Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

UPDATE: Eric Decker on the way out of New York - Signed by TEN

Per Adam Schefter...

And now the Jets are parting ways with WR Eric Decker, sources tell ESPN. Have told WR they either will release or trade him this week.

Is there anybody else left for the Jets to cut? Who's left at receiver... Quincy Enunwa and Robby Anderson? Ohh my.

Great news for Decker IMO.

Maybe he will end up with KC.

This has been rumored for quite some time now. Is Enunwa or Robby a factor now? Who else is gonna catch the ball, Stewart?

Word is they've contacted Steve Smith.

Just saw that news story on Roto that they contacted S Smith.

Great news for Decker IMO.

Maybe he will end up with KC.

If I was in Deckers shoes I'd be thanking the team for letting me leave. The organization appears to be quite a mess. If he has any hopes of winning a superbowl, he's better off elsewhere.

Saw this posted in my news feed. Decker has been a lot more productive than he gets credit for.

"a true complementary receiver who scores touchdowns in the red zone. Decker is just that at 6'3/214, and only Dez Bryant, Brandon Marshall, Antonio Brown, and Demaryius Thomas have scored more touchdowns since 2012, and that's with Decker missing 13 games

That's some really good company to be in when you are playing wr in the NFL.

Very interesting update thanks Vern357.

Yeah, that stat really surprised me.

Would love to see my Hawks grab him to replace Kearse.

First team that I thought of was KC.

But Seattle would be smart to grap him.

He would be a scary good fit for AZ too. Fitz and Decker out wide with Brown in the slot?

Saw this posted in my news feed. Decker has been a lot more productive than he gets credit for.

"a true complementary receiver who scores touchdowns in the red zone. Decker is just that at 6'3/214, and only Dez Bryant, Brandon Marshall, Antonio Brown, and Demaryius Thomas have scored more touchdowns since 2012, and that's with Decker missing 13 games

He gets the proper amount of credit. He's always been very good. He will go somewhere and be very good again if healthy.

Decker has been the definition of consistent in recent seasons. Lacked the upside a bit but was a lock for solid WR2 numbers each week.

He was good in Denver when Tim Tebow was the QB. He was good with the Jets and Ryan Fitzpatrick.

I would say it can only get better. He'll be fine if he's back from injury okay.

Decker has been the definition of consistent in recent seasons. Lacked the upside a bit but was a lock for solid WR2 numbers each week.

He was good in Denver when Tim Tebow was the QB. He was good with the Jets and Ryan Fitzpatrick.

I would say it can only get better. He'll be fine if he's back from injury okay.

I've always liked him but I wouldn't go as far as saying he was good when Tim Tebow was QB. Nobody was.

In 12 games that Tebow started in 2011, Decker had 24 catches for 392 yards, 4 TD's.

That's an average of 2 catches for 32.6 yards and. 33 TD's a game.

He gets the proper amount of credit. He's always been very good. He will go somewhere and be very good again if healthy.

Seems like a great fit for a young, inexperienced Philly wr corps.

I've always liked him but I wouldn't go as far as saying he was good when Tim Tebow was QB. Nobody was.

In 12 games that Tebow started in 2011, Decker had 24 catches for 392 yards, 4 TD's.

Tebow was the QB when he first hit fantasy relevancy.

He wasn't the consistent player he has become but he had some big moments with Tebow.

Philly sign Jeffery and they have J Matthews and they sign T smith, I think they have their load of WRs.

KC is who should pick Decker up.

Seems like a great fit for a young, inexperienced Philly wr corps.

Not gonna happen. The Eagles don't have cap space for it

He'd be good in either of the LA teams.

In fact, If I were the Rams I'd be giving him or Maclin a call (or both)

Decker to KC, Maclin to the Rams would be good moves.

Is it really worth trading for him at this point of his career in a dynasty league? What do people that own him in PPR league want to let him go?

Uncertainty of his next landing spot would be my answer.

And his age of 30.

But look at what he has done.

Three of his last four full seasons he's reached 1000 plus yards and 11 plus tds.

And he hasn't been blessed with the best of qbs

I would have no problem for the right price picking him up, I wouldn't over pay for him.

