Sign in to follow this  
PATSSOX

Gordon is officially BACK...........FINALLY

Gordon is officially reinstated today and hopefully those of us who have held onto him all this time will be rewarded

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8282/josh-gordon

Josh Gordon is officially reinstated off suspension as of Monday.

The three-month wait is finally over. Gordon is now cleared for normal activities without restriction, meaning he'll participate in practice this week for the first time since August. Although coaches haven't been permitted to be in contact with him during the suspension, he has been allowed to work out at the facility and is reportedly in excellent shape. We'd expect him to hit the ground running in a Kyle Shanahan offense that is predicated on a strong run game and a voluminous/effective "X" receiver. Gordon can certainly be that, as evidenced by his jaw-dropping 87-1646-9 line in 14 games last season. Barring something unforeseen later in the week, we'd fire him up right away against Atlanta in Week 12.
Nov 17 - 11:15 AM

Thank God! Feels like forever. Two teams I own have him and are locks for the playoffs. The other team I traded him for Brandon Marshall as I needed to win now - got me the win the past 2 weeks, so I'll consider it a smart move as otherwise I'd have been eliminated while awaiting Gordon's return.

I hear ya PatSox,

While sacrificing the roster spot, I've endured Mike Floyd, Torry Smith (gone), R. Randle, along w/ Tate and Benjamin thus far.

It looks as if ill be 6-5 after tonight, so I'm excited to cash the Gordon ticket as well. However, I will certainly temper expectations for nxt week.

Somehow I am 8-3 after dealing with Calvin's injury, Jordan Cameron (finally dropped last week) patiently holding onto Jordan Matthews and having Josh Gordon on my 5 person bench (with two QB's since mine are Cutler and Wilson) all year. Short bench has nearly killed me, but somehow I have survived. Excited to go into the playoffs in a 14 team ppr with Calvin/Jeffery/Gordon/Jordan Matthews (with Wayne on the bench) at WR1, WR2, Flex1, Flex2.

I don't see Josh Gordon really doing much. He hasn't played football in forever. Browns are not that good.

People thinking he is gonna come in and have 200 yard games like nothing are going to be letdown big time.

I don't see Josh Gordon really doing much. He hasn't played football in forever. Browns are not that good.

People thinking he is gonna come in and have 200 yard games like nothing are going to be letdown big time.

quoting this

watch and learn

Browns have given up the least points to Fantasy Defenses in the NFL this year. They are only missing some flash and sizzle which Gordon will deliver. Going to Vegas next week and putting my fantasy winnings (a G) on Browns to win the Super Bowl at 50-1.

I'm not expecting much out of him on his first week, but he is a more than adequate fill in for Benjamin on his bye week. He is a WR2 this year with unlimited upside. He should start in most leagues unless you are stacked at WR and don't have enough WR slots. I am stacked, but still starting him.

They have a middle of the road passing game without him right now. Add Gordon to the mix, and you improve on that. Will they ever be the Packers or Patriots on offense? No, but they could be good enough for Gordon to have WR1 or WR2 status, for sure. He might come in rusty, but he should basically be at full speed in time for the fantasy playoffs.

So did his stint selling cars somehow make him forget how to run and jump? No......

He's in great shape reportedly and is fresh. SHOULD (repeat SHOULD) light it up from here on out.

• Like 1

So did his stint selling cars somehow make him forget how to run and jump? No......

He's in great shape reportedly and is fresh. SHOULD (repeat SHOULD) light it up from here on out.

:pointstosky: I second what DIRTY SANCHEZ says :pointstosky:

Like someone else said they have a middle road pass offense right now. Thats even with missing Flash Gordon, who happened to lead the league in yards and fantasy points last year while only playing 14 games. Middle of road + Flash Gordon = Hoyer Woody

In case you dont believe me

All Wide Receivers 2013  Season NFL Standard Stats					
		Receiving			
Player	                        Tar	Recpt	Yd	TD	FPTS
Josh Gordon WR | CLE 	        159	87	1646	9	225
Demaryius Thomas WR | DEN 	142	92	1430	14	219
Calvin Johnson WR | DET 	157	84	1492	12	214
A.J. Green WR | CIN 	        179	98	1426	11	201
Brandon Marshall WR | CHI 	163	100	1295	12	197
Dez Bryant WR | DAL 	        160	93	1233	13	192
Antonio Brown WR | PIT 	        165	110	1499	8	192
Eric Decker WR | NYJ 	        137	87	1288	11	185
DeSean Jackson WR | WAS 	126	82	1332	9	180
Alshon Jeffery WR | CHI 	150	89	1421	7	179
Jordy Nelson WR | GB 	        126	85	1314	8	172
Andre Johnson WR | HOU 	        181	109	1407	5	162

Gordon is officially reinstated today and hopefully those of us who have held onto him all this time will be rewarded

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8282/josh-gordon

Ok

And he gets to start with Atlanta. :pointstosky: :pointstosky: :pointstosky: and 150. :bandana:

quoting this

watch and learn

I'm gonna bump this and show you later after you "learned".

i'm now ready for my championship run

You gotta have an incredibly deep WR core to not start him this week. There's a chance he comes out rusty but there's also a chance he and the team is fired up.

I don't even have another option this week so I'm hoping for the latter.

I could start Jordan matthews or shoelace. However he is playing against the worst pass d in the league and he is on turf. add in the fact I would have to believe the coaches want to get him involved early and often both to see where he is at and help the run game.

Signed,

The guy who doesn't have Gordon

Incoming pulled hamstring

watch him break his leg on the first play

You two better damn well not be good at jinxing people!!!! Held onto him in 3 leagues and week 12 is gonna be like early Christmas present until he goes 4-52-0

So... did they ever rule this last suspension as a legit violation? I know his year long penalty was overturned. Somewhat. Because if so doesn't this make his next one the 'death penalty?' I'm a big Josh Gordon fan, and everybody should remember he did most of his damage last season with Brandon freaking Weeden.

Perfect time because I have Brown going on bye!!!

And then when Brown comes back, I'll have Brown, Cobb, and Gordon. :banana:

Remember when I drafted him last year and it felt like forever just waiting those first two weeks to play him. Promptly inserted him Week 3 and he went nuts and the rest is history...

For all the doubters and naysayers trying to kill the Gordon Hype Train, even if he doesn't come back and light the league up like last year, he'll at WORST be a very good WR2. I've been stashing him since the preseason when he got dropped and have endured many tough bye weeks for this very moment...

FLASH Gordon is BACK!!!

You gotta have an incredibly deep WR core to not start him this week. There's a chance he comes out rusty but there's also a chance he and the team is fired up.

I don't even have another option this week so I'm hoping for the latter.

I do! (see below) But A Brown is on a bye this week. Gordon should slide nicely into his spot. Will worry what to do in week 13 when it arrives. Odds are, this will be Gordon's only start for me the whole year. In retrospect, what an expensive roster spot to hold since week 2! I didn't know I was going to get Demaryius at the time. So at the very least, I kept him from my opponents and have an ace as a sub!

so I have to decide on only 2 WR's between

Julio, AJ Green, Gordon, and Denard

my RB's are CJ Anderson and Ellington

I am considering sitting Ellington vs Seattle and Julio against the Browns?

Crazy?

Gordo lobbied hard for JFF prior to the draft, and has been on record as a full supporter of the kid.

that ham n' egger bastid Hoyer better be on notice ... feed this beast properly, or :bench:

Points leader in our dynasty league has Sanders, Julio, Brown and Gordon. It's a murderers row

My WR corps now Marshall, Jeffery, Green, Gordon w Britt and LaFell

On the edge of the playoffs. Hoping it pans out.

Expecting some rust this week, but tough to sit last years #1 WR after holding this long

Signed,

The guy who doesn't have Gordon

Nope, don't have him. Glad I don't have him. Horrible team, horrible QB. Dude is out of shape and not football ready. Good luck.

Nope, don't have him. Glad I don't have him. Horrible team, horrible QB. Dude is out of shape and not football ready. Good luck.

hahaha what an amusing post.

hahaha what an amusing post.

gonna be more amusing when you start him and he puts up a 3/45/0 line.....lmfao

i have Gordon in both leagues and for some reason think he will disappoint. I have good wr's in both leagues and would need to start him over my other #3 WR's (deandre hopkins and denard robinson). I am worried that the Browns are a good defensive team with a good running game and wont chuck the ball all game like they did last year with Weeden because they were down early in most games.