Sign in to follow this  
fandandy

A random thread about stupid sh1t that pisses you off

Yes, well, I am a disconnected dad in this situation who has killed too many brain cells. Turns out we never gave the youngest the tonsillectomy. We scheduled it, but never did it. My oldest had it for different reasons. So, we have that going for us. Now I have to figure out what my kids' names are. :unsure:

Good, because tonsillectomy has really come under scrutiny in recent years as a largely unnecessary (and potentially harmful) procedure.

Front Desk building security lady :mad:

Me :! Have a nice night Silvia

Her : OK

Really? Not thanks or you too - OK ??

And what pisses me off about me is I do it every day :mad: it's automatic

My usual response to "Have a nice night." is "Thanks, made other plans."

A random thread about stupid sh1t that pisses you off

Parking Lots / Spaces

I hate modern parking lots with all their "islands" and landscaping, plow it all down and give us the old wide open parking lots that just had some painted spaces and an occasional light. Seriously though, most modern parking lots are a freaking obstacle course and unless you're handicapped you have to park a block or 2 away.

Who's the dumbass that started that crap? :wall:

Penicillin. Back in the day they used the gun to give the injections. Wish they still had it when I got to give the trainees injections. But they changed it to regular syringes. I still jammed them in the arm to increase the pain because it's basic. You're supposed to have pain

What a tool..

Ha! Don't be pissed. It's a right of passage.

No it isn't, I'm all for pain in basic if it serves a purpose, but to do it just to do it is very unprofessional

No it isn't, I'm all for pain in basic if it serves a purpose, but to do it just to do it is very unprofessional

Not in basic training it's not. It's a given in basic. I had done to me just like you had it done to you. Just continuing the cycle. If you think that is unprofessional then I don't know what kind of cupcake basic training you went to but when I went through pain was part of the program

Not in basic training it's not. It's a given in basic. I had done to me just like you had it done to you. Just continuing the cycle. If you think that is unprofessional then I don't know what kind of cupcake basic training you went to but when I went through pain was part of the program

You are the very reason many former military are despised. You are an insecure little puzzy of a man trying so very hard to compensate for your failure of a life.

It was done to me, doesn't mean I have to do it to someone else.

When I accidentally open a wiffleball thread

Splash back from urinals. There are certain ones that no matter where one aims your legs are getting splattered. SO gross.

Penicillin. Back in the day they used the gun to give the injections. Wish they still had it when I got to give the trainees injections. But they changed it to regular syringes. I still jammed them in the arm to increase the pain because it's basic. You're supposed to have pain

THIS is the future of American health care.

You are the very reason many former military are despised. You are an insecure little ###### of a man trying so very hard to compensate for your failure of a life.

Lol if you say so slick. But keep in mind trainees were meant to be treated bad. It's initiation like a fraternity. Once they are done with basic they are fine.

Lol if you say so slick. But keep in mind trainees were meant to be treated bad. It's initiation like a fraternity. Once they are done with basic they are fine.

Not if they are coming out like your pathetic lying worthless azz.

Viral pharyngitis is way more common than strep throat, which is only diagnosed between 5-15% of the time. Certain "viral" symptoms like cough, runny nose, oral ulcers and hoarseness suggest strep throat is extremely unlikely, making testing unnecessary.

If you child has truly had documented recurrent pharyngitis with positive strep cultures, he may be a strep carrier. It isn't always clear if the strep causes recurrent infection, or is just a bystander in a patient with recurrent viral pharyngitis. Except in extraordinary circumstances, treatment of strep carriers is not recommended, as it has no impact on subsequent throat infections.

The good news is, almost all children grow out of their susceptibility to strep throat. Additionally the disease is usually self limited (it will get better whether antibiotics are given or not), with antibiotics most important to prevent serious complications of strep (like rheumatic fever), which are exceedingly rare nowadays. Also with proper hygiene it is fairly easy to prevent spread to household contacts.

I used to get strep every year as a kid. When I was a senior in hs, I thought it was gonna kill me.

It was done to me, doesn't mean I have to do it to someone else.

Sorry but yes it does when it involves trainees. I'm not going to put my kid gloves on for them like I do for the rest of my patients. They get the standard treatment just like everyone before them and everyone after them.

Not if they are coming out like your pathetic lying worthless azz.

Lol whatever you say bucko. If you didn't go through and had to deal with trainees on a regular basis then you have no clue as to what im talking about and therefore your argument is invalid

Air Force basic training? That's as cupcake as it gets. Please

Air Force basic training? That's as cupcake as it gets. Please

I don't think you would know seeing as you haven't even served...

I don't think you would know seeing as you haven't even served...

Ah ha! The Air Force is soft and everyone knows it.

Ah ha! The Air Force is soft and everyone knows it.

