Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Coolest 'customer' to ever have a gun pointed directly in his face, ever!

This thread encapsulates why the Geek Club is unbearable.

edjr, can you make a third bored. nomorenewbie.com

• Like 1

LOL Typical hack kvnt you are. The righties who troll and start fights are ok with you, right? :music_guitarred: :clap:

LOL Typical hack kvnt you are. The righties who troll and start fights are ok with you, right? :music_guitarred: :clap:

This thread went sideways because of you, meathead. HTH

nobody can really say how they'd react in a situation. we can sit here now and say i'd have taken his gun etc. certainly seemed there was an opportunity when he pointed it at other guy...maybe if i owned the business, knew it was a lot of money and really felt he was willing to use the thing. i give the kid props for how he reacted here. almost like this happens every day :huh:

judging by the wimmen in this thread... you'd all just nag the guy to death and he'd leave.

This thread went sideways because of you, meathead. HTH

Fine. I attacked you in this one. And in ten others, you attack me out of the blue. That's how it works. Stop being a 13 year-old and maybe the board will get better. itsatip

You know who you talking about there? That's the ***OFFICIAL*** Geek of the decade NewbieJr. We should not only show respect but even bow in reverence.

You know who you talking about there? That's the ***OFFICIAL*** Geek of the decade NewbieJr. We should not only show respect but even bow in reverence.

This guy gets it. :banana:

:thumbsup:

Fine. I attacked you in this one. And in ten others, you attack me out of the blue. That's how it works. Stop being a 13 year-old and maybe the board will get better. itsatip

Really? You try to come across as an educated, informed person then when the debate goes sideways you launch into the typical "You've got to be the dumbest poster on the bored" routine. Maybe stay out of the political discussions. HTH

is gf allowed at the no newbie board?

You know what a no newbie board would look like? ten threads about Newbie. And 15 comments in every other thread about Newbie. Look around. I am in so many heads around here that it's frightening. I wish I had a dollar for every post about me. I'd be able to retire. :music_guitarred:

is gf allowed at the no newbie board?

Yes.

please head to the nomoregfiafp board, if you'd like a GF free posting experience.

Really? You try to come across as an educated, informed person then when the debate goes sideways you launch into the typical "You've got to be the dumbest poster on the bored" routine. Maybe stay out of the political discussions. HTH

Go check out the Trump adopt Kim Un thread. Random attack. Look at the two Newbie thread topics. 90% of the time, I'm simply counter punching. I enjoy it, don't get me wrong. Love smashing a few jaws when people instigate. But it's the obsession of all the righties here that derails threads. And it's a 75% rightie board. :wave:

Go check out the Trump adopt Kim Un thread. Random attack. Look at the two Newbie thread topics. 90% of the time, I'm simply counter punching. I enjoy it, don't get me wrong. Love smashing a few jaws when people instigate. But it's the obsession of all the righties here that derails threads. And it's a 75% rightie board. :wave:

Oh god. Put your Fockin Tampon in and stop whining.

• Like 1

Oh god. Put your Fockin Tampon in and stop whining.

I'm not whining. Other people are. Try to keep up. :wave:

If I had been behind the counter, one look at the amount of pure muscle mass I was carrying would have made the guy abort his plan to rob the place. It would have never gotten that far.

You would have confused him that is for sure...

"I thought I went into Jimmy John's, not Orange Julius..." (yeah I know this was used before)

No it's the obsession of the Libs here (Trump) that starts the sh!t. P!ssing and moaning about everything instead of talking about babes, beer and sports.

"I thought I went into Jimmy John's, not Orange Julius..." (yeah I know this was used before)

3/10

Still works

No it's the obsession of the Libs here (Trump) that starts the sh!t. P!ssing and moaning about everything instead of talking about babes, beer and sports.

Oh I see. You attacked me in that thread because I said something negative about Trump? lol You just encapsulated the problem with this board. If someone disagrees with your politics, you should personally attack them. Thank you for summing it up. :thumbsup:

If I were the clerk and the robber was my size, I'd have tried to grab the gun there.

edit: robber is not that big.

That would be the ideal scenario to attempt it, that's for sure.

Dummy racked the slide with a round chambered, that round didn't fully eject which prevented the slide from coming forward and chambering another round.

Grab his wrist with your right hand and push it away from you and grab the gun with your left hand and rotate it 90° to your left. Now you have the gun. Easy peasey.

I'd have given him the money. It's easier peasier and it ain't mine anyway.

The guy is lucky nobody else was carrying though. He was a sitting duck.

Dummy racked the slide with a round chambered, that round didn't fully eject which prevented the slide from coming forward and chambering another round.

Grab his wrist with your right hand and push it away from you and grab the gun with your left hand and rotate it 90° to your left. Now you have the gun. Easy peasey.

Yea but you have to remember that cashier hasn't had any training on what to do and probably doesn't know any disarming techniques. Also, he probably has no clue how a gun works and is oblivious to the fact that the idiot robber jammed the gun. Still, like you said it was easier and less risky to just go ahead and give him the money. Not his money, safest option, and the thief would get caught anyway

How can you tell that the gun is jammed?

Yea but you have to remember that cashier hasn't had any training on what to do and probably doesn't know any disarming techniques. Also, he probably has no clue how a gun works and is oblivious to the fact that the idiot robber jammed the gun. Still, like you said it was easier and less risky to just go ahead and give him the money. Not his money, safest option, and the thief would get caught anyway

The clerk made the right move, no doubt. I was kidding about the easy peasey part.

I'm not sure the kid wasn't considering it though. He sure took his time. I think he saw what happened and thought about it for a second. Then he came to his senses and gave up the cash.

The round was sticking out of the ejection port. The slide was locked back. You would need to know how guns work to recognize it.

ETA: look at the gun before he racks the slide then look at it afterward. You shouldn't be able to see the barrel sticking out at the end of the gun. There's a bullet lodged in the ejection port that prevents the slide from returning to the forward position which, in semi-auto's, chambers the next round simultaneously. If the first round fails to eject the gun will not fire until the blockage is cleared and the next round is chambered.

All the guy had to do was rack the slide again once or twice to clear it. Which is why I would've given him the cash. Apparently he didn't know how his gun works.

I've already described that.

Go full screen on the video and you can see the slide is jammed on a shell.

The round was sticking out of the ejection port. The slide was locked back. You would need to know how guns work to recognize it.

All the guy had to do was rack the slide again once or twice to clear it. Apparently he didn't know how his gun works.

The robber's mistake was riding the slide. Gotta slingshot it.

All the guy had to do was rack the slide again once or twice to clear it. Apparently he didn't know how his gun works.

Ahh, I see. Anyone who owned a gun would be able to recognize that pretty easily?

Ahh, I see. Anyone who owned a gun would be able to recognize that pretty easily?

I spotted that back with my first post hence the reason I said I might make a move to grab the gun (knowing it was jammed).

The robber's mistake was riding the slide. Gotta slingshot it.

:thumbsup:

Looks like he forgot he had a round chambered already.

I would hope so.

Wouldn't stop 99% of them from giving up the cash though.

I would hope so.

Wouldn't stop 99% of them from giving up the cash though.

Given the clerk's size and if the clerk knew the gun wasn't loaded at that point (and no danger of being shot immediately), giving up the cash was the right move.

His left hand is covering the ejection port and caused the jam.

Right. Because it prevented the already chambered round from ejecting. Or did I see that wrong? My eyes aren't what they used to be and I'm on my phone. :dunno: