Sign in to follow this  
Gypsybrat

Go Colts

Looks to be starting the inactive Sterling Shepard for the second consecutive week (with TY Hilton on the bench for gods sake).

The Kats are vying with him for the first pick of the draft......but we still feel obligated to start our best line-up for the integrity of the league, so we do.

:thumbsdown:

the league is run by half retarded monkeys... this is what you get

dont forget jack doyle on the bench for josh hill....

I can not do anything like trades because I am done. You already have next years league fees to try and replace me. I am sorry. I do not even have time to return phone calls, let alone watch a football game. I thought this was done, I am sorry.

I am sorry I have failed you all. I tried to keep this up. I have not watched a NFL in years. I will never watch another one again either. I am sorry I let you down.

GoColts is so busy, you would almost think he had a job, and normal adult responsibilities.

My day is never my own and I can hardly make plans because they always get blown up. Plus, I am tryign to fockign move. So sorry man.

I can not do anything like trades because I am done.

what does this have to do with setting a lineup?

Seems like we need to recruit someone to at least take over for gocolts slice at least to finish out the season. May be hard to get anyone to take over that trainwreck long term. :wave:

Seems like we need to recruit someone to at least take over for gocolts slice at least to finish out the season. May be hard to get anyone to take over that trainwreck long term. :wave:

For next year, both the teams can go into the pool.

For next year, both the teams can go into the pool.

Gary kind of dicked out but I don't think he deserves to be drowned.

Gary kind of dicked out but I don't think he deserves to be drowned.

Dude all but admitted to abandoning his team, and hinted at the same in the future guys.

Gypsy is correct. All teams need to start what they believe to be their best lineups and try to win. I monitored this last week because of his Colts players being on a bye. Luckily he made lineup moves on Saturday to avert that crisis. I saw he had Shepard in, but it didnt look like any of his bench options played either at that time.

This week is a different story.

Ill admit....Gary being Gary kind of makes it harder for me to get mad at these things. He always shows so much contrition and tells us how much he loves the league, etc, and such words are effective on me. But...we cant pick and choose who we demand participation from.

Sorry. I tried to change but it was too late.

I LET YOU ALL DOWN.

I am sorry. I have been trying to keep this up and for two years now. I should have dropped out two years ago. I was worried you would never replace my shtt team with an ownere. My fault. All of it.

I am not winning jack shtt and never have. So lets not act like this is the end of the freaking world.

Yes, I dropped the ball and focked this all up and failed. Sorry.

It's not if you win or lose but the possible butterfly effect downstream that may occur due to incomplete lineups

He gone

Two options.

1. The Wheelchair Exception - If you are unable to walk, your life is so chaotic and sloppy that you cant set a lineup, but you promise to get it together and be an ideal owner next season, the commish will enter in your highest projected lineup at the start of the week.

2. The Beer and Urine Pool (see what the El Padrino did there?) - We pool those 2 rosters together and we have a 2 team draft at the beginning of the offseason. Commish still needs to enter the highest projected Urine lineup prior to games next week.

My heart wants to enact The Wheelchair Exception. Losing Gary would make our league less lovable. Really, it would mark the end of our innocence...... But intellectually, Ive made my views on these type issues known when other owners were being discussed. And Gary isnt even giving us the out of guaranteeing he will step up going forward.

So with the information currently available, if it comes to an official vote, Ill vote based on principle as opposed to emotion.

2. The Beer and Urine Pool (see what the El Padrino did there?) - We pool those 2 rosters together and we have a 2 team draft at the beginning of the offseason. Commish still needs to enter the highest projected Urine lineup prior to games next week.

Option 2. But his line up needs to be fixed for this week also (Sterling Shepard, Brian Quick, Benny Cunningham, Josh Hill, and debatably Charcandrick West should not have been started ahead of LeGarrette Blount, T.Y. Hilton, Jaron Brown, Jack Doyle and maybe Danny Woodhead).

