chaulky White (Freddy) is playing in sending Nas to the very deep end.

"he ain't nothin' but a n!gga with a dictionary" - Chalky White

I have a feeling this show is gonna go for the big reveal with about 5 minutes to go.

Is it possible that Nas is playin' Freddy?

So we"lll presumably find out who did it in 12/13 hits from now.

What is your prediction ??

Not sure what I think. Great show. John is a great character.

Hope they bring it back with a new story but not like True Detective- back with John Stone - new story.

I guess. Not sure just rambling.

Not sure what I think. Great show. John is a great character.

Hope they bring it back with a new story but not like True Detective- back with John Stone - new story.

I guess. Not sure just rambling.

Not to pat myself on the back but after this show I googled to get inside info and critics are saying much like True Detective they feel the first story was so solid they have to change to new characters if there is a season 2. I still fell Jine Stone is solid enough to continue AND you can fill in spots with Andrea's real murder if you want.

Side Arch Nas and is post prison life.

A lot to be followed up on.

Not surprising we are left not knowing who did it.

Nas still could have

Nas still could have

Without finding the real murderer most of the people in his community will always think he did it.

I think they would have a tough time getting a conviction on the Financial advisor too. A lot of circumstantial evidence there.

Without finding the real murderer most of the people in his community will always think he did it.

OJ all over again

Nas still could have

Even he doesn't know. Said it on the stand. "I don't know"

I think they made it pretty clear that the accountant did it. He's on video dumping a trash bag of bloody clothes in a sh!tty neighborhood. They're were just getting started on him

• Like 1

Overall a good watch. I'd give 8.5 stars. I thought they had a potential masterpiece after the 1st couple of episodes. They let it get away from them though.

The american criminal justice system needs some shoring up. Nas is a drug addict, hates his mother now, the mother thought he was guilty, probably will never graduate college, everyone still thinks he did it because it was a hung jury, father lost friends and the taxi medallion. That whole family is now a mess.

Thought the ending was pretty good with Stone being exactly where he was when the show began. A two bit lawyer.....plus a cat.

• Like 1

Overall a good watch. I'd give 8.5 stars. I thought they had a potential masterpiece after the 1st couple of episodes. They let it get away from them though.

The american criminal justice system needs some shoring up. Nas is a drug addict, hates his mother now, the mother thought he was guilty, probably will never graduate college, everyone still thinks he did it because it was a hung jury, father lost friends and the taxi medallion. That whole family is now a mess.

Thought the ending was pretty good with Stone being exactly where he was when the show began. A two bit lawyer.....plus a cat.

He got one of his bigger paydays for that case. He should also get higher profile work given his closing on the case. No one thought the kid would walk on that charge. But the show was very unrealistic re: the legal system which was disappointing. The first couple episodes showed great promise but it went downhill from there. Would watch a show about Stone as I really liked that character. The rest, not so much.

Can't even imagine Gandolfini in the role of Stone though.

If you are presumed innocent and there needs to be beyond reasonable doubt that you did it.

Why do they lock you in jail till it's over? Surely there is a better way?

Maybe you should be put in prison maybe, oh I don't know. When you're actually guilty of something?

If you are presumed innocent and there needs to be beyond reasonable doubt that you did it.

Why do they lock you in jail till it's over? Surely there is a better way?

Maybe you should be put in prison maybe, oh I don't know. When you're actually guilty of something?

They don't always. The law considers it a big step to take away someone's freedom. That's why we have a bail system. However, when a crime is heinous enough or there is concern about a person being a flight risk so they won't ever stand trial, taking away the accused's freedom may be warranted. in this case, both of those concerns existed and were discussed at the bail hearing in the show.

They don't always. The law considers it a big step to take away someone's freedom. That's why we have a bail system. However, when a crime is heinous enough or there is concern about a person being a flight risk so they won't ever stand trial, taking away the accused's freedom may be warranted. in this case, both of those concerns existed and were discussed at the bail hearing in the show.

:rolleyes:

Thank you captain obvious. I wasn't aware there is a bail system or that nas was denied bail

Maybe locking someone up that hasn't been convicted yet, with people that have been convicted of murder and rape. Maybe, just maybe that isn't the best policy.

:rolleyes:

Thank you captain obvious. I wasn't aware there is a bail system or that nas was denied bail

Maybe locking someone up that hasn't been convicted yet, with people that have been convicted of murder and rape. Maybe, just maybe that isn't the best policy.

