Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Montana Candidate Body Slams UK Reporter

Breaking news. Listened to the audio.

Was supposed to be a close race (House), but now, who knows?

in MT, could actually help the guy.

Geesus, weird times indeed.

Fox News reporters were witnesses. Said he choke slammed the reporter. And he will get voted in easily.

Is this the special election for the open Houe seat. I don't know if it's the Dem or GOP candidate but we could use more body slams, maybe cage death matches of this in Congress.

If he wins, his staff has to make sure there are folding chairs placed strategically at any event he hosts.

A Fox News reporter provided a vivid eyewitness account late Wednesday of an attack on a reporter by Montana Republican congressional candidate Greg Gianforte that led to him being cited for assault by the county sheriff and to lose his endorsements from two Montana newspapers ahead of the special election set for Thursday.

Both papers, the Missoulian and the Billings Gazette, issued scathing denunciations of Gianforte.

The alleged assault took place at Gianforte’s headquarters in Bozeman, where Fox’s Alicia Acuna and her crew were preparing a story to air on “Special Report with Bret Baier.”

As the crew was setting up, Gianforte was approached by the Guardian’s Ben Jacobs, who put a voice recorder “to Gianforte’s face and began asking if he had a response to the newly released Congressional Budget Office report on the American Health Care Act,” the Republican replacement for the Affordable Care Act, she wrote.

“Gianforte,” Acuna wrote, “told him he would get back to him later. Jacobs persisted with his question. Gianforte told him to talk to his press guy, Shane Scanlon.

“At that point,” she wrote, “Gianforte grabbed Jacobs by the neck with both hands and slammed him into the ground behind him.”

Acuna and her crew “watched in disbelief as Gianforte then began punching the reporter. As Gianforte moved on top of Jacobs, he began yelling something to the effect of, ‘I’m sick and tired of this!’”

Acuna said that Jacobs “scrambled to his knees and said something about his glasses being broken.” He asked the Fox reporter and crew for their names but “in shock, we did not answer.”

[GOP candidate in Montana race charged with misdemeanor assault after allegedly body-slamming reporter]

“To be clear,” she wrote, “at no point did any of us who witnessed this assault see Jacobs show any form of physical aggression toward Gianforte, who left the area after giving statements to local sheriff’s deputies.”

Fox News reporters were witnesses. Said he choke slammed the reporter. And he will get voted in easily.

And his campaign democrats ed the report ofeveryone and claimed it was the fault of the "liberal journalist ".

Too bad the audio and witness accounts of it prove him wrong.

Probably won't matter...some will claim it's a reason to vote for him. Can't have reporters asking pesky questions.

Trump carried that state by 20 points. This guy is a shoe in. He'll probably actually gain voted because of this. Trump has brainwashed people into thinking the media is the enemy, so his sheep will consider last night's assault as a positive.

Trump carried that state by 20 points. This guy is a shoe in. He'll probably actually gain voted because of this. Trump has brainwashed people into thinking the media is the enemy, so his sheep will consider last night's assault as a positive.

I don't know if I believe you or not.

He'll probably actually gain voted because of this.

Please don't call out anyone's grammar or punctuation ever again.
  • Like 1

Please don't call out anyone's grammar or punctuation ever again.

im gonna go with the "d" in voted is supposed to be an "s" as in votes. Simple typo.

im gonna go with the "d" in voted is supposed to be an "s" as in votes. Simple typo.

Shhhh. 12th Man/Flahawker hasn't made a good post or scored a legit burn in all the years he's been here. I was going to let him think he got one. ROFL

So you want the D huh? :ninja:

Shhhh. 12th Man/Flahawker hasn't made a good post or scored a legit burn in all the years he's been here. I was going to let him think he got one. ROFL

Shut up meg

Well there you go. If the Chinese English teacher says so...

They might support it. Not because they are brain washed. Everyone knows that conservatives think, and libs let their leader do their thinking. And...this is not a big deal compared to the libs public population and liberal medial cheering for the terrorists to take out Trump.

Again, the hatred toward the conservative by party and Trump by the liberals has gotten so bitter, they have began to actually side with and justify terrorists actions.

This is all slowly boiling down to "civil war" of sorts. Conservative vs the libs and terrorists.

I think its a funny thought, thinking about liberals fighting any kind of fight. LOL! What are they gonna fight with? Dead serious. 90% chance liberals run around fighting the American people, armed with a d!ldo in one hand a phone in the other to call the government for help. "Uhhhh...come help. I was gonna whack him with a d!ldo, but these folks have actual guns, and I'm scared of guns."

And if you vote on Thursday to send me to Washington, I'll fight for you with the same ferocity!

Fock yeah I'd vote for that guy.

Told that focker 3 times to get out of my face and he refused. He got a little choke slam... sorry not sorry.