For a Tebow receiver that's HOF worthy

I see Decker landing with the Ravens. I even seen Rotoworld blurb that said the Ravens were inquiring about him. They don't have much for WR's behind Mike Wallace and Perriman. Dennis Pitta done for. Mediocre pass catching group. KC is cap strapped and won't have much to offer. Buffalo might be another team that would inquire about him. Always loved his consistency.

Not gonna happen. The Eagles don't have cap space for it

To be honest, I've not looked at Philly's Cap situation.......... But I have to ask - how in the world are they strapped for space? They have a young team, w/out much star power, who is eating it all up?

To be honest, I've not looked at Philly's Cap situation.......... But I have to ask - how in the world are they strapped for space? They have a young team, w/out much star power, who is eating it all up?

Fletcher Cox extension made him a large cap hit.

But primarily they have a TON of money on the offensive line in Peters and Johnson. Brandon Brooks and Kelce are also pricey too.

They'll get some relief when they cut Mathews...think about 4 mill or something. Mychal Kendricks is another potential cut candidate. For some reason the Eagles brass soured on him, even though I think he's a decent SAM. Jason Kelce might also be gone before the season if some of the young guys keep making strides. Seumalo has been looking good in OTAs

Good is a relative term.

if a player such as Hopkins gets 1500 yard receiving with Brady at QB and then drops to 700 yard receiving when he gets traded and plays with Tim Teebow, does that mean the player is bad?

No.

It is a reflection on the quality of the player throwing him the ball.

personally, I wouldnt want to judge any player by how they do with Teebow throwing him the ball. But that's just me.

when looking at the body of work I'd be inclined to ignore the Teebow years and go with the rest.

Good is a relative term.

if a player such as Hopkins gets 1500 yard receiving with Brady at QB and then drops to 700 yard receiving when he gets traded and plays with Tim Teebow, does that mean the player is bad?

No.

It is a reflection on the quality of the player throwing him the ball.

personally, I wouldnt want to judge any player by how they do with Teebow throwing him the ball. But that's just me.

when looking at the body of work I'd be inclined to ignore the Teebow years and go with the rest.

I agree...as I said, "nobody was" good when Tebow was QB.

Fletcher Cox extension made him a large cap hit.

But primarily they have a TON of money on the offensive line in Peters and Johnson. Brandon Brooks and Kelce are also pricey too.

They'll get some relief when they cut Mathews...think about 4 mill or something. Mychal Kendricks is another potential cut candidate. For some reason the Eagles brass soured on him, even though I think he's a decent SAM. Jason Kelce might also be gone before the season if some of the young guys keep making strides. Seumalo has been looking good in OTAs

In IDP leagues Im keeping watch on Kendricks. Seems he didnt buy into the system last year and there was an attitude problem. If they cut him he could get decent playing time elsewhere.

Just grabbed him off waivers in one league.

Yeah I didn't think the Titans really needed another receiver. But I guess besides Rishard they are all young.

I think this move is to buy the youngsters a year or two for development. I like it. a good route runner with experience. The young guys can probably learn a lot from a guy like Decker.

This move makes a lot of since for the Titans.

They did a good job in getting Mariota a sold Wr.

Who does this move effect the most on the Titans is now the question, and I don't know.

But with Davis and Decker outside and Walker at te down the middle and D Murray coming out of the back field my guess would be R Matthews.

I don't see how he won't have less targets than the 108 he recorded last season and he won't score nine tds.

So he would be my first pick.

You does this move effect the most on the Titans is now the question, and I don't know.

But with Davis and Decker outside and Walker at te down the middle and D Murray coming out of the back field my guess would be R Matthews.

I don't see how he won't have less targets than the 108 he recorded last season and he won't score nine tds.

I also have to think Decker will like having a top QB tossing him the ball as well.

Not sure how this affects his ADP, but I suspect I will be a buyer come draft/auction day.

Seems to me Decker is more of a possession receiver then down the field threat. I think Walker takes a big hit, but Decker has health issues.

Who does this move effect the most on the Titans is now the question, and I don't know.

Idk that Matthews loses his spot. He proved to be a very reliable receiver last year. I think we would find a very kisses off Matthews if that happened. It's why he was so angry at Miami. For years he sat unused at they trotted out receivers who flat out were not as good as him. Now this situation is a little different, but still Davis is just a rookie. We don't know what he can do in the pros yet. Maybe he starts inside.

Plus Decker is just on a one year deal. It's not the type of deal where a team plans on making a guy a starter above a legit starter already like Matthews