Sign in to follow this  
thesitedoc

Realistic Expectations for Gordon for final 6 weeks

I picked Gordon up in the hopes that his suspension would be reduced to 8 games when the news first broke, thinking he would need a couple of games to get into a rhythm with whoever is quarterbacking the team at that time.

That said, how much rust can be expected from him. His final 6 games will be ATL, BUFF, INDY, CINCI, CAR and BAL

Those first three games seem reasonable while the last 3 look to be pretty tough.

He has different value in different situations. What can he be traded for? start high and come down from there if you have viable WR options down the stretch. If he fantasy-wise plays at 70% of last year, you're in great shape. Only concern would be the fantasy super bowl week 16 vs. Carolina but by then you'll know the deal. I have him in two leagues and unless I get a superior offer, I'm waiting it out and hoping for studness.

I agree that his last three will be challenging but doesn't he usually do well against Cincinnati?

It's so hard to predict right now.

Will he be in football shape and ready to go right away?

Will Brian Hoyer or Johnny Manziel be the quarterback?

A lot of factors to throw in, so it's really hard to tell. I would think the 6-88-1 is pretty close?!

He'll average 6/88/1 over those last few weeks.

i hope so, i could happily live with that going down playoff stretch

Hard to say...if he's able to practice during suspension,he can definitely gain a rapport with Manziel. Assuming Hoyer goes down and Johnny Football comes in...40-500-5 tds would be respectable for the remainder of season for Josh.

It's a very long wait until Week 12 with the bye weeks to deal with. I may have to part ways and hope the other guys in the league will feel the same until at least Week 9 or 10 when I can pick him back up.