Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

Ginsburg hospitalized after fall at Supreme Court Building

I am not convinced that Trump adding another judge that might tilt conservative is in the best interests of the country

I am not convinced that Trump adding another judge that might tilt conservative is in the best interests of the country

Could you imagine those hearings? He might do it just to piss everybody off. It would be a total disaster if the Republicans would have lost the Senate.

Of course it is

I hope she makes a full recovery and serves for at least 2 more years to cover the Trump Presidency. The current odds of that are 0%.

I agree. There needs to be some sense of balance on the Supreme Court. Lord knows that there isn't any in Congress.

If Trump gets to place another USSCJ this term, cities would burn. Could you imagine the meltdown?

I agree. There needs to be some sense of balance on the Supreme Court. Lord knows that there isn't any in Congress.

Meh, if you throw Roberts out, who is basically middle of the road, the score is tied. 5-4 decisions get all the press, but they are fairly rare. The justices agree far more than they disagree.

Could you imagine those hearings? He might do it just to piss everybody off. It would be a total disaster if the Republicans would have lost the Senate.

After what they did to the fairly moderate Kav I could see him picking the biggest right wing nut job he could find just to piss off the Dems.

She needs to retire. I believe she would already be gone if Hillary won.

After what they did to the fairly moderate Kav I could see him picking the biggest right wing nut job he could find just to piss off the Dems.

He should pick Al Franken.

Then sit back and watch their heads explode.

😵

if she dies, she dies.

He should pick Al Franken.

Then sit back and watch their heads explode.

I feel sorry for Al. He pretended to touch a woman's boobs and Minnesota damn near burned him at the stake. The guy running for attorney journal beat his girl friend so bad she ended up in the ER and they elected him AG. :wacko:

Hope she takes it as a sign her time is over and steps down.

She's old brah. Trying to step down is prolly why she fell.

This is why we need age limits on the Supreme Court. 85, hurt wont be able to do her job for months if ever again and will hold on hoping for a Dem to get elected in 2020. :thumbsdown:

I feel sorry for Al. He pretended to touch a woman's boobs and Minnesota damn near burned him at the stake.

The Dems cut off their nose to spite their face on this one. Franken was a sensible leader in the Senate and a true Presidential candidate. On the short list for 2020 VP at the least.

I feel sorry for Al. He pretended to touch a woman's boobs and Minnesota damn near burned him at the stake. The guy running for attorney journal beat his girl friend so bad she ended up in the ER and they elected him AG. :wacko:

Yup

We have to eliminate lifetime appointments across the board.

if you're wondering? The guy below? Yeah he missed 44 oral arguments. But he opined on virtually every decision that came before the courts during the time described below:

---------------

Rehnquist was prescribed Placidyl by Dr. Freeman Cary, a physician at the U.S. Capitol, for insomnia and back pain from 1972 through 1981 in doses exceeding the recommended limits. The FBI report concluded, however, that Rehnquist was already taking the drug as early as 1970.[91] By the time he sought treatment, Rehnquist was taking three times the prescribed dose of the drug nightly.[92] On December 27, 1981, Rehnquist entered George Washington University Hospital for treatment of back pain and dependency on Placidyl. There, he underwent a month-long detoxification process.[92] While hospitalized, he had typical withdrawal symptoms, including hallucinations and paranoia. For example, "One doctor said Rehnquist thought he heard voices outside his hospital room plotting against him and had 'bizarre ideas and outrageous thoughts', including imagining 'a CIA plot against him' and seeming to see the design patterns on the hospital curtains change configuration."[93]

---------------

Jesus, in local Criminal Court if a judge did the same thing? Every single case would have been thrown out without challenge.

if she dies, she dies.

wtf!!!??? get the guy a doctor already!!! reporters standing around and dude's just left to croak right there in the ring.

The Dems cut off their nose to spite their face on this one. Franken was a sensible leader in the Senate and a true Presidential candidate. On the short list for 2020 VP at the least.

I just threw up in my mouth.

wtf!!!??? get the guy a doctor already!!! reporters standing around and dude's just left to croak right there in the ring.

BLDM?

Sometimes when somebody that age falls, it's not a wet floor. There may be other reasons. She could have a growing tumor in her head. And isn't loss of balance sometime maybe an early sign of Alzheimers? Maybe she'll come out of the hospital and go to the White House looking for President Obama. "What? Donald Trump is president? Stop focking with me!"

Sometimes when somebody that age falls, it's not a wet floor. There may be other reasons. She could have a growing tumor in her head. And isn't loss of balance sometime maybe an early sign of Alzheimers? Maybe she'll come out of the hospital and go to the White House looking for President Obama. "What Donald Trump is president? Stop focking with me!"

OK, I laughed..... :thumbsup:

Sometimes when somebody that age falls, it's not a wet floor. There may be other reasons. She could have a growing tumor in her head. And isn't loss of balance sometime maybe an early sign of Alzheimers? Maybe she'll come out of the hospital and go to the White House looking for President Obama. "What? Donald Trump is president? Stop focking with me!"

She'd call the cops. :lol:

Ruth Bader Ginsburg is determined to continue to serve on the court.

People concerned about Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s fall are offering their ribs and organs

https://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/article221343550.html

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, 85, fractured three ribs in a fall in her office Wednesday night, according to a statement from the Supreme Court’s public information office.

“Tests showed that she fractured three ribs on the left side,” the statement said. She was taken to George Washington University Hospital.

Ginsburg has survived several fights with cancer and had heart surgery in 2014, according to CNBC. She has beaten pancreatic and colon cancer, the two deadliest forms of the disease.

People, especially younger people, were offering the octogenarian affectionately known as RBG their own ribs on social media Thursday morning. They even started the hashtag #RibsForRuth on Twitter.

Tamar

@stoplookingup

Do they need rib donors? Because she can have mine. Right now. #RibsForRuth

10:03 AM - Nov 8, 2018

Joshua Axelrod

@jaxel222

I love how every person under the age of 30 on Twitter is currently offering #RuthBaderGinsburg their ribs and any other internal organ she might need.

Which, same!!

10:13 AM - Nov 8, 2018

Rib donors! Can these people be this stupid!

I am sure that they will say they were "joking"...

The college intern I sit next to told me about it, and how he thought at first she had died. He said good thing its just a couple of ribs. I just bit my lip and nodded.