Sign in to follow this  
Kevinv86

UPDATED: Melvin Gordon Tonight - Expected to Sit

Always a concern (see Sammy Watkins a couple of weeks ago).

One big difference though...unlike Hammy Watkins, Gordon is a baller, and wants to play.

My biggest concern would be with him pulling up lame early, or tweaking his recently strained MCL...and exiting stage left.

Yes, but not because I have Gordon but because I have Jackson. if we get reports that he's playing tonight then I almost for sure going to have to bench Jackson because I don't want to risk starting him and then Gordon does play all night.

This would be bad news for both Gordon and Jackson owners.

I doubt it, if he's active he's going to play. Saw Schaefer this morning say he expects him not to play and only a good performance in pregame warmups will give him a chance

It would be incredibly stupid for him to play. Even if they beat the Chiefs it will be a huge uphill battle to overtake them for the division as Chiefs own all tiebreaker advantages.

I have both Gordon and Jackson and hope Gordon sits.

If Gordon is a no go, is Jackson a better start than Williams in a PPR? I just don't trust Williams.

I like Williams in a ppr more then Jackson.

Thanks. My house of cards team is about to fall. Just about every player on my team has some "issue". Ertz with Foles at the helm, Cook/Diggs with OC fired, Connor not playing. From the super bowl to the toilet bowl. I guess this should be week 15 FU.

I like Jackson better. Williams has two other RB's to share time with. Jackson also going against a very bad Chiefs defense. Jackson over Williams in PPR.

What if you had both players and could play both? Would you do it?

What if you had both players and could play both? Would you do it?

I would. I have both as well and if it wasnt for L Fournette playing the Skins I would have both guys in.

I like both those guys over Conner/Samuels

Chargers promoted RB Troymaine Pope from their practice squad.

Gordon is not playing.

That was my thought as well. Never a good sign when a similarly positioned player is promoted to the active roster.

That was my thought as well. Never a good sign when a similarly positioned player is promoted to the active roster.

Not saying that you're not correct, but I actually take this as more of a confirmation that Eckler will be out. They pretty much have to have 3 RB on the active roster.

Sitting Gordon with confidence, whether he plays or not.

A wise policy. Could get burned, of course....but a wise policy nonetheless.

And Dr. Chao agrees:

https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/2018/12/13/chargers-promote-troymaine-pope-melvin-gordon-likely-out-tonight-against-the-chiefs/

I doubt it, if he's active he's going to play. Saw Schaefer this morning say he expects him not to play and only a good performance in pregame warmups will give him a chance

I agree with brother jrokh here.

If I owned Gordon and he is active I play him and not worry about possible reinjury. If it happens it happens. The reward is worth it and far greater should he play all game. He got me here....with him I stand!

Chargers promoted RB Troymaine Pope from their practice squad.

Gordon is not playing.

Exler is also out, so the move may be for him

I just dont see this game being close at all.

I wouldnt start any SD RB, Chiefs 31-10.

You think the Chargers - one of the best teams in the league - are only going to score 10 points against one of the worst defenses in the football? Are you outta' your mind?

You HAVE to be a Chiefs homer.

SD 31, KC 10 is ridiculous.

Hill is way less than 100%

KC RB situation is in disarray

KC defense is mediocre

I can see SD winning this game for sure. If they lose, they will definitely score more than 10 points.

Rivers tonight or Roethlisberger vs Pats on Sunday? I worry because offense "typically" is disadvantaged on Thursday nights. Thoughts?

Rivers tonight or Roethlisberger vs Pats on Sunday? I worry because offense "typically" is disadvantaged on Thursday nights. Thoughts?

Roethlisberger has the bum rib. That worries me. Having said that, I would go with Roethlisberger

Melvin Gordon - RB - Chargers

Melvin Gordon (knee) is expected to be inactive for Thursday night's game against the Chiefs.

Gordon tested out his ankle in pre-game warmups but indicated to NFL Network's Omar Ruiz he did not get the news he was looking for. Official word will come down in 40-45 minutes.

Source: Mike DiGiovanna on Twitter Dec 13 - 6:11 PM

Melvin Gordon (knee) is inactive for Week 15 against the Chiefs.

Gordon gave it a college try in pre-game warmups but could not get his balky knee where it needs to be. The absence will be his third straight. It appears he will have an excellent shot at returning in Week 16. With Austin Ekeler (concussion) also inactive, Justin Jackson will flirt with RB1 value in a likely shootout. Also inactive for the Chargers are DE Chris Landrum, C Cole Toner, TE Sean Culkin, WR Dylan Cantrell and NT Brandon Mebane.

There it is, now the hard part JJ you can do it buddy, I believe in you kid...

Melvin Gordon (knee) is inactive for Week 15 against the Chiefs.

Gordon gave it a college try in pre-game warmups but could not get his balky knee where it needs to be. The absence will be his third straight. It appears he will have an excellent shot at returning in Week 16. With Austin Ekeler (concussion) also inactive, Justin Jackson will flirt with RB1 value in a likely shootout. Also inactive for the Chargers are DE Chris Landrum, C Cole Toner, TE Sean Culkin, WR Dylan Cantrell and NT Brandon Mebane.

There it is, now the hard part JJ you can do it buddy, I believe in you kid...

This is great news for both Gordon and Jackson owners and the Chargers. This was the only logical and satisfying conclusion.

If Gordon was close tonight, in another 10 days I think he's got a good shot for the FF Finals.

Well, for the teams that survive his absence (again).

He wanted to play. Lynn said no. I remember football. It was a great game.

You think the Chargers - one of the best teams in the league - are only going to score 10 points against one of the worst defenses in the football? Are you outta' your mind?

You HAVE to be a Chiefs homer.

I was on track until about 5min left in the 4th, then I became wrong.

Great game, SD has been incredible especially the past couple weeks.

I was on track until about 5min left in the 4th, then I became wrong.

Great game, SD has been incredible especially the past couple weeks.

What counts is the final score. :)

The Chargers had already scored 14 points by the 3rd quarter, making it 21-14 (in the 3rd) with KC leading and thereby nullifying your original projection. Also, the Chargers scored their 3rd TD in the 4th with 8:15 left on the clock.

So, a bit more than 5 minutes and way more than 10 points from your original projection. :thumbsup:

What counts is the final score. :)

The Chargers had already scored 14 points by the 3rd quarter, making it 21-14 (in the 3rd) with KC leading and thereby nullifying your original projection. Also, the Chargers scored their 3rd TD in the 4th with 8:15 left on the clock.

So, a bit more than 5 minutes and way more than 10 points from your original projection. :thumbsup:

KC was in control of the game for three quarters; besides the point, did you miss the part where I said admittedly I was wrong?