Sign in to follow this  
Upper Class Trash

Rate the rookies for your dynasty draft or redraft

I've been keeping up with some of the early dynasty drafts (existing teams) and the early redrafts. I'm interested to see how you rank the rookies from a dynasty perspective, then for a redraft.

I had figured most owners would have Cooper, White, Gurley and Gordon as their first four picks in nearly every Dynasty. That isn't what I'm seeing though. I have seen Yeldon go off the board before Gurley and White in about half the drafts and have seen him go ahead of both Gordon and Gurley in a few. Abdullah has also come off before Gurley in a number of them. Coleman has been coming off the board earlier than I would have anticipated as well. He only has to beat out a highly overrated Freeman and a 30 year old coming off another injury plagued season.... Still, I'm not certain how his future looks. He has the speed, but he also goes down pretty quickly when hit. I can think of a number of WR's I'd take over him.

In redraft, for some crazy reason, I'm watching Gurley go along with RB2's. I don't see that this season for reasons I listed in another post. Maybe he puts up solid numbers over the final half of the season, but at his current draft position in live drafts (not the BS mock drafts), he is positively going to be a failure. You can't score if you aren't playing.....

Parker has gone before White in numerous dynasty drafts too, but I'm solidly against that line of thinking. Parker never faced press coverage in the spread offense and I think he will struggle with that for a while. Besides, doesn't Miami have a version of Parker already??? I think so..... How many possession receivers does one team need? I guess when your QB can't throw deep, several?

• Like 1

1. gurley

2. gordon

3. cooper

4. white

5. parker

Tier II: note: I only see 9 '1st round' picks in this draft

6. Alhgohor

7. coleman

8. yeldon

9. perriman

Tier III: all these guys could be solid players

10. green-beckham

11. winston

12. abdullah

13. strong

14. david johnson

15. david cobb

16. strong

17. dorsett

18. smith

19. MAXX

20. Strong

21. ajayi

22. coates

23. lockett

24. Funchess

and then I like:

langford

jones

ty montgomery

mariotta

duke johnson

J. Allen

everyone else sucks.

Amari Cooper is number 1. Gurley is 1a.

I'll post the rest after my rookie draft haha

Ive done two rookie drafts the last week or so here are the first rounds

12 team 2nd year dynasty 1PPR

Todd Gurley RB STL
Melvin Gordon RB SD
Kevin White WR CHI
Amari Cooper WR OAK
DeVante Parker WR MIA
Ameer Abdullah RB DET
Nelson Agholor WR PHI
Breshad Perriman WR BAL
Dorial Green-Beckham WR TEN
T. J. Yeldon RB JAC
Tevin Coleman RB ATL
David Johnson RB ARI

12 team long established 1PPR Superflex league

1.01 Gurley, Todd STL RB ®
1.02 Cooper, Amari OAK WR ®
1.03 Gordon, Melvin SDC RB ®
1.04 White, Kevin CHI WR ®
1.05 Mariota, Marcus TEN QB ®
1.06 Winston, Jameis TBB QB ®
1.07 Parker, DeVante MIA WR ®
1.08 Coleman, Tevin ATL RB ®
1.09 Green-Beckham, Dorial TEN WR ®
1.10 Agholor, Nelson PHI WR ®
1.11 Perriman, Breshad BAL WR ®
1.12 Yeldon, T.J. JAC RB ®

I've been keeping up with some of the early dynasty drafts (existing teams) and the early redrafts. I'm interested to see how you rank the rookies from a dynasty perspective, then for a redraft.

I had figured most owners would have Cooper, White, Gurley and Gordon as their first four picks in nearly every Dynasty. That isn't what I'm seeing though. I have seen Yeldon go off the board before Gurley and White in about half the drafts and have seen him go ahead of both Gordon and Gurley in a few. Abdullah has also come off before Gurley in a number of them. Coleman has been coming off the board earlier than I would have anticipated as well. He only has to beat out a highly overrated Freeman and a 30 year old coming off another injury plagued season.... Still, I'm not certain how his future looks. He has the speed, but he also goes down pretty quickly when hit. I can think of a number of WR's I'd take over him.

In redraft, for some crazy reason, I'm watching Gurley go along with RB2's. I don't see that this season for reasons I listed in another post. Maybe he puts up solid numbers over the final half of the season, but at his current draft position in live drafts (not the BS mock drafts), he is positively going to be a failure. You can't score if you aren't playing.....

Parker has gone before White in numerous dynasty drafts too, but I'm solidly against that line of thinking. Parker never faced press coverage in the spread offense and I think he will struggle with that for a while. Besides, doesn't Miami have a version of Parker already??? I think so..... How many possession receivers does one team need? I guess when your QB can't throw deep, several?

Anybody drafting Yeldon before Gurley and Gordon needs to get a new hobby.

I am very high on Breshad Perriman, he is at the right system at the right time with the right coach/quarterback.

• Like 1

1. gurley

2. gordon

3. cooper

4. white

5. parker

Tier II: note: I only see 9 '1st round' picks in this draft

6. Alhgohor

7. coleman

8. yeldon

9. perriman

Tier III: all these guys could be solid players

10. green-beckham

11. winston

12. abdullah

13. strong

14. david johnson

15. david cobb

16. strong

17. dorsett

18. smith

19. MAXX

20. Strong

21. ajayi

22. coates

23. lockett

24. Funchess

and then I like:

langford

jones

ty montgomery

mariotta

duke johnson

J. Allen

everyone else sucks.

I agree mostly with your take though I would order the names in the tiers differently.

I would just say though on talent Green-Beckham doesn't belong with the "could be solid players" tier.

On talent he belongs with tier #1 IMO.

How one discounts potential future off-field stuff - plus stunted current skill development due to previous off-field stuff would determine where he gets placed for each owner.

For some he makes sense in the 1st tier and for some he won't even be on the board.

DGB is the highest Beta stock in this years portfolio of prospects.

In watching DGB at Mizzou, I'll tell you this; The guy can fight for the football like nobody I've ever seen. He will flat out rip it out of a defenders hands and turn an interception into a big play for the offense. Not many guys can do that. His only real issue is route running. Maybe he has improved since he was let go from Mizzou, but while there, they didn't have a route tree for him. They had a route branch. lol It was "DGB, get open going over the middle" or run a straight line down the field. Most of his best catches were balls thrown high as he slanted over the middle. If someone teaches that boy to run a route, he'll be a star.

As for Yeldon - There are scouts who had him ranked ahead of Gordon. If you read the scouting reports prior to the combine, he was a favorite of many, which is why Jacksonville had to select him so early in Round Two. I would take Gordon over him, but I have seen Yeldon go much higher than I would have thought. After the top 4, I have several more guys I'd rank over him in PPR Leagues, but some people are infatuated with the guy.

I'm trying to trade up for the 1.01 right now in a PPR Dynasty League. I want either Cooper or White, but I'm honestly not sure which right now. I'm leaning towards Cooper, but to be honest, it's just because his first name sounds like a high-end sports car.

Agreed with Les on DGB. He could go as high as top five...or late first round. Really just depends.

I'd guess once the top few players are gone, itchy trigger fingers will be attempting to move to get him

DGB has the talent, & what I believe is a good situation for him. A QB that can get outside the pocket & make some schoolyard plays once the play breaks down.

13. strong

14. david johnson

15. david cobb

16. strong

17. dorsett

18. smith

19. MAXX

20. Strong

You like Strong that much?