Option 2. But his line up needs to be fixed for this week also (Sterling Shepard, Brian Quick, Benny Cunningham, Josh Hill, and debatably Charcandrick West should not have been started ahead of LeGarrette Blount, T.Y. Hilton, Jaron Brown, Jack Doyle and maybe Danny Woodhead).

Why dont you have your husband call him, and have him fix it? None of those guys have played yet, except SS. edjr wont be online until Monday, so good luck with anyone other than GoColts fixing his lineup. Maybe he can have his mudshark girlfriend, or one of her little nagger kids run his team, for the rest of the season.

And good luck to us all, finding two geeks to draft from the pool of players from those two teams! Not even WW could turn those two squads around in the next 3-4 years.

Why dont you have your husband call him, and have him fix it? None of those guys have played yet, except SS. edjr wont be online until Monday, so good luck with anyone other than GoColts fixing his lineup. Maybe he can have his mudshark girlfriend, or one of her little nagger kids run his team, for the rest of the season.

And good luck to us all, finding two geeks to draft from the pool of players from those two teams! Not even WW could turn those two squads around in the next 3-4 years.

Rumor in the Kathouse is that Gary was already informed earlier this week about Sterling Shepard during a phone conversation.

I have always liked Gary....but I think he found his lottery ticket and has moved on from us without a second thought. I feel slightly betrayed :(

As for changing this weeks lineup.......can Ed do it retroactively on Monday?

Are they both paid up for next year? Maybe as a league we can cover whatever fees are not paid for the next 2 years......Maybe 2 years of no league fees would be enticement enough?

We cant do anything about Shepard and Quick. That wouldnt be consistent with past controversial situations.

But if the commish wants to put in highest projected starters for the remainder of his lineup, Id support it.

Its not as bad as it seems.

QB: Goff, Brees, Ryan, Luck....in theory they each have a backup QB with big trade value. Hell, Ill be making offers and we all know how much I like overpaying.

RB: Coleman, Cohen, Burkhead, Woodhead, Blount, and ......McKinnon. This is rough, but serviceable.

WR: Hilton, Shepard, Thielen, Baldwin, Lee, Cupp...

TE: Olsen, Doyle...

If you squint at it....or maybe if we bring in someone like Gary for someone to draft opposite against......Or maybe we cover the league fee for 3 seasons instead of 2.

We cant do anything about Shepard and Quick. That wouldnt be consistent with past controversial situations.

But if the commish wants to put in highest projected starters for the remainder of his lineup, Id support it.

Well, if Ed stays true to form and doesn't show up over the weekend, I think Gocolts lineup needs to be retroactively adjusted to his highest projected scoring lineup.

In the past 5 to 6 years I have been part of this league....I don't recall an owner quitting mid-season....this to me is a lot more serious than an owner flubbing and accidentally starting Flacco over Brissett, or an inactive Ertz.

If something similar has happened before we joined the league and a precedent has been set, than so be it.

Rumor in the Kathouse is that Gary was already informed earlier this week about Sterling Shepard during a phone conversation.

I have always liked Gary....but I think he found his lottery ticket and has moved on from us without a second thought. I feel slightly betrayed :(

As for changing this weeks lineup.......can Ed do it retroactively on Monday?

Yah. I think this is just another example of Gary doing whats best for Gary, regardless of how it is impacting other people. We basically paid his fees for almost a decade, and now he cant even spend 5 minutes setting his focking line-up. With friends like him, who needs enemies?

And yes, I think his lineup could be changed retroactively. I think I still have commish access, but hes playing edjr, so I dont want to step on toes.

So we take a quick vote prior to the games starting... that way if its yes, it's before his players play so it'll be fair to Ed.

If I'm Ed.. and I get a win and then voted a loss after... meh.. pissed.

But if it's yes, then it needs to be yes. We're not going to go to this extreme and then let him take it back over cause he gives us a sob story.

This is about the most intrusive thing we can do if he's still here and setting lineups.. which.. it seems not.

I dont think we can change his lineup any in regards to yesterdays games. I havet looked, but what if his other defense is projected higher than Chargers? We benching Williams if he shouldnt have been be in there? What if it has Shepard and Quick projected high even if one ended up not playing? What if Quick had caught a 70 yard TD?

Its too messy. Sets a bad precedent.

But yes, as long as we declare who his remaining starters are before tommorows games, Im ok with it being changed by Mobb or retroactively by Ed.

And the upside of all of this is...Ed will throw a major fit one way or another.

We are likely overthinking it anyway. Ed has had 2 players that he normally doesnt even start go, and theyve put up 38 points. Gary usually averages about 38 points total.

So we take a quick vote prior to the games starting... that way if its yes, it's before his players play so it'll be fair to Ed.

If I'm Ed.. and I get a win and then voted a loss after... meh.. pissed.

But if it's yes, then it needs to be yes. We're not going to go to this extreme and then let him take it back over cause he gives us a sob story.

This is about the most intrusive thing we can do if he's still here and setting lineups.. which.. it seems not.

My vote goes like this.

1. Sux/Gypsy calls Gary and makes him adjust the rest of his lineup before tomorrow. Commish sets it next week. Then thats that.

But if that cant be done...

2. Lineup is:

Ryan

The Garret Blunt

Woodersonhead

Shepard

Quick

TWill

Hilton

Doyle

Gostkowski

Chargers

Thats the highest projected lineup remaining I believe. Any other decision in regards to games already played creates new questions and scenarios that would be problematic going forward. I could give examples, but some of you can get there on your own.

We are likely overthinking it anyway. Ed has had 2 players that he normally doesnt even start go, and theyve put up 38 points. Gary usually averages about 38 points total.

yeah....we are overthinking it :wall: But we have to.......this will be setting precedent for it if ever happens again.

The cleanest to me would be highest projected points of all active players. Common sense would be an attentive owner would know if his player is declared active or inactive with enough time to make adjustments.

An alternative would be for each franchise to vote on his starting lineup and highest voted players are put in. this one seems a bit messier and time consuming.

Another alternative would be for just letting the commish put in whatever lineup he wants and we abide by this.

My vote goes like this.

1. Sux/Gypsy calls Gary and makes him adjust the rest of his lineup before tomorrow. Commish sets it next week. Then thats that.

2. Lineup is:

Ryan

The Garret Blunt

Woodersonhead

Shepard

Quick

TWill

Hilton

Doyle

Gostkowski

Chargers

Thats the highest projected lineup remaining I believe. Any other decision in regards to games already played creates new questions and scenarios that would be problematic going forward. I could give examples, but some of you can get there on your own.

2nd it

My vote goes like this.

2. Lineup is:

Ryan

The Garret Blunt

Woodersonhead

Shepard

Quick

TWill

Hilton

Doyle

Gostkowski

Chargers

My biggest issue about not changing players that have already played is that if this ever happens again we are most likely not going to find out until after a full slate of Sunday games. I mean, how else are we going to know an owner quit except by not turning in a lineup? Owners have until kick-off to submit lineups.....no way we could have an owners meeting to decide his starting lineup. So we retroactively change his lineup or let whatever lineup he played stand.

We normally only have 1 Thursday night game....the chances of us deducing an owner has quit on one game being played is remote......But being Thanksgiving....we had 3 games which became a bit more indicative.

*edit : I can have Sux call Gary today to see if he will put in a line up....but like I have said earlier, Sux already told him. Plus....Gary has been here and read this crap....and still hasnt changed his lineup. dont think Gary cares much.

I'll 3rd it (what if we get zero response from Gar Bear this week?)

NO on changing out players who have already played on Thanksgiving games.

If we do not change out players already played, We are setting a precedent that cannot possibly be feasible if this happens again.

Just curious when did Gary start not setting his lineups? Did it go further back than last week?

Just curious when did Gary start not setting his lineups? Did it go further back than last week?

I think CBF said he monitored it last week when the Colts were on a bye and Gary actually adjusted his lineup. This is the first week Gary did nothing to his lineup.

If we do not change out players already played, We are setting a precedent that cannot possibly be feasible if this happens again.

I don't think we can retro change the rule. From this point on.. we can have the rule we'll fix it or whatever