That's one of the main points of this show. It wanted to show the unintended consequences of the system. That includes his Dad losing his livelihood due to the actions of his son, Nas becoming hardened in prison, the prosecutor ignoring exculpatory evidence, and more. It's a sad state. However, assuming the state actually believed him guilty, what is your alternative/solution? Should we let people we believe are guilty of violent murders out until their trial? Gang members who kill entire families? it's worth discussing and thinking about but I suspect we save a lot more lives than we ruin by not letting everyone out if they haven't been convicted yet.

Should we let people we believe are guilty of violent murders out until their trial? Gang members who kill entire families? it's worth discussing and thinking about but I suspect we save a lot more lives than we ruin by not letting everyone out if they haven't been convicted yet.

Where did I say they should be free to potentially commit a crime or more crimes?

What's wrong with solitary confinement? or something similar?

Remember OJ? he wasn't in gen pop

Where did I say they should be free to potentially commit a crime or more crimes?

I don't know where O.J. was but I doubt it was solitary. Solitary can be it's own hell. And, while this show basically happened over the course of a couple of months, the normal time frame for a murder trial is years. You don't think putting someone in solitary for years is a bad idea as well?

I don't know where O.J. was but I doubt it was solitary. Solitary can be it's own hell. And, while this show basically happened over the course of a couple of months, the normal time frame for a murder trial is years. You don't think putting someone in solitary for years is a bad idea as well?

solitary confinement? or something similar?

you're fun to talk to

you're fun to talk to

And? What do you mean by something similar? And how would have it have a less detrimental effect that actual solitary? I'm sorry you're having trouble with this discussion. This is an interesting topic. It would be great if we had an alternative to what NAS had to deal with. I also think they made it a little more extreme than happens IRL most of the time. But unless we have a good alternative we may come back to "this is the best we got". I thought the show did a good job of showing the unintended consequences of our system, especially for innocent people who get caught up in it. I just don't know what we could do differently.

If you are going to deny bail then you should jail them separate from the general prison population. Give them their own cells with toilet, shower, telephone and a tv. Give them the option of mingling with other prisoners or staying in their own cells.

If you are going to deny bail then you should jail them separate from the general prison population. Give them their own cells with toilet, shower, telephone and a tv. Give them the option of mingling with other prisoners or staying in their own cells.

And they should be handsomely rewarded if they are found not guilty. They should not have to pay for any representation including experts or whatever.

Every so often they find these guys innocent after being on death row for decades (DNA) only to send them out in the streets with virtually nothing....varies state to state I believe. Sickening

And they should be handsomely rewarded if they are found not guilty. They should not have to pay for any representation including experts or whatever.

Every so often they find these guys innocent after being on death row for decades (DNA) only to send them out in the streets with virtually nothing....varies state to state I believe. Sickening

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

100%.

why should they be treated like a prisoner when they haven't been found guilty of anything yet

I think they would have a tough time getting a conviction on the Financial advisor too. A lot of circumstantial evidence there.

Would never happen. You already arrested, charged, and put to trial another man for the same murder. But that ended in a hung jury so now this other guy did it? :rolleyes:

Easiest acquittal ever.

Re: the show, it did get away from them once the case actually went to trial. Believability went way down and they introduced some pretty dumb plot devices like the young attorney gal falling for Nas.

I get the end result was to show her getting chewed up and spit out by the legal profession but they could've found much better ways for that. Like she wins the case and goes back to her bigtime firm expecting huge fanfair but what she gets is "that didn't pencil out for us at all, you're fired." Now that would have been realistic.

Just some stuff like that they dropped the ball on in the last half of the season or "limited run" or whatever we're calling these things now.

What do you know anyway FakeJohnStone

:wave:

:D

Unfortunately there was a lawyer spinoff from breaking bad, or I'd like to see another one

Binge watched it yesterday. It was good enough to keep me interested, but it's forgettable.

I didn't think it was all that. The acting by some of the characters was downright bad. (Prosecuting attorney)

The story had some guts to it, but it just didn't pull me in like it could have with better writing/acting.

I'd give it a solid B- at best.

Regardless, it was a good watch.

Binge watched it yesterday. It was good enough to keep me interested, but it's forgettable.

I didn't think it was all that. The acting by some of the characters was downright bad. (Prosecuting attorney)

The story had some guts to it, but it just didn't pull me in like it could have with better writing/acting.

I'd give it a solid B- at best.

Regardless, it was a good watch.

accurate

I think the prosecutor wasn't necessarily as bad at acting as deplorable a character.

I respect Freddy more than her