Sign in to follow this  
throttlers

Time to trade Megatron?

Is it time to trade him in dynasty, while his vale is still high. If he misses time with injury again, his value could start the downturn this year. Dynasty owners, are you selling or holding? What's his trade value right now?

Yes it's the time no question

I traded him last year for Cobb and 1.1. But I was in rebuilding mode. Now might be the last chance to get anything good out of him.

I traded FOR him by giving up Brandon Marshall . I just like Megatron MORE with M.Stafford throwing to him then Marshall now with "whomever" throwing to him.

I traded him last season for G. Bernard, D. Freeman, K. Allen & a 3rd round rookie pick.

I am in rebuilding mode so it made sense for me plus I have J. Hill so I have Cincinnati's backfield on lockdown.

I am considering an offer of Benjamin and pick 1.2. I'm leaning towards pulling the trigger.

I'd do that deal. You get Benjamin + either Gurley/Gordon/Cooper/White depending on what the rest of your roster looks like.

Agree , it's time to do a deal for Johnson , and I would do the deal

I traded FOR him by giving up Brandon Marshall . I just like Megatron MORE with M.Stafford throwing to him then Marshall now with "whomever" throwing to him.

That's one of the stupider trades I've seen in a long time, for him I mean. It was straight up?

I am considering an offer of Benjamin and pick 1.2. I'm leaning towards pulling the trigger.

Now is the time that you do a deal like that, you will be reaping the rewards for the next 8 yrs.

But I know its hard to cut ties.

I traded him last year for nelson and A williams (nyg)

Then i traded nelson for gronk and Cruz.

since my giants suck I basically traded calvin for Gronk. I think that worked out well enough for me..

Calvin is broken down.

jdon

Well, the other owner pulled the deal. I have offered it back, but not sure if he will accept. Now the owner of the 1.1 pick is interested. He took over a new team which he pretty much gutted. He doesn't have much in the way of players, but he has plenty picks. Would you trade Calvin for 1.1 and another late first or early 2nd rounder?

Well, the other owner pulled the deal. I have offered it back, but not sure if he will accept. Now the owner of the 1.1 pick is interested. He took over a new team which he pretty much gutted. He doesn't have much in the way of players, but he has plenty picks. Would you trade Calvin for 1.1 and another late first or early 2nd rounder?

Depends on who else is available and scoring system of the league and roster size I would need to see them values first before I would know .

I'm part of the Megatron resurgence camp and believe he'll been very good (top 5 WR) for the next two years at least. I've traded him away in one league that I'm rebuilding in but have managed to trade for him in 2 other leagues. Got him and 2.05 for Watkins/Jor Cameron and 2.03 in one league and Dez/2.05 for Mega/Gore/1.12 in the other. All three of the trades went down shortly after free agency started. Trading for him in win now dynasty teams is a good move, because he's undervalued imo.

If you're in dynasty leagues then I would hold him for at least another year or two. I believe he still has that long for a top 3 performance. Once he hits 31-32 I would trade him. He might help someone in a dynasty league that immediate year but for the long haul it would be time then to move on

Right now is the right time to trade high if you own C Johnson

If you're in dynasty leagues then I would hold him for at least another year or two. I believe he still has that long for a top 3 performance. Once he hits 31-32 I would trade him. He might help someone in a dynasty league that immediate year but for the long haul it would be time then to move on

This is faulty logic; in another year or two his value will be non existent.

I think you either buy low on him if you are making a run this year OR you ditch him now while you can still get something...

• Like 1

I think you either buy low on him if you are making a run this year OR you ditch him now while you can still get something...

I understand what you're saying, but buy low also translates into sell low. I don't really want to sell low on what I consider a top 10 Wr.

• Like 2

So far what I have seen is that there is interest in people trying to buy low. There are not many legit offers for him. That makes me think that in a year or 2 it will be even worse, unless he just has a monster year this year.

So far what I have seen is that there is interest in people trying to buy low. There are not many legit offers for him. That makes me think that in a year or 2 it will be even worse, unless he just has a monster year this year.

No question . Find that Lions fan that is just dying for a chance to have him on their fantasy team sale high .

This is what I'm seeing and how I feel as well. In dynasty if you wanted the Calvin premium it could still be had early last off-season, but by the time the season rolled around most lumped him in with the rest of the elites, though few would give up one of the younger elites for him.

Early this off-season he was no longer part of that elite group in trade terms but he still brings solid value in rookie pick terms or multiple strong players or a combo. This year it will be crucial for him to stay healthy and Stafford to be solid.

If Calvin gets hurt and or Stafford really sucks to the point its not obvious Calvin is an upper half 2016 WR1 then he is going to plummet very badly in dynasty value next off-season. He could be a great buy low at that point, but I'm not sure he is now. I think he is terrific, there's just a lot of risk on the risk-reward spectrum because you are still paying significant value to buy him.

