Sign in to follow this  
Marshall

Eagles sign RB LeGarrette Blount

Wow, that's big news. (pardon the pun)

im not to sure how much this changes anything.

He'll score some TDs but outside of that who knows how good he'll be in Philly?

He can excel in the perfect situation but the Eagles rarely provide that.

It's a crowded backfield with Mathews, Smallwood, and Sproles. Blount should top the depth chart.

He's the RB to own in Philly but I wouldn't expect the same numbers he had last season.

He'll score some TDs but outside of that who knows how good he'll be in Philly?

He can excel in the perfect situation but the Eagles rarely provide that.

It's a crowded backfield with Mathews, Smallwood, and Sproles. Blount should top the depth chart.

He's the RB to own in Philly but I wouldn't expect the same numbers he had last season.

Mathews has never been in the 2017 plans. The Eagles are cutting him to save cap space. They cannot do so currently because he's still recovering from injuries.

He's a sneaky good RB2. Blount's draft position will be of great value again this year comparative to where he finshes the season in stats.

Do you really believe that Blount can be counted on as a Rb2 with the Eagles.

He's only had two seasons with over one thousand rush yards.

And he's only scored more than seven tds once and that was last season when he scored 18, and that was with the Patriots.

He has zero value in the passing game.

I personally don't see him reaching one thousand rushing yards and no way does he even come close to his TD total of last season, I see him being no better than a low Rb3 in ppr leagues.

I am buying. RB2

I don't trust the other RBs which raises Blount value, but the losing passing downs drops to RB2.

I wouldn't touch him in PPR obviously, but in standard formats he might be worth a roster spot. I can see him being over-valued in my dynasty league. I will laugh out loud when that inevitably happens!!

Not trusting the other Eagles RBs is a very good point.

But I still don't trust that Blount can be counted on to be a Rb2.

No work in the passing game , and I'm not sold on the Eagles at this time.

I think he's good enough to force teams to respect the run. Especially in Goal line situations.

biggest beneficiary will be Wentz. Teams wont be able to Tee off on him because there is the legitimate possibility they can run the football.

Are you sold on Wentz?

I'm not to excited about the Eagles going into this season, I can see them finshing last in their divison.

And what does Jeffery add, first hang nail and he's out.

And Blount was a different player under the Patriots system, it's going to be interesting how straight a narrow he is this season.

How is the Oline?

Are you sold on Wentz?

I'm not to excited about the Eagles going into this season, I can see them finshing last in their divison.

And what does Jeffery add, first hang nail and he's out.

And Blount was a different player under the Patriots system, it's going to be interesting how straight a narrow he is this season.

How is the Oline?

too early to say for Wentz. But I think they are giving him all the tools to succeed.

where this goes from this point out is up to Wentz.

PFF graded the Philly line to be ranked 8th in the NFL. But their best Run blocker (Lane Johnson) was out of the lineup a good portion of last year due to suspension. If he stays on the field, I think they will be fine.

I'm not buying into him. There is no Brady and the teams will blitz him to death. Might have good value in TD heavy leagues getting goal line carries.