• Like 1

They might support it. Not because they are brain washed. Everyone knows that conservatives think, and libs let their leader do their thinking. And...this is not a big deal compared to the libs public population and liberal medial cheering for the terrorists to take out Trump.

Again, the hatred toward the conservative by party and Trump by the liberals has gotten so bitter, they have began to actually side with and justify terrorists actions.

This is all slowly boiling down to "civil war" of sorts. Conservative vs the libs and terrorists.

I think its a funny thought, thinking about liberals fighting any kind of fight. LOL! What are they gonna fight with? Dead serious. 90% chance liberals run around fighting the American people, armed with a d!ldo in one hand a phone in the other to call the government for help. "Uhhhh...come help. I was gonna whack him with a d!ldo, but these folks have actual guns, and I'm scared of guns."

:lol:

It's posts like this that are waking me up to how dark a place our country is in.

And if you vote on Thursday to send me to Washington, I'll fight for you with the same ferocity!

Told that focker 3 times to get out of my face and he refused. He got a little choke slam... sorry not sorry.

:thumbsup:

At least have the balls to admit it then, instead of having your campaign put out an easily debunked bullsh*t press release.

He will probably win, but it's not as cut and dried as this. Yeah this state went heavily for Trump, but we have a Democrat governor - who actually just defeated Gianforte to win reelection - and a Democrat Senator. You're right about the Trumpkins though; some of the worst ones on my facebook feed think this is awesome. I just appreciate Gianforte making up my mind for me.

The penis mightier than the sword. I mean "pen is." Sorry.

On the plus side, this'll ensure the results of the election are funny either way.

Several of the state's bigger papers have pulled their endorsements. Probably too late to matter much though.

The guy is running for office and was asked his opinion on the CBO results that were released yesterday. We've all hear the recording. There was nothing aggressive or cocky being asked. A guy that mentally weak is running for public office? lol Trump has certainly turned the right into a bunch of pansies.

Several of the state's bigger papers have pulled their endorsements. Probably too late to matter much though.

This. This happened too late to make a difference.

Trump has certainly turned the right into a bunch of pansies.

Well this isn't very nice to say. :angry:

Well this isn't very nice to say. :angry:

You're a cop, so what you said above isn't true. You wouldn't body slam a person for holding a phone up to your face. Not knowing what you know about the law. Assuming you didn't have protection for being a cop. That's not legal in any state.

The Right was disappointed to hear this wasn't a Democratic candidate. They had the "Stay Classy" button on the ready.

Heard this morning that 70% of the people had already voted, so who knows how much effect this will have.

The Right was disappointed ton hear this wasn't a Democratic candidate. They had the "Stay Classy" button on the ready.

From what a buddy a mine said this is a rich guy from NJ anyway. Locals are pissed be bought a huge ranch had was trying to ban people from fishing one of the best areas cause he now "owned" it.

From what a buddy a mine said this is a rich guy from NJ anyway. Locals are pissed be bought a huge ranch had was trying to ban people from fishing one of the best areas cause he now "owned" it.

You'd think the locals would love to send the a$$hole back east but there's got to be a better way to do it than tubgirling themselves in the US Congress.

You'd think the locals would love to send the a$$hole back east but there's got to be a better way to do it than tubgirling themselves in the US Senate.

:thumbsup:

Link?

Couple thoughts:

1) I would have had a lot more understanding if the guy simply came out and said "Hey, it's been a long campaign,

etc..."

2) But instead, he and his people put out a statement that's just flat-out lies - and easily disproven to boot.

a) I'm sick of the whole "bullshiit era" - stop with the focking lies. Own it. Or be Kelly Conway. It's one thing to go the 'tuff guy' route. But you instantly negate that when you lie like a biitch when you're caught.

B) Going the lie route shows cowardice - and incompetence. You had to know it wouldn't work. Not fit for office.

3) Really, more disappointed in GOP House members who are waffling and avoiding the subject entirely. At least announce/give him some bullshiit punishment if he does win. i.e.: Not allowed to serve in a committee for the first six months or something. Toothless, but shows at least some principled reaction.

4) At this rate, somebody's going to kill a reporter. I know all you 'net tuffies will say "good", but that's damn chilling - and puts us up there in the banana republic scale with Mexico.

a) Sadly, I fear it will get worse before better. See: Alan Berg.

5) As Bill Kristol points out, the GOP has to stop being so myopic; Okay, you won. What's your long game? As much as I detest most of the millenial mindset, stupid, arrogant and violent isn't going to sit well in 2020 and beyond. The average age (and IQ) of Fox is around 70. There's a reason why Rachel Maddow's ratings are soaring. Like it or not, it's something you have to address. The GOP came into their own in the 80's because the Left was framed as aging hippies. Now, the GOP is seen as aging, heartless, idiots. When the GOP fails to deliver, they'll lose a chunk of their base - and that's about all it takes right now.