Sign in to follow this  
Alias Detective

Heavyweight Boxing Champ in making

Yeah I definatly see him stopping Klitschko here. But very solid HW boxing fight. Why can't the U.S. produce any good heavies anymore? Andre Ward is about the heaviest guy that has held up the USA.

Should be a good fight. Klitschko struggles against bigger fighters, but I can see him doing what he always does against Joshua. Jab him to death for a few rounds, then finish him.

Klitschko by tko, 6th round.

Anthony Joshua (18-0, 18 KOs) will make the third defense of his IBF title in front of an expected 90,000 fans at London. He and Klitschko (64-4, 53 KOs) will also competing for the vacant WBA title.

How old is Klitschko? 64-4??? Don't they usually retire around 40-50 fights? Good lord.

5Dimes.com:

Wladimir Klitschko +225

Anthony Joshua -245

Joshua is a monster favorite. I'd bet the undefeated young buck too.

"It was a great fight from both sides," Bonte said. "For sure people are going to call it an instant classic when you review the fight in a couple of years and even already now.

"It was certainly one of the best heavyweight fights of the last 10-15 years. Wladimir almost had him in the sixth round. One or maybe two more punches would have been enough and the fight would have been decided in his favour.

"But, OK, Joshua showed that he can come back, as did Wladimir before. In the end you have to congratulate Joshua."

Damn, I'm sorry I missed this fight. There ain't hardly any great heavyweight boxing fights anymore. Sounds like 41-year-old Klitschko almost had him.

Yeah...but who's he beat?

This is the real question.

I was actually kidding. Only said it..cuz...well...when I hear it...usually overused by people who don't have clue, or the ability to look deeper than just "who have they/he beat?"

Its either clueless people saying it, or haters of that person/team.

You can only beat who is in front of you.

I saw it this past year with Dak Prescott. "Yeah, but who have they played?"

"Until they beat the 1985 Bears or win the Superbowl this year, I will just sit back and ask 'Who've they beat', then when they lose a game I'll say "AH-HA! Told ya so"

This Joshua guy, I have no clue. Maybe he's the next Mike Tyson. Although watching box (not his record or him talking), but actually watching him box, he doesn't look as exciting or as good as Tyson looked in his prime.

Also, Klitchko knocked him down with pretty much a jab. Albeit, Kitchko has a powerful jab.

It would be nice to see a phenom in HWT boxing again, I'll admit.

Watched this fight yesterday morning, not knowing who won or anything about the fight.

Good fight, not great.

klitschko is 41 for christ sakes.

Heavyweight division does look like it has some promise.

Who are his main rivals ? Who are people hoping to see a superfight with?

What I'm getting at...no matter how good he is...he is still a heavyweight boxer in 2017.

Who are his main rivals ? Who are people hoping to see a superfight with?

What I'm getting at...no matter how good he is...he is still a heavyweight boxer in 2017.

It'll end up being Brock Lesnar or someone. Only way boxing can make money anymore.