If you say so buddy. It's tougher than people who haven't served though ;)

If you say so buddy. It's tougher than people who haven't served though ;)

What makes you say that? I had my DD-214 in my hand when you were playing operation in your basement

What makes you say that? I had my DD-214 in my hand when you were playing operation in your basement

Pics or it didn't happen

I used to get strep every year as a kid. When I was a senior in hs, I thought it was gonna kill me.

And surprise(!), you got over it like just about everybody else. Because rheumatic fever is almost nonexistent in the developed world, some people argue we shouldn't even give antibiotics for strep throat. I don't agree, but the point is strep throat is a self limited illness the vast majority of the time.

P.S. Gonorrhea can also cause pharyngitis.

Pics or it didn't happen

Good post. Make him prove it, people people lie about everything now days.

• Like 1

More like playing hide the salami with his step dad in the basement.

Good post. Make him prove it, people people lie about everything now days.

Well, you must be a liar when it comes to your qualifications in the oil business. You don't know shite

Well, you must be a liar when it comes to your qualifications in the oil business. You don't know shite

My post clearly went over your head. It was a play on the fact that djgb is the biggest liar on this board and i found it funny that he was calling out someone else for being a liar.

Good for you for sneaking in a dig at me, I will try to give you more opportunities in the future to bring this up. :thumbsup:

People in front of my at the convenience store buying lottery tickets taking for focking ever.

Chewing with your mouth opened.

People who think they are intelligent but are really one of the dumbest mofos in the office/school/group.

Small talk.

My post clearly went over your head. It was a play on the fact that djgb is the biggest liar on this board and i found it funny that he was calling out someone else for being a liar.

Good for you for sneaking in a dig at me, I will try to give you more opportunities in the future to bring this up. :thumbsup:

My bad. You usually come my way. 6 month moratorium on bringing it up again. I can do better.

Just sent my kid to the doctor with high fever, sore throat and stomach issues. He has a history of strep throat with the same symptoms (like 6+ times). Rapid test always comes back negative only to have the culture show that he has it. Doctor, in his infinite wisdom, says that it is viral and does not need antibiotics, so now we are going to waste 48 hours with him infecting us all when he could have been on antibiotics today.

Happens to us all the time too.

I went last year for what I KNEW was strep. I literally sat in the room where they do the culture, CRYING because I was in so much pain, and telling them I knew it was strep, just give me drugs and send me home. I waited THREE HOURS and got so fed up and left.

What do you know, had to drive my sick ass back to the doctor the next day to get my Rx for strep. I get not wanting to hand out Abx like candy, but FOCK ME.

Focking gossip. I have heard at least three rumors about myself in the last couple of days, none of which are even true. Hell, the stories that ARE true are better, no need to invent stupid crap.

Need to have a chat with a couple of the boys about operational security.

I went last year for what I KNEW was strep. I literally sat in the room where they do the culture, CRYING because I was in so much pain, and telling them I knew it was strep, just give me drugs and send me home. I waited THREE HOURS and got so fed up and left.

What do you know, had to drive my sick ass back to the doctor the next day to get my Rx for strep. I get not wanting to hand out Abx like candy, but FOCK ME.

I hate that sh!t. Outside of heavy pain meds, I should be able to buy whatever I want.

Oh wait, I can walk fifty feet from my door and buy antibiotics, viagara, whatever with no prescription. But America is the land of the free.

And surprise(!), you got over it like just about everybody else. Because rheumatic fever is almost nonexistent in the developed world, some people argue we shouldn't even give antibiotics for strep throat. I don't agree, but the point is strep throat is a self limited illness the vast majority of the time.

P.S. Gonorrhea can also cause pharyngitis.

Can't it damage your heart and/lungs if you don't get it treated?

Antibiotics shorten then duration of strep throat symptoms by 16 hours on average. Because there is no reliable clinical finding that distinguishes strep from viral pharyngitis, the doctor needs a definitive diagnosis, as strep accounts for a only minority of sore throat cases in adults. Antibiotic resistance, adverse effects and secondary infections are collateral damage from unnecessary prescription of antibiotics, not to mention wasting your $ if you have a viral infection.

Your doctor did nothing wrong, unless he didn't recommend or prescribe analgesics while waiting for the test results.

Can't it damage your heart and/lungs if you don't get it treated?

It can damage your heart and kidneys, as well as extend outside the throat in rare cases. But you can also die from improperly prescribed antibiotics.

The estimated risk of heart or kidney damage is 2-14 per 100,000 cases in the developed world. Spread outside the throat is more common, ~1 in 1000 cases. Those risks are so low you can wait a day for culture results.

Chicks with cackling laughs who thing everything is just focking hilarious.

Or he girls who do stupid sh1t like actually say "lol" or "lmao" instead of actually laughing or being like "oh my god that was so #cool" saying hashtags in normal conversation

Got up early today to go to the cancer center for follow up chest xray to find no orders. They are booked to the high heavens today and tomorrow and I need to have it for my appt with the pulm on Friday. What's normally an in and out turned into a 2+ hour wait. Don't have the patience nor energy for this! :mad: