Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

How much do you spend on fireworks for the 4th?

Just left my old workplace and spent $260. My cousin usually has a big cookout and fireworks display so I always make sure to bring some fireworks to add to what hes already got since he pays for all the food, drinks, and fireworks. I hate showing up to parties empty handed and expect to just eat for free without contributing. But that $260 actually buys me quite a bit since fireworks are cheaper here. Im talking 2 500 gram cakes, 12 smaller multi shot cakes, a big thing of Saturn missles that actually crackle and sparkle when going off, some rockets, and a box of artillery shells. Plus anything over $50 gets you 10% of your bill on free fireworks that you can go choose yourself

Best way to buy fireworks is to join a fireworks organization. Gives u the ability to buy wholesale. For what you spend on one cake ypu can get a case of 4. The markup is ridiculous.

• Like 2

Zero. I am not white trash.

Of course you are. You drink from sun up to sun down.

$0

Let other people spend the money and risk blowing their hands off.

I'll just enjoy the show for free

Nah. I let them set off the fireworks. I just contribute to it and watch it from a chair. Best way to do it. Plus Im not a cheap ass

3 of us together spend about 700 total. Gives us an hour show with 4 people lighting. We have mortar tubes and other things we do.

Great times!!!

We had a plastic shell break out someones back window 7 years ago lol

Nah. I let them set off the fireworks. I just contribute to it and watch it from a chair. Best way to do it. Plus Im not a cheap ass

Sitting in a chair seems pretty standard. I'm not sure why that's the best way. Sometimes, laying a blanket on the grass is fun.

No, just an ass.

Sitting in a chair seems pretty standard. I'm not sure why that's the best way. Sometimes, laying a blanket on the grass is fun.

See I would get too hot laying on a blanket in the grass. Im hot natured as it is. Lawn chair is ideal for me. Theres usually a good bit of people at my cousins house so theres people in chairs, on blankets, on the steps, standing up, and even pulling trucks up and sitting on the tailgate. He usually has about a grand worth of fireworks he buys. Not to mention mine and other people who bring some. Would bring food and drinks to the party but he has SO much there already that it would be redundant

No, just an ass.

Speaking of which, Ill need to pick your brain later. Its prob a lot of work and I know Ill need others but I do want to start a nonprofit charity and would like info on what I would need to do to get the ball rolling on it

Zero for the fourth, ~200 for our Myrtle Beach vacation in August. Many neices, nephews, etc.

Less than nzoner, however his ROI is a lot better than mine as well! :cheers:

I knew you guys were wet blankets but didnt realize just how big of wet blankets yall really were

zero. not my thing. we will go to certain places to watch bigger shows sometimes because the daughter likes them. but nothing small/local.

we are heading up to lake tahoe for the 4th this year and there should be some good spots around the lake.

edit: as i am thinking about it, sometimes we watch at county fairs and whatnot

Zero now. I'm sure I'll buy some when my son gets a little older. Because that's who's interested in that nonsense, little boys.

Asians are way more into fireworks than any redneck.

They make some great fireworks too.

$0

Less than nzoner, however his ROI is a lot better than mine as well! :cheers:

Don't know how old your kids are but just an FYI,this Saturday is Kid's Day 2-6 Obstacle Course Bounce House,Mickey and Minnie Mouse and TTMNT will be here,and a coloring area where they can enter a chance to win $25 in Pyro Joe Dough(ages 1-10).No cost for anything,of course your kids may be too old and this was just a wasted post.

Sounds fun, we'll see what's going on :thumbsup:

I had a couple Black Cats blow up in my lap once - it was painful as hell and it was a mess.. I was about 10, have not touched a fireworks since.

I had a couple Black Cats blow up in my lap once - it was painful as hell and it was a mess.. I was about 10, have not touched a fireworks since.

Look on the bright side,it wasn't an M-80

JPP'ed your junk?

• Like 1

I got imagine if I had a boy that likes fireworks, things would be radically different. But like pretty much everything else in life these days? Didn't really do much for me.

you know the worst part? Programmed LED drones form various formations In the night sky. you know, safer, less fire danger and all that.

freaking Disney's already doing that.

So I guess enjoy the last gasp of a Dying art form.

Grandpa? Why don't your fireworks show the battle between the Guardians of the Galaxy and the Avengers? Your fireworks are boring!

daughter-in-law: really Grandpa? Flaming gunpowder around your own grandchildren? What's next a sword fight?

Grandpa Geek kicks rocks, switches from beer to Jack...