Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

Texas Tells NFL GFY

The NFL says they may not give another SB to the state if they pass a bathroom bill. Good luck with that NFL. Governor tells them to F Off.

The NFL is going the way of ESPN. I hope they hang themselves with this. Were it not for fantasy football I dare say that 40% of people who follow it religiously would stop altogether.

Abbot had a good point, if the NFL is so worried, make the teams put in transgender restrooms.

They'll have at least 1 brand spanking new Stadium in So-Cali to play the SB at. Better weather and better looking local population. Win win for all.

It's so dumb. The whole thing. We went through this in North Carolina.......

People are still peeing where they want too btw, nothing has changed. It's not like there are bathroom police checking genitalia at the door. JFC :doh:

1. It's only public entities (schools - gov't buildings)

2. We're talking like less than 1% of the population

The only reason for the rule is that if something ever goes down there is a rule in place to use......and to also prevent the government from telling private business what to do in regards.

Let's see. 2 pro football teams, 3 NBA teams, 2 MLB teams, God knows how many NCAA teams. And it's one of the most populated states with a robust middlle class that likes going to sporting events. And won't give rats ass if Pop acts won't play there. I think these bathroom warrior nut jobs have met their match. And an NHL team.

• Like 1

Yet but the NFL and NBA are looking to tap into the China market. Play games there.

Google China - homosexuality.

:doh:

Greg Abbott is such a hypocrite. Most people who haven't seen him in person don't realize this, but he's just another Kapernick. Do you realize that during the entire time that President Obama was in office, Abbott never ONCE stood for the National Anthem?

It's just pointless saber rattling, the NFL already told Dallas they'd probably never have another SB because how bad they ran it, Houston just hosted and won't be in line for ten or so years anyway.

NFL shouldn't be making these threats. TX shouldn't be passing discriminatory bills to fix problems that don't exist.

NFL moved a SB from AZ to CA back in the day because of MLK Day. So they've already gone down this road. Plus, they don't really need Dallas or Houston to host. They can always find another city.

NFL moved a SB from AZ to CA back in the day because of MLK Day. So they've already gone down this road. Plus, they don't really need Dallas or Houston to host. They can always find another city.

I'm thinking Dubai or maybe Beijing. Lots of money to be made.

It's so dumb. The whole thing. We went through this in North Carolina.......

People are still peeing where they want too btw, nothing has changed. It's not like there are bathroom police checking genitalia at the door. JFC :doh:

1. It's only public entities (schools - gov't buildings)

2. We're talking like less than 1% of the population

The only reason for the rule is that if something ever goes down there is a rule in place to use......and to also prevent the government from telling private business what to do in regards.

1. Isn't the state in court over their bill?

2. If so, don't you think that might impact how it is currently enforced?

3. Haven't there been sporting events and business expansions been pulled as a result of the current bill?

Identity politics is all the left has to offer.

It's just pointless saber rattling, the NFL already told Dallas they'd probably never have another SB because how bad they ran it, Houston just hosted and won't be in line for ten or so years anyway

Which was basically Bullshiit posturing.. Jerry did have a couple hiccups, but for the most part it was the freakish, once a century ice storm that really crippled that SB... It was literally the coldest, worst ice storm we've an in 100 years.. This past SB, it was sunny and 78 degrees.

The NFL is perhaps the most greedy sports entity there is, and a covered stadium that can fit 115,000 is too juicy to piss away.

Which was basically Bullshiit posturing.. Jerry did have a couple hiccups, but for the most part it was the freakish, once a century ice storm that really crippled that SB... It was literally the coldest, worst ice storm we've an in 100 years.. This past SB, it was sunny and 78 degrees.

The NFL is perhaps the most greedy sports entity there is, and a covered stadium that can fit 115,000 is too juicy to piss away.

Jerry got a bad deal on that one. The weather screwed them.

However, it does seem like Dallas and Houston do suffer from being spread out. With all of that space, it makes it tough to have the hotels and party hosting areas for a SB near the stadium. Houston did better this year than in 2004.

Jerry got a bad deal on that one. The weather screwed them.

However, it does seem like Dallas and Houston do suffer from being spread out. With all of that space, it makes it tough to have the hotels and party hosting areas for a SB near the stadium. Houston did better this year than in 2004.

Dallas for sure is spread out.. And the NFL has a real legit point there to never give Jerry another SB... You had the game in Arlington, all the festivities 20 miles away in Ft. Worth, one team practicing 30 miles another direction away from the stadium - it's just a logistical nightmare... But I think Houston pulled it off really great. From all I heard, that was one of the better SB scenes ever.

Dallas for sure is spread out.. And the NFL has a real legit point there to never give Jerry another SB... You had the game in Arlington, all the festivities 20 miles away in Ft. Worth, one team practicing 30 miles another direction away from the stadium - it's just a logistical nightmare... But I think Houston pulled it off really great. From all I heard, that was one of the better SB scenes ever.

Houston redeemed themselves by investing around NRG, but they sucked in 2004. They were lucky that Jacksonville sucked even worse in 2005. Houston invested in this SB because they want to upgrade the stadium and they want public dollars for it. Good luck with that in today's climate.

Both Texas stadiums face challenges in hosting a SB anytime soon, but I think that there is a lot of flux in teams and stadiums over the next several years (and beyond). The life expectancy of a stadium is amazingly short in NFL terms now.

Jerry had said he hoped to bring the Draft to Dallas.

Jerry had said he hoped to bring the Draft to Dallas.

Yes.. And this I bet he gets.

Good, they should never hold the Super Bowl in Texas. It should always be played in America.

I agree.

Good, they should never hold the Super Bowl in Texas. It should always be played in America.

I'm good with it never coming here again... All it does is turn downtown into a logistical nightmare and it's a real pain in the ass for us who work in it.

I'm good with it never coming here again... All it does is turn downtown into a logistical nightmare and it's a real pain in the ass for us who work in it.

My commute went from 15 minutes to about an hour during super bowl week, sucked

The NFL is very clumsily trying to obfuscate the clear and present dangers of playing football by pandering to snowflakes who really couldn't care less about the NFL. If the Governer of Texas had real balls, he'd point this out.

Truth is the NFL can do whatever it wants with its brand.

And Texas can do whatever it wants legislatively.

But when you're doing what you think is best for your brand/state, you run the risk of alienating someone. If Texas feels they're in the right passing this law. So be it. But don't expect business as usual. There's going to be a ripple effect.

Same with the NFL. If you're going to take a stand on social issues, you assume the risk of losing fans. If that's something they're willing to risk....cool.

You can't have it both ways though. If you place yourself squarely on a side with these social issues, don't cry that there are consequences by doing so.

The NFL is very clumsily trying to obfuscate the clear and present dangers of playing football by pandering to snowflakes who really couldn't care less about the NFL. If the Governer of Texas had real balls, he'd point this out.

His legs don't even work - I doubt his balls do.

There's a certain irony in a guy that relies upon Laws creating special bathrooms for guys like him Now trying to create Laws regarding bathrooms.

New England doesn't host, they just attend very often. :)

Detroit hosts, just NEVER attends. :lol:

And Texas can do whatever it wants legislatively.

But when you're doing what you think is best for your brand/state, you run the risk of alienating someone. If Texas feels they're in the right passing this law. So be it. But don't expect business as usual. There's going to be a ripple effect.

Same with the NFL. If you're going to take a stand on social issues, you assume the risk of losing fans. If that's something they're willing to risk....cool.

You can't have it both ways though. If you place yourself squarely on a side with these social issues, don't cry that there are consequences by doing so.

Am I allowed to roll my eyes and point out hypocrisy if the NFL or NBA or whatever speaks of playing games in China or most other countries that actually have real anti- homo laws and customs.? Opposed to simple bathroom guidelines.

TIA

Truth is the NFL doesn't give a rat's ass about bathroom equality - it cares about $$$, and how much they can pocket... Paul Tags and the league knew for years about the dangers of concussions - did they do anything about it? Hell no. Why? Bcoz the atm machine couldn't spit out millions fast enough....... This is just posturing, trying to project an image of them giving a shiit - which they really don't.

Truth is the NFL doesn't give a rat's ass about bathroom equality - it cares about $$$, and how much they can pocket... Paul Tags and the league knew for years about the dangers of concussions - did they do anything about it? Hell no. Why? Bcoz the atm machine couldn't spit out millions fast enough....... This is just posturing, trying to project an image of them giving a shiit - which they really don't.

Absolutely. The NFL isn't trying to implement social change by taking a "stand". They're minimizing the cost to their brand....at least by their calculations. If they proceed with business as usual after TX passes a bathroom bill, there will be boycotts and lost corporate sponsors. The NFL apparently thinks the road they've taken on this issue is less destructive.

Guys like KSB roll their eyes and pout on a low rent online forum over these leagues' hypocrisy. But he still watches. And the suits know it.

Houston redeemed themselves by investing around NRG, but they sucked in 2004. They were lucky that Jacksonville sucked even worse in 2005. Houston invested in this SB because they want to upgrade the stadium and they want public dollars for it. Good luck with that in today's climate.

Both Texas stadiums face challenges in hosting a SB anytime soon, but I think that there is a lot of flux in teams and stadiums over the next several years (and beyond). The life expectancy of a stadium is amazingly short in NFL terms now.

The Super Dome is holding up. They finally put in the high def big screens. They built champion square a few years back. New Orleans is the best place to host the game. Twenty five minute walk from the Dome to the Quarter. Everything is right there.

The Super Dome is holding up. They finally put in the high def big screens. They built champion square a few years back. New Orleans is the best place to host the game. Twenty five minute walk from the Dome to the Quarter. Everything is right there.

I don't care what they build around there, I love the SB in NOLA. Plenty of bars and hotels. All walking distance to the Dome.

The people know how to host people looking for a good time. Every 3 years they can have it there