Sign in to follow this  
jgcrawfish

Tavon Austin - throwing it out there...

I just noticed that Tavon Austin is listed on ESPN at both the RB and WR spots. In leagues with tight rosters, that's a nice asset to have. He's not getting a lot of targets, but with Beasley banged up, I'm wondering if he's a streamer this weekend and somebody to watch going forward. Also rumor that Terrance Williams may be facing suspension.

Austin never had a lack of talent, and lord knows the Cowboys need somebody at that WR position to step up. Wondering if he's worth a flyer since it seems like things are on an upward trend for him?

He had a big game last week.

He's the closest thing the Cowboys have to a big play threat outside of Zeke. He'll get his share of big play opportunities and some punt returns

He could be decent Boom or Bust guy to have on the bench for depth

he has 28 snaps through 2 games. the cowboys' WR rotation is a lukewarm mess. looks pretty clear that the butler move was in response to an upcoming suspension for williams. this is good, because it voids all of williams' guaranteed money. but that still leaves no clear starters beyond beasley. beas, austin, and thompson are the most defense-threatening guys in the room, and it isn't close. hurns has been pretty much invisible, gallup is a rookie, and butler makes 6.

we'll know more after 4 games, but right now the closest thing to an emergence is thompson. given that, i say put the smurfs on the outside full time and rotate the bigger guys as depth.

that comeback route austin ran was far more important in the grand scheme of things than getting clear on a go route.

this isn't much of an answer tot he OP's question--just venting frustration.

Deep league dart throw

Dual position players always intriguing but rarely deliver