That's not faulty logic. Megaton is was 30? In WR years that's still a good age. He is also a complete freak when it comes to athleticism. He had a somewhat down year cause he got dinged. His value is at it's lowest ever. I believe he still has at least another good 2 years left in him to be a top 3 receiver. If you get rid of him now you'll get next to nothing for his value. Wait another year at least and his value will jump back up

That's not faulty logic. Megaton is was 30? In WR years that's still a good age. He is also a complete freak when it comes to athleticism. He had a somewhat down year cause he got dinged. His value is at it's lowest ever. I believe he still has at least another good 2 years left in him to be a top 3 receiver. If you get rid of him now you'll get next to nothing for his value. Wait another year at least and his value will jump back up

How do you know his value will jump up ? . What if he get hurt ? This is the right time to sale high

• Like 1

How do you know his value will jump up ? . What if he get hurt ? This is the right time to sale high

How do you know it will drop and he won't do good? The guy has been a superstar year after year. This last one was a down year cause of injury. You won't get much from him right now so the best option is to wait at least another year. The guy isn't old and is an athletic freak of nature. The chances of him bouncing back this year are much higher than him failing. Prime example is Foster this past year. Coming off injury and a bad season as well as contemplating retirement Foster put up great numbers. And he had a lot of mileage on him.

How do you know it will drop and he won't do good? The guy has been a superstar year after year. This last one was a down year cause of injury. You won't get much from him right now so the best option is to wait at least another year. The guy isn't old and is an athletic freak of nature. The chances of him bouncing back this year are much higher than him failing. Prime example is Foster this past year. Coming off injury and a bad season as well as contemplating retirement Foster put up great numbers. And he had a lot of mileage on him.

Foster is kind of an interesting example because despite being a year older he didn't drop that much.........but he did drop in value despite having a solid year in dynasty startup ADP.

Dynasty ADP April 2014 Foster RB 18 Pick number 53.50

http://dynastyleaguefootball.com/adpdata/?month=4

Dynasty ADP March 2015 Foster RB 20 Pick number 62.17

http://dynastyleaguefootball.com/adpdata/2015-adp/?month=3

Foster will also drop quite a bit further in dynasty ADP this off-season IMO if the Texans choose to use a high pick on a RB as is rumored.

That gets to the heart of the point I think. Calvin needs to have a year with no injuries and good production regardless of what happens around him just to MAINTAIN his current dynasty value.

If you are a team that is in the mix this year and all goes as planned you would love a scenario where you get high WR1 production from him and he doesn't lose any value despite being a year older. But if anything goes awry, such as another injury to himself or a situation beyond his control then you not only won't get the production but you will get another leg down in his value, that's just where he is in his career.

He could be a buy if he can put your team over the top AND if you are aware of and can stomach the risk, but if you are rebuilding or risk averse he may not be worth trading for at current prices. Unlike it says somewhere above in this thread he costs (or can be traded for) more than next to nothing. In all the trades I have seen, he is still being valued as approximately a low 2nd -high 3rd round startup pick or even higher which is plenty to be at risk IMO.

Don't know . just like you don't know . Only God knows . While a player still holds value is the time to sale and with C Johnson he still has a high value , I say sale high it's the time . I will be looking I have hi. On one of my teams .

Don't know . just like you don't know . Only God knows . While a player still holds value is the time to sale and with C Johnson he still has a high value , I say sale high it's the time . I will be looking I have hi. On one of my teams .

Exactly. You don't know and I don't know. However, I have a trend that I can follow that says he will have a bounce back year and still be relevant for at least 2 years. Therefore, I say hold for another year and let him build his value back up

I think Calvin's trend is that he's been getting dinged every year for the last 2 or 3 years. The trend to me does not look good. I see G. Tate taking away is production rather then adding to his value. He looks old basically and seems to be aging quick IMO.

I think now is the time to sell also. That being said, if I'm not getting good value for him then I'm holding "just in case" he does bounce back. And he could.

But, long term it's better to sacrifice his one or two bounce back years he may or may not have.

But, if your getting the type of deal that was first talked about in this topic then that's still good value. I would easily jump on a Benjamin and 1st round draft pick. That's a sweet deal to me. I would have jumped on that right away. I would have taken less even.

Exactly. You don't know and I don't know. However, I have a trend that I can follow that says he will have a bounce back year and still be relevant for at least 2 years. Therefore, I say hold for another year and let him build his value back up

Will there you go . You have our way and I have made . That's good enough for me .

I agree I would not trade him just to trade him . I would sale high , but if the offer is not right no question I would hold unto him . But if I can work out a fair and high sale I am doing the deal . long ago I would unto players longer than I should have then in a wink of a eye their value drops . So if the deal is fair and good I am making the trade .

Dynasty is just as much about winning now as it is next year. No need to take a low ball offer just to make a trade if you don't need to.

Foster will also drop quite a bit further in dynasty ADP this off-season IMO if the Texans choose to use a high pick on a RB as is rumored.

Where did this rumor come from?

