Sign in to follow this  
Kopy

Hey Marshall

I know we're 27 million under the salary cap, and our biggest named free agents are Marcell Reece and Luke Willson.

But Blair Walsh? Really?

Blair Walsh?

I like the move. I was stoked to hear that he had finally escaped Minnesota, after the way he was treated there. Remember that ghastly Wild Card game in the frozen tundra against Seattle last year? If I recall correctly, it was something like 20 below that day and yet Walsh managed to score the Vikings' only points in horrendous conditions (3 fiield goals, I think it was). Then at the very end, he missed one and his otherwise non-scoring team went down in defeat. The first thing that Zimmer did after that game was to bitterly throw Walsh publicly under the bus - when he was the ONLY team member who had scored any points for them. I lost any respect for Zimmer that day.

At any rate, that would seem to explain his dip in production afterwards. It's got to be difficult to perform at a high level when you're being excoriated at work and your boss has it in for you. I think that if his confidence can be restored, he'll return to his formerly excellent form and be just fine in Seattle - where players are treated as human beings instead of scapegoats.

That's assuming, of course, that he hasn't been signed just to provide competition for Hauschka. It's too early to tell, yet.

A sixth-round pick of the Vikings in 2012 out of Georgia, Walsh earned a Pro Bowl nod and was named first-team All-Pro during his rookie season, when he went 35-of-38 on field goals (92.1 percent), made all 36 of his extra points, and established an NFL record by going 10-for-10 on attempts of 50 yards or more.

In 2015, Walsh led the League in made field goals with 34, but in 2016 the Vikings released Walsh after nine games. Walsh went 12-of-16 on field goals and 15-of-19 on extra points during his final season in Minnesota.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2017/02/09/seahawks-sign-kicker-blair-walsh

If he turns it around, I'd be all for it. I just always get a little leary of guys when they miss chip shots in a big game. Alot of times it really ruins the psyche.

Now a Hauschka/Walsh best man wins competition is a good thing. I just don't want him handed the job. I'd like to see him win it.

Cousinal 111 your post is a winner.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Don't Seattle and Minnesota have a history of busting each others chops with players?

Don't Seattle and Minnesota have a history of busting each others chops with players?

The one who immediately springs to mind is Percy Freaking Harvin. *shudders*

Seattle awarded 2 third rounders for comp picks.

Their draft total is officially:

1-1

2-1

3-3

6-1

7-1

The fourth was traded away last year. They lost the fifth do to penalty.

New rule, Comp picks can now be traded starting this year also.

If he turns it around, I'd be all for it. I just always get a little leary of guys when they miss chip shots in a big game. Alot of times it really ruins the psyche.

Now a Hauschka/Walsh best man wins competition is a good thing. I just don't want him handed the job. I'd like to see him win it.

From Bob Condotta today at the Combine:

"Schneider says signing of Blair Walsh doesn't rule out Hauschka could return. Says team will definitely sign another kicker to compete."

The one who immediately springs to mind is Percy Freaking Harvin. *shudders*

It all started over Nate Burleson iirc

• Like 1

pm down?

The guy that sang Set Adrift On Memory Bliss?

It all started over Nate Burleson iirc

wasn't hutchinson first? with the contractual deal about games played in the state of minnesota?

Then came Burleson, I think.

wasn't hutchinson first? with the contractual deal about games played in the state of minnesota?

Then came Burleson, I think.

You're right, Hutch and Minny started everything. Burleson was supposed to be the payback.

While he was pretty decent for us, I don't think we ever really got the last laugh on that one. I'd of much rather of had Hutch.

• Like 1