Sign in to follow this  
Blitzen

FBI Memo About the Roswell Crash Released

That's it? You'd think flying saucers with aliens inside them would warrant more than a half a page. :unsure:

Back then, the government was more efficient then today.

any human on this planet that believes we are the only advanced civilization in the universe is dumbass. It's mathematically impossible.

We are only 70 years into space exploration/rockets/satellites/radio waves/ advanced telescopes and we've already covered our solar system.

Our new Kepler telescope has already found hundreds of earth like planets in its very short existence. This is only the beginning.

Don't fight the facts, we are not alone, I assure you.

That's it? You'd think flying saucers with aliens inside them would warrant more than a half a page. :unsure:

Agreed. Not sure what to think of this. I'd have to see the wreckage and remains in real life to believe.

I suspect that the universe is likely teeming with life, most of it rather simple, but still, life is likely found all over. We find simple life growing in some of the most inhospitable places on this planet. it seems as though where one can find water, one will find some form of organism.....

Given the vastness of space it seems likely that life has taken root elsewhere in our own galaxy, and beyond. Whether we would recognize it, or it approximates anything similar to ourselves is something "we" may never know. But any planetary system close in age to our own, with similar attributes can likely hold developed life, if not highly developed life.

"The memo also says the investigator passed on the information to a special agent. Hottel says this about the flying saucer: 'They were described as being circular in shape with raised centers, approximately 50 feet in diameter.' 'Each one was occupied by three bodies of human shape but only 3 feet tall.'"

Russian midgets? :dunno:

"The memo also says the investigator passed on the information to a special agent. Hottel says this about the flying saucer: 'They were described as being circular in shape with raised centers, approximately 50 feet in diameter.' 'Each one was occupied by three bodies of human shape but only 3 feet tall.'"

Russian midgets? :dunno:

This would explain a lot about Gutter..... :ninja:

any human on this planet that believes we are the only advanced civilization in the universe is dumbass. It's mathematically impossible.

We are only 70 years into space exploration/rockets/satellites/radio waves/ advanced telescopes and we've already covered our solar system.

Our new Kepler telescope has already found hundreds of earth like planets in its very short existence. This is only the beginning.

What I find odd is how they chose to release this document: a total non-event.

Were they hoping that people wouldn't notice? That would be pretty dumb, even for the FBI.

And they can't deny the document's existence when they release it themselves.

Are politicians going to say that the FBI confused flying discs with weather balloons and that the thing about the recovered bodies was just a joke? I mean I don't think they have plausible deniability anymore.

Are they preparing to announce officially that ETs are real?

I just find the whole thing very odd.

What I find odd is how they chose to release this document: a total non-event.

Were they hoping that people wouldn't notice? That would be pretty dumb, even for the FBI.

And they can't deny the document's existence when they release it themselves.

Are politicians going to say that the FBI confused flying discs with weather balloons and that the thing about the recovered bodies was just a joke? I mean I don't think they have plausible deniability anymore.

Are they preparing to announce officially that ETs are real?

I just find the whole thing very odd.

Good points.

Another thing odd is that EVERY poster on the bored is not in this thread.

I do not doubt that they exist. What I do doubt is that they visited the Earth, let alone visted (conveniently) during the height of Cold War tensions and Space Exploration hysteria. If they do know about us, they haven't made contact, nor have we detected them.

It make take several billion years before an intelligent life form other than us is able to fine tune the static of a broadcast enough to appreciate Lucy and Ricky and Fred Mertz.

Didn't it say hoax at the bottom of the original link???:unsure:

Yes, that's how I found it. I just presumed that was a late addition because all the people commenting in this thread, none of them seemed to have noticed it.

Long-distance space travel seems theoretically impossible. You would have to be able to travel many times the speed of light to get ANYWHERE in a normal being's lifespan. So unless there are aliens that live for hundreds or thousands of years, or they have found some way around physics as we currently know it (which is possible), then it would be flat-out impossible for aliens to visit Earth.

Long-distance space travel seems theoretically impossible. You would have to be able to travel many times the speed of light to get ANYWHERE in a normal being's lifespan. So unless there are aliens that live for hundreds or thousands of years, or they have found some way around physics as we currently know it (which is possible), then it would be flat-out impossible for aliens to visit Earth.

For a guy who has worms, you sure haven't encountered their holes.

For a guy who has worms, you sure haven't encountered their holes.

I'm going to admit that I am way out of my element here (I basically suck at science), but isn't the existence of wormholes purely theoretical at this point? And even if they did exist, is it something that you could harnass or are they just some randomly occurring phenomena?