If you own a stud like Megatron in a dynasty league, I think you just ride him until the wheels fall off. There is no doubt that he still has the potential to be the #1 WR. Why would you trade that for a bunch of question marks? Reminds me of Curtis Martin a couple of years back. After a couple of down years when he was getting vultured at the goal line and found himself on the wrong side of 30 and everybody thought he was toast. Then he put up a magical season where led the league in rushing and led more than a few fantasy teams to championships.

If you own a stud like Megatron in a dynasty league, I think you just ride him until the wheels fall off. There is no doubt that he still has the potential to be the #1 WR. Why would you trade that for a bunch of question marks? Reminds me of Curtis Martin a couple of years back. After a couple of down years when he was getting vultured at the goal line and found himself on the wrong side of 30 and everybody thought he was toast. Then he put up a magical season where led the league in rushing and led more than a few fantasy teams to championships.

Depends on the offer and the needs of your team . You might fill in some holes by trading A stud player high later in there careers, I have no problem moving on from players that I have own on my teams . And if I can get a fair and offer that helps improves my teams weakness I am taking it and not looking back . It's a done deal .

Dynasty is just as much about winning now as it is next year. No need to take a low ball offer just to make a trade if you don't need to.

Where did this rumor come from?

As in where did it originate? Or as in what is the logic?

I have seen this posited as a need area in many places for the Texans all off-season.

This year numerous mocks have had the Texans taking a RB as high as the 1st round though the 2nd seems more likely.

Tactically they are in prime position to grab the cream of the crop of either of the top 2 rounds as they choose right above a series of teams that have a strong need and in an area above which RBs are considered a reach in value terms in the 1st round. Then once again above most of those teams in the second.

The link below is one from today, I simply Googled it, but I have seen RBs mocked to them in one of the top 2 rounds numerous places. This notes Gurley is set to visit. It would make some sense, Gurley will need time to get fully healthy and theoretically the Texans wouldn't miss him if he started the year on PUP. Also many feel Gurley will not be 100% until 2016, it could be especially difficult for him to be assimilated into any offense if he can't work for the full off-season. Obviously RB has been an important piece in Houston for a long time.

Maybe someone else can check Fosters contract situation beginning 2016.

http://www.hngn.com/articles/83249/20150408/houston-texans-rumors-todd-gurley-eyed-in-2015-nfl-draft-as-eventual-arian-foster-replacement.htm

Actually just checked myself and the Texans could save $7 million against the cap by cutting Foster next year while only taking a 2.5 million dead money hit.

Doesn't look like there is any obligation beyond 2015 so I would say its VERY realistic to consider Foster could be done in Houston after 2015.

Of course its also possible they could work out a new deal but you can see the path to them moving on, which would make a RB heir apparent an important consideration.

http://overthecap.com/player/arian-foster/1640/

Depends on the offer and the needs of your team . You might fill in some holes by trading A stud player high later in there careers, I have no problem moving on from players that I have own on my teams . And if I can get a fair and offer that helps improves my teams weakness I am taking it and not looking back . It's a done deal .

That's completely different than trading him just cause he is getting old and you think he might start going downhill. If I have a stud but have holes in my lineup I can fill by trading away said stud and getting a good, fair offer back then yea I would trade him. But trading him for the sake if trading him? No. If the deal is sweet enough I'll trade any player on my roster

That's completely different than trading him just cause he is getting old and you think he might start going downhill. If I have a stud but have holes in my lineup I can fill by trading away said stud and getting a good, fair offer back then yea I would trade him. But trading him for the sake if trading him? No. If the deal is sweet enough I'll trade any player on my roster

No question I won't trade him away because of his age unless he starts to fall apart and looks done , I don't think he looks finished to me . But he has missed playing time last two or three seasons , but his scoring per game avg is still top three WR easy . But for that reason I am looking to see if someone wants to make a deal and see what I might get for him do you see any problem with shopping him around to see what deal might take place ? I don't see any problems with it myself . and I know in two of the other leagues I am in they are calling about making deals for him , again do you see any problem with them shopping him to see what value they might get for him ? I sure don't it's apart of fantasy football imo

No question I won't trade him away because of his age unless he starts to fall apart and looks done , I don't think he looks finished to me . But he has missed playing time last two or three seasons , but his scoring per game avg is still top three WR easy . But for that reason I am looking to see if someone wants to make a deal and see what I might get for him do you see any problem with shopping him around to see what deal might take place ? I don't see any problems with it myself . and I know in two of the other leagues I am in they are calling about making deals for him , again do you see any problem with them shopping him to see what value they might get for him ? I sure don't it's apart of fantasy football imo

No there's nothing wrong with shopping him around to see if you can get a good deal. Hell I do that all the time. But trading just to try to get rid of him was something that I wouldn't do. I'm always up for shopping a player around to try and see if someone would give me something for better value

No there's nothing wrong with shopping him around to see if you can get a good deal. Hell I do that all the time. But trading just to try to get rid of him was something that I wouldn't do. I'm always up for shopping a player around to try and see if someone would give me something for better value

Will there you go we both feel the same way .