Sign in to follow this  
cpit

DeAndre Hopkins next year?

Thoughts on his value next year after his horrible 2016? If Houston picks up Romo, will Hopkins reappear? That is, of course, until Romo gets hurt.

I can keep three players and will try to trade the other 2 for draft pics. Any thoughts appreciated.

Ezekiel Elliot

DeAndre Hopkins

Jordy Nelson

AJ Green

Sammy Watkins

Zeke

Green

Nelson.

I think Hopkins can be a very good value pick, but as we saw last season it depends on his Qb.

Hopkins is a dangerous player to own right now due to the uncertainty at QB, but if you can get him for cheap in a dynasty league, the prospect of playing with Romo(if he signs in Houston) isnt a terrible one.

If buying, I wouldnt pay much more than what I'd pay for a WR3 right now. At that price, you have a decent chance of doing okay on the deal. (if not short term, then long term for sure)

Zeke Green Nelson - no question. Romo is out so Hopkins is dust again unless Houston can pull something out of a hat - Garropolo, Cutler?

Even then it is still Zeke Green Nelson for me.

yeah I like Hopkins and I want a good qb for him as he is wasted he is a solid wr1 who is wasting his best years just now and its hard to watch. but zeke and AJ are 100% always the first 2 picls here AJ is top 5 wr with a good QB (imagine if he had a stud qb) who will get 1,000 yards and 8/10 tds zeke will hopefully continue the way he played with that oline that could make me a decent rb. jordy is jorday with Rodgers.

so I agree with the above Hopkins is great but the other 3 are to good to pass on.

but to keep Hopkins and trade nelson may not be horrible considering you will get a lot more for nelson and maybe able to pick up another solid wr2

Thoughts on his value next year after his horrible 2016? If Houston picks up Romo, will Hopkins reappear? That is, of course, until Romo gets hurt.

I can keep three players and will try to trade the other 2 for draft pics. Any thoughts appreciated.

Ezekiel Elliot

DeAndre Hopkins

Jordy Nelson

AJ Green

Sammy Watkins

I think your best keepers are Zeke, AJ, and then Jordy.

You could make a case for Sammy Watkins, but he hasnt been healthy of late, and the current QB situation isnt gonna give him much more upside than 1100 yards.

If you want to win now, the keepers above are the ones you want.

2-3 years from now jordy will be in decline. there is an argument that you could cut bait on him now, get top value and keep a guy like Hopkins or Watkins for the future.

Both WR are top talents, but do not have a similar level of talent at the QB position and this will hold them back statistically in the next year or two.

I'd strongly consider keeping the ones above, but I'd also keep an open mind with respect to trading Jordy. If someone gives you a monster offer(meaning a huge overpay), you should think about taking it because I think his value will likely peak this year, and will start to decline thereafter.