Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Gruden gets $100m and 10 years

That's what it was going to take to get him out of the TV booth. He played it smart, declining jobs year after year until some owner refused to take no for an answer. He needs to win at least two Super Bowls to justify that salary.

That's what it was going to take to get him out of the TV booth. He played it smart, declining jobs year after year until some owner refused to take no for an answer. He needs to win at least two Super Bowls to justify that salary.

Just 1.

Hopefully we can get Rex and that chick to take over the announcing booth. The few games I listened to of theirs was some of the best awful announcing I've ever heard. I could tell they had nothing in common and I think Rex just wanted to rub her feet while making sexist comments.

If he actually lasts ten years, $10M per is probably not out of line for a HC gig. However, if the money is guaranteed and he gets fired after two or three seasons..... Ouch!

As long as his offense and coaching turn Amari Cooper into a top 10 dynasty WR for my team, he is worth every penny of that $100m

Bwahahahahaha! Gone before the end of 3 seasons. Mark it down!! lol

The real win, is that we won't have to listen to drone on and on and on and on and on about every swinging jockstrap in the NFL draft. My goodness, that was nauseating!

• Like 1

That has too be the most money spent on a coach m

That's just insane.

How will he feed his family on that.

Just like you and me......one bite at a time.

That has too be the most money spent on a coach m

That's just insane.

How many families will his 10% charitable tax deduction feed??

How about we make charitable tax deductions 50% and pull the poor up from the bootstraps??

Gruden makes the Raider franchise worth more than $100 million then what it was worth last week.

How about we make charitable tax deductions 50% and pull the poor up from the bootstraps??

Gruden makes the Raider franchise worth more than $100 million then what it was worth last week.

vegas will do that. Who wants to go to Oakland? All opposing fans will want to travel to Vegas for games.

Just like you and me......one bite at a time.

Lol I reckon so.

Cool.

If you like coaches.

I don't see his value.

Can you sale me on it?

Gruden will do just fine there. Toughest part will be coordinating everything around the moving and keeping the team focused. I'll miss the guy from the booth though.

Losing record last 6 years coaching including 0-2 in playoffs. He won a Super Bowl with Tony Dungy's team.

That contract is ridiculous.

Losing record last 6 years coaching including 0-2 in playoffs. He won a Super Bowl with Tony Dungy's team.

Tony Dungy couldn't win with his own team and Tampa knew it. Plus he did it with the great Brad Johnson at QB. Heck, Tampa was an underdog in that superbowl.

Plus, his name recognition alone will create a lot of buzz around this team.

Agreed.

It's a silly contract.

Again proving, it's not all about just win baby.

It's about we need too sale tickets.

He doesn't deserve the title off owning the richest contract given too a HC.

• Like 1

Tony Dungy couldn't win with his own team and Tampa knew it. Plus he did it with the great Brad Johnson at QB. Heck, Tampa was an underdog in that superbowl.

Yeah they were 4 point dogs and they won the game because of Dungy's defense. Go watch the highlights.

Not saying Gruden is a bad coach but his reputation as a "great" coach has always been premature in my opinion.

• Like 1

Yeah they were 4 point dogs and they won the game because of Dungy's defense. Go watch the highlights.

Not saying Gruden is a bad coach but his reputation as a "great" coach has always been premature in my opinion.

I never thought of him as great or anything, but I think he may be judged mostly on if he can turn Carr into a very good QB. Becase he wasn't this year and Oakland freaked about that as they thought they had the man in Carr.

I always seen gruden as a conservative coach, hows that gonna work out in Oakland.

Well maybe good if he can teach Cooper how to catch the ball and Carr how to improve instead of go backwards.

I never thought of him as great or anything, but I think he may be judged mostly on if he can turn Carr into a very good QB. Becase he wasn't this year and Oakland freaked about that as they thought they had the man in Carr.

He wasn't the same after the Broncos broke bones in his back early in the season. Carr was a MVP candidate in 2016 before getting hurt. So if they're gonna judge Gruden on if Carr can be a very good QB than he's got a pretty easy job.

10 years, 100 million...Dude better be playing for AFC Championships within a couple years, and in a Super Bowl within 5 years.

He wasn't the same after the Broncos broke bones in his back early in the season. Carr was a MVP candidate in 2016 before getting hurt. So if they're gonna judge Gruden on if Carr can be a very good QB than he's got a pretty easy job.

10 years, 100 million...Dude better be playing for AFC Championships within a couple years, and in a Super Bowl within 5 years.

Mariota and Winston were promising in the previous year. But they kinda suck now along with Carr. Carr didn't get it back together. That's why Gruden is hired. All QBs get beat up. But can they get back to it? Especially the younger ones.

And who cares about the money? Oakland is doing just fine as a franchise.

And you are just typing in the average coaches formula for time allowed to be extended.

Mariota and Winston were promising in the previous year. But they kinda suck now along with Carr. Carr didn't get it back together. That's why Gruden is hired. All QBs get beat up. But can they get back to it? Especially the younger ones.

And who cares about the money? Oakland is doing just fine as a franchise.

And you are just typing in the average coaches formula for time allowed to be extended.

Mariota and Winston have never been MVP candidates.

I got it, you like Gruden while I'm skeptical of all the drooling over him the past decade to come back to coaching.

Mariota and Winston have never been MVP candidates.

I got it, you like Gruden while I'm skeptical of all the drooling over him the past decade to come back to coaching.

I actually didn't know people were drooling all over him. The people here mostly think it's a bad move by Oakland. I just think if a team believes in the guy, who am I to say they are stupid? I prefer he stay in the booth because I like listening to him during the game. But that's not my call.

Plus, even if a lot of people like someone (player or coach) I can't automatically interperet that means he is going to be bad.

First off, the contract is backloaded. Word is it'll be $5 mill per year till the team gets to Vegas. This takes advantage of the Nevada tax laws and PSL money. Folks will believe what they want, Raider fans could give a shite. Most of us remember the mutt of a team he took over in '97, and the miracle job he did turning it into a Super Bowl team while working for one of the most frustrating and meddlesome owners in sports. He's stayed close to the game and he has twenty uears more experience.

His Tampa team was gutted due to the trade for himself, his list of QBs included Brad Johnson, Chris Simms, Jeff Garcia and Bruce Gradkowski. His work as a GM paled to his prowess as an offensive mind, and he was seriously burned out by 2005, but we'll retain Reggie McKenzie.

And he took the team Dungy built too the Super Bowl, too play a team that Gurden built that was coached by someone else n

It's all about butts in the seats.

Gruden is flash Del Rio was boring.

Ticket sales.

Anyone think the Las Vegas Raiders will have a lot of off field issues? Gruden could be doing a lot more babysitting than the average coach.

That being said, I could see a lot of players wanting to get to Vegas....instead of playing in, let's say, Buffalo or Kansas City.

Agreed.

A lot of players would like too play in Vegas.

It's going too me a very interesting situation, and I think that the problems that could arise from the Raiders playing in Vegas could make the NFL regreat this move.

Not saying that it will be all bad, but Vegas sure does open up more opportunities for problems then other NFL cities.

It's a interesting match.

Agreed.

A lot of players would like too play in Vegas.

It's going too me a very interesting situation, and I think that the problems that could arise from the Raiders playing in Vegas could make the NFL regreat this move.

Not saying that it will be all bad, but Vegas sure does open up more opportunities for problems then other NFL cities.

It's a interesting match.

Yeah because New York opens up no temptations to idiot players.

Do you really believe that New York doesn't open up temtations to players?

I would disagree with your statement.

I think New York indeed does.

Every city I think has its temptations.

Vegas will bring along its own.

Do you really believe that New York doesn't open up temtations to players?

I would disagree with your statement.

I think New York indeed does.

Every city I think has its temptations.

Vegas will bring along its own.

Not sure what to say to that. Take care dude.

Thanks, you too.

I see big, exciting cities as attractive destination but athletes chase one thing...money. I don't really blame them.

distract the fock out of them, who cares :banana:

Plus, his name recognition alone will create a lot of buzz around this team.

Buzz doesn't win championships.

• Like 1