Sign in to follow this  
mighty_thor

Tom Brady greatness stat of the week

GOAT. Can't be argued at this point. But stupid people still argue that Babe Ruth isn't the GOAT, so you never know.

Playing in his 12th AFC Championship Game this Sunday.

Conference Championship Games:

Joe Montana (7) + Steve Young (4) = 11

Tom Brady (12) = 12

Tom Brady > Joe Montana + Steve Young

7 afc champ games in a row. Pfft, that’s fine but let’s see him do 8, then we can talk.

true.

and besides... Jim Kelly went to 4 SuperBowls in a row... so you've gotta make at LEAST 8 Conference Championships before it matters... and really, it should probably be 10... or 12 even.

Just think how great the Patriots and Coach BB would have been if they hadn't lost their starting QB in 2001, might have won 5 or 6 SB's in a row!

Conference Championship Games:

Joe Montana (7) + Steve Young (4) = 11

Tom Brady (12) = 12

Tom Brady > Joe Montana + Steve Young

Yeah, bu, bu, but Montana never los... oh wait :doh:

Wow. The Giants got Montana 3x and Brady twice. Gave up one TD in three games to Montana. 3 TD's in 2 games to Brady. Those guys never cracked 20 points in those games. Amazing when you think about it.

Wow. The Giants got Montana 3x and Brady twice. Gave up one TD in three games to Montana. 3 TD's in 2 games to Brady. Those guys never cracked 20 points in those games. Amazing when you think about it.

I've heard some people around here pooping their pants because Coughlin will be in the building this week. Talk about rent free,

Gave up one TD in three games to Montana. 3 TD's in 2 games to Brady.

Montana, 0.33 TDs per game

Brady, 1.50 TDs per game

Brady > Montana

Montana, 0.33 TDs per game

Brady, 1.50 TDs per game

Brady > Montana

Oh yeah. GOAT. But they are the top two. The Giants had tough roads to their rings. Never mind only giving up 17 to Jim Kelly and 17 to Aaron Rodgers. Plus Favre wasn't so hot

Oh yeah. GOAT. But they are the top two. The Giants had tough roads to their rings. Never mind only giving up 17 to Jim Kelly and 17 to Aaron Rodgers. Plus Favre wasn't so hot

All trolling aside... nothing but respect for those Giants teams... even the ones that beat NE. It's interesting that Pittsburgh's Steel Curtain gets all the "historic defenses" accolades but those Giants Defenses - both eras - went up against the biggest, juggernaut offenses in the history of football - from Montana's 49ers, Kelley's Bills, and Brady's Pats.

Yeah but who beat The Greatest Show on turf, on turf in the super bowl :first:

Single greatest game I ever watched.

Falls behind the 2004 Red Sox playoffs though

All trolling aside... nothing but respect for those Giants teams... even the ones that beat NE. It's interesting that Pittsburgh's Steel Curtain gets all the "historic defenses" accolades but those Giants Defenses - both eras - went up against the biggest, juggernaut offenses in the history of football - from Montana's 49ers, Kelley's Bills, and Brady's Pats.

To me holding down the three peat Montana in 90 with a back up QB and an old Otis Anderson in for the Hurt Rodney Hampton was as good as it got. Then, trolling aside, the Giants did have divine intervention on their side in 07. Any Giants fan that doesn't acknowledge that is hitting themselves. But the 90 team was as tough as they come. I think at one point or another somebody got hurt that year. Simms was a strong MVP candidate, having his best year ever. Banks missed a lot of time, and Hampton was doing great as well. They had to trot Everson Walls and Dave Duerson out there. Both old and slow. Rice got held down somehow.

Yeah but who beat The Greatest Show on turf, on turf in the super bowl :first:

Single greatest game I ever watched.

Falls behind the 2004 Red Sox playoffs though

I wanted the Pats to win that game so bad. Did not care for the Rams, loved BB. And Troy Brown is one of my favorite players of all time. Just a damn good football player. 2004? West could have called Roberts out. F Him.

I wanted the Pats to win that game so bad. Did not care for the Rams, loved BB. And Troy Brown is one of my favorite players of all time. Just a damn good football player. 2004? West could have called Roberts out. F Him.

was at a friends house Saturday night for the game. was like 8 men there, I was the youngest at 45. We all hearkened back to when the patriots were the darlings of the league.

was at a friends house Saturday night for the game. was like 8 men there, I was the youngest at 45. We all hearkened back to when the patriots were the darlings of the league.

McGinest, Vrabel. Benjamin Watson. How could you not like those guys? I'm missing some. Big Vince a little later was great too.

McGinest, Vrabel. Benjamin Watson. How could you not like those guys? I'm missing some. Big Vince a little later was great too.

I was there for that game. The Rams fans the next day did not seem very happy in having to drive home with the loss. :lol:

Ty Law, Lawyer Milloy, Seymour was a rookie, Booby Hamilton,

David PatteRn on offense :pointstosky:

I was there for that game. The Rams fans the next day did not seem very happy in having to drive home with the loss. :lol:

The whole bar I was at that night was rooting for the Pats. In NY. Still cracks me up that at the parade the Pats fans started a Yankees suck chant. Classic. No one gets the rivalry if they're not in it.

The whole bar I was at that night was rooting for the Pats. In NY. Still cracks me up that at the parade the Pats fans started a Yankees suck chant. Classic. No one gets the rivalry if they're not in it.

never got the yankees suck chant, lowbrow losers

never got the yankees suck chant, lowbrow losers

Hillarious. I've seen a Boston sucks chant break out at weddings.

Hillarious. I've seen a Boston sucks chant break out at weddings.

drunken, immature losers.

It's like people that sing Sweet Caroline.

God forbid anyone has any fun. :lol:

No ship. Uptight Ed.

God forbid anyone has any fun. :lol:

What's wrong with watching the focking game? Why are you there? To sing Sweet Caroline. Stop it.

What's wrong with watching the focking game? Why are you there? To sing Sweet Caroline. Stop it.

You shall NOT sing at these games. You shall sit quietly and enjoy the game with no enthusiasm. Thats how GOD would have wanted the game to be enjoyed

I am there to enjoy the entire experience of being at the game. If I only wanted to watch the game, then I would stay home.

I actually was signing and jumping around at the Pats game the other night during the commercials since they have so many. I am just crazy like that.

Sweet Caroline was fine when it first started, but it jumped the pink-hat shark long ago.

Yankees Suxor?

I used to hate the Yankees but never cared for the chant and never participated in it. The Sox (including me and all Sox fans) were the Yankees bi@tch - the chant was loserville stuff - shut the fock up and beat them.

Sweet Caroline was fine when it first started, but it jumped the pink-hat shark long ago.

Yankees Suxor?

I used to hate the Yankees but never cared for the chant and never participated in it. The Sox (including me and all Sox fans) were the Yankees bi@tch - the chant was loserville stuff - shut the fock up and beat them.

Yep. Though I do like some players the Yankees have/had. Like Babe Ruth (what baseball player/lover doesnt like the Babe?), Jeter, and most recent The Judge.

Tom Brady has thrown for 280+ yards in 8 straight postseason games. If he does it again, he will have 10,000 passing yards in the postseason. Next closest is Peyton Manning at 7,339

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/23/tom-brady-closing-in-on-10000-career-postseason-passing-yards/

Well, he can't play the Giants all the time.

Especially when the Giants can't even make the playoffs. :dunno:

But when they do.....

You know, Brady has basically 2 hall of fame careers where he is arguably the best ever in both. He's dominated for 2 decades.

Its pretty sick how great he is ..greatest athlete ever.

He's passed Jordan

Well, they made the playoffs last year...

Good thing for you Coughlin wasn't coaching and a certified moron meathead like Quinn was.

Good thing for you Coughlin wasn't coaching and a certified moron meathead like Quinn was.

Too bad Coughlin got sh!t-canned after three consecutive losing seasons in the suck-ass NFC East. This was after two consecutive 9-7 seasons, which were two of his six [airquote]winning[/airquote] seasons in 12 years with the Giants. I mean it was a neat party-trick how he got his very talented and constantly under-performing team to occasionally show up for big games, it's just too bad he was never able to establish the consistent high-level of performance like the great coaches do.