Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

A dilemma; kids, international travel and stuff

So we are currently at UW la Crosse

Go to Dells if you want a fantastic Bloody Mary.

Bottom line is ask him. If he wants to go and you deny him this potentially amazing life experience, you are a jerk. Life is short, let the kid live. He’s not a 5yr old.

I dont know. I have no clue how it works. I have no clue what the healthcare system is like in China. I have no clue how good the doctors are. I have no clue what the emergency rooms are like. How long does it take to be seen? Do you need to pay cash when you walk in the door, or do you have them contact your insurance carrier in the US? How long does that take?

If I knew Chinas hospitals were as good, or better, than in the US, the emergency rooms are quick and there will be no issues with coverage, that would be more helpful in deciding whether to allow him to go.

Hell, even in the US, there are places I would be skeptical sending my kids to for a month. And I dont mean the ghetto.

Well you can research it - somehow they’re keeping a billion people alive, so I expect he’d survive. And unless the kid has chronic medical issues, the likelihood is he’d never need it.

Well you can research it - somehow they’re keeping a billion people alive, so I expect he’d survive. And unless the kid has chronic medical issues, the likelihood is he’d never need it.

I don't care to research it, as I'm not sending my kid there. I asked the question. You provided a useless answer.

We even suck at cheating - focking Garrett. :thumbsdown:

Cards were dead focking last in that link. Hopefully their new HC Steve Wilks can bring some of the cheating culture from Carolina. :cheers:

Hey board Pats fans.

Digby is on YOUR side.

Let that sink in for a minute.

Ouch, shots fired. :(

I don't care to research it, as I'm not sending my kid there. I asked the question. You provided a useless answer.

As with most healthcare in the developed world, I'm sure it is fine. My answer was spot on.

I'd let mine go if I thought the other parents were upstanding people.

Beijing and a few other places that I couldn't repeat or spell :dunno: