Sign in to follow this  
nzoner

38 years ago today.....R.I.P. Bonzo

the man who once flew his group's Boeing 720 passenger jet The Starship all the way from New York to Los Angeles (he didn't have a pilot's licence)

:shocking:

Also :headbanger:

• Like 1

My parents said I was too young to go to their concert in '77. (I was 13) So I was psyched when they announced their date at the Capital Center in October in 1980. I played my 8 track of In Through The Oudoor every day for a month.

I guess seeing them live just wasn't in the cards for me.

:shocking:

Also :headbanger:

And this....after inhaling his own vomit after excessive vodka consumption, (40 shots in 4 hours). :shocking:

My parents said I was too young to go to their concert in '77. (I was 13) So I was psyched when they announced their date at the Capital Center in October in 1980. I played my 8 track of In Through The Oudoor every day for a month.

That sucks,I never had the opportunity either but did get to see Plant solo.

• Like 1

And this....after inhaling his own vomit after excessive vodka consumption, (40 shots in 4 hours). :shocking:

Yeah, but that killed him. :(

Pussee

my older brother had tickets for Philly show in 1980 too :(

I like Zeppelin, but they fall behind The Stones and The Who in my list of favorites from that era. Out of all the talent in those groups, Bonham stands out, which is saying something. Easily on my Mt. Rushmore of drummers.

I think he was great, but best ever? :dunno:

Perhaps the best straight ahead Rock Drummer, but he doesn't come across as a virtuoso ala Neil Peart of Rush.

That's a normal night !!

Youre the same age as me.

My sister had tickets to see lynyrd skynyrd at the Boston Garden when their plane ran out of gas.

On the flip side. I saw Gerry Garcias last concert with the greatful dead in 95. He died about a month after.

• Like 1

I like Zeppelin, but they fall behind The Stones and The Who in my list of favorites from that era. Out of all the talent in those groups, Bonham stands out, which is saying something. Easily on my Mt. Rushmore of drummers.

I am a big Rolling Stones fan. I put zeppelin a little behind them. But to me The Whos music just hasnt aged well while the stones and zeppelins music